512 PNY SD CARD

Guest ebony_rascal

Guest ebony_rascal

Hi

I have just bought a 512 meg PNY SD card from Dixons...

I copied a mixture of MP3 and Movie files ok but while the moves play ok

the MP3`s play terrible jumping constantly in media player !!!

Movies and MP3`s play fine on the 8 meg card that comes with the phone.

Any ideas and tips appreciated ...

thanks

Paul

Guest TheMadScot

Ensure that you've selected 64kbps encoding for your mp3's; most phones can't handle higher bit rates than that for smooth playback.

• 3 weeks later...

ive had the SPV running with 256Kbps fine---try deleteing everything off your card and copy it back on again.

I had a problem with all my MP3's being corrupted because my PC was doing hardcore things while i was copying the MP3's over to the phone.

If that doesnt work try re-formating your card---i think the free task manager does this --(cant remember so i might be wrong about that).

8)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest k9oky

right, im getting a 256mb sd card. but im a little confused, im looking on ebay and can see a few different types. copying stuff onto the 8mb card is very slow i was wondering if any sd cards are quicker than others.

ive seen one that says the following:

New LEXAR ULTRA HIGH SPEED Secure Digital SD 256MB

4 times the speed of Regular Secure Digital!!!!

Compare regular Sandisk 1.2MB Write Speed to Lexar 32X's 5 MB Write Speed.

Fast write speed is a must for cameras with 3+ Megapixels!!!

is that nothing or does that mean that some are quicker than others, therefore would it copy stuff over quicker to the phone? if so is the one above quick?

by the way i have a spv e200 and can play mp3's on mediaplayer no problem at 128kb/sec, in fact the one i have on right now is 192kb/sec and its just under 4 minutes long and it plays fine. (im using the crappy 8mb disk, which for some reason only seems to hold 6.5mb even after i formatted it with task manager!!!!!!!!!!!grrrrrr)

Guest MECX

you wont be able to get any quicker transfer using the phone, if you get an SD card reader the card you described will be quicker (but anything is quicker than using the phone over USB)