SmartPhone Studio(**Announce**)

Guest gzytom

Guest alkandery75
Ah,

Thought the program also worked on the Pocket Pc Phone edition, as the XDA II.  

It would be great to have such a program also for these devices.

Please let me know if you want me to beta test it.

Have a great New Year :)

Hellooo

I have i-mate Pocket PC Phone Edition (XDA II), and the program is working very nice with it, but I can not send SMS, I'm getting error: 0x82000204, otherwise all is fine....

hi... thanx for this great app... installed on my spv and works as it should... just a few things i noticed though that may help with future development...

1... when syncing messages with my inbox it kept stopping after 15 messages... the 16th message was a mms... after deleting this and other mms's from all folders (including deleted items folder) it synced all messages...

2... a couple of the contacts on my sim have the same name... this also caused the syncing to hang... changed the offending names and it worked fine.

also, i have just bought the motorola mpx200... trying to get spstudio to work on that but the pc app doesn't seem to want to connect... CommMan runs ok and says 'listening'... i have also just run the app unlock provided by alphaflux on this forum... has anyone else noticed any issues with the mpx200 and spstudio???

thanx again.

Hey great work - nice app and really needed!

Agreeing with post above requesting fix in the next version for SMS download issues - I found *I think* a similar bug to MMS being present in the inbox causing the sync to hang during SMS transfer.

Any emails in my smartphone inbox cause the smartphone studio download sync to hang. I removed the emails from my smartphone inbox and the sync worked again fine. Put email in smartphone inbox again and the inbox transfer hangs again so perhaps there is an issue with non sms messages?

Guest NederSoren

Hi..

I just tried your app.. a little late, i know.. But i have this problem:

The app installed fine and all.. But now when i try to download the SMS-messages to my PC, it stops downloading at 4% it apears to have downloaded 32 sms messages from the buttom-line (32 SMS total, 0 unread)

My outbox, sent items etc. have downloaded none..

This may be caused by the MMS bug? i dont know, i supose i could check it out, and turn back..

Anyways.. Looks like a nice app.. thx mate

/Neder

/Update It apears that this is the MMS bug.. i just counted. And messege 33 from the buttom was an MMS messages.. :)

Guest gzytom

Happy new year friends!

Thanks your great help。

I have made some fix in CommMan,but I don't know if it can erase out the bugs mention above.May I ask you a favor?

At last a way to rescue my inbox! I can't thank you enough for this software.

I need to reset my phone and I just happened to come across this thread...

This is a long overdue and much welcomed bit of code, good work!

I originally had a problem with uploading my sent items to the PC;

I had an email in there, I deleted it but the app was still hanging at 190/466 msgs. However, with the installation of the new CommMan.exe on the SPV, it worked first time (I had no emails or MMS though - for your reference). Haven't tried sending a message yet, but I have good faith that it will work as intended! :)

I can go reset my phone now! Hazah... I mean, D'oh! Nightmare...!

Thanks anyway, will continue to use this!

Nik

Guest NederSoren

Do u mean it stopped at 30%?Still MMS bug?

No.. It work as it is supose too :)

It just took a couple of min to download my inbox, and it had only downloaded 30% when i wrote in here :(

Sending and reciving works great too btw :D

Thankyou

/Neder

Guest darrellt

Sorry for the dumb question but after copying the two files to my SPV how do I then find and run CommMan.exe ?

Thanks for your time and effort.

Darrell.

Guest NederSoren

use a file explorer like Smart Explore to browse to the folder that you droped the file in..

or simply, use active sync to drop the file in IPSM/Windows/Start Menu

and the go to your startmenu in the phone, and you'll find the file :)

The latest commman.exe cured the inbox problem - everythings now working nicely. Inbox is transferring from phone with no problem including emails which previously arrived synced via activesync. Very well done! Thanks again for a superb and much needed app!

P.s anyway in future you can integrate this functionality with outlook? :)

I backed up all my SMS as a .txt file, and then did the UK ROM update. Now I am trying to restore the texts, but get an "invalid file format" error? Any ideas?

Thanx for a great prog!

Guest gzytom
I backed up all my SMS as a .txt file, and then did the UK ROM update.  Now I am trying to restore the texts, but get an "invalid file format" error?  Any ideas?

Thanx for a great prog!

Oh,I am sorry to say you cannot do this now.If you want to restore your texts.you should have exported them in "spd" format!

It's my fault not make a English manual for the software.

Oh,I am sorry to say you cannot do this now.If you want to restore your texts.you should have exported them in "spd" format!

It's my fault not make a English manual for the software.

Is there any way to convert from .txt to .spd? I don't mind if there's some manual reformatting needed...

Guest moorejam

Can anybody tell me why when I run CommMan.exe in smart explorer it comes back with "Unavle to open the file. The system returned the error 'Access denied'

Thanks

I Must be really stupid!!!

I cannot get the programm to work!!!

Started it on my SP and on my desktopomputer

NoTHING!!!

The grey button changes into a greenbutton

It says: connected to phone: Activesync.

When i go to inbox. Nothing happens!!!

No downloading or whatever!!

Please help me!!

PS I have a Dutch SPV, but i don;t belive that should be the problem, because other dutch SPV users succeded