Review Camera extension cable

Guest awarner

Guest awarner [MVP]

This is a compilation of two emails I have recieved on the subject of the cables.

I wish we had this probelm when we made our test cables.

The test with several prototype made was satisfactory so we decided to make it. There was only one batch ever made. Only when the whole batch was made then we found out the possible problems. But everyone we sent out had been tested and working with a camera (we have gone

through 3 cameras already as they inevitably wore out).

The problem has to be the connection between the camera and the connector. The connector is well made and we do not doubt the quality.

The pins spacing is very fine and very slight misalignment will render it unworkable. The cable is well made and we believe that. It just happens that the camera and the connector were just not made for each

other. And I do not think there is anything else we can do.

As said everyone we sent out has been tested with real camera and working. If the user fail to get it to work after many attempts, the connector may be out of alignment furher and the cable probably will never work.

I do not think it is the connector that is the main problem. The camera connector itself could contribute something to it too. The cable connector may be misaligned one way and the camera connector the other way. While they each will work perfectly with other connections the 2 together may result in excessive misalignment.

Of course we offer refund if the user cannot make it work.