I-mate Smartphone2 update now available. Did anyone try it?

Guest harshal

Guest mthomas50

I've posted this elsewhere but I know a few people were asking about getting MMS on the E200UK once the Imate ROM has been installed in this thread so I'll copy my response below:

First things first - below are the details I took from my Orange E200 UK before I flashed with the Imate ROM (you don't need all of these settings but they were on the Orange ROM so why not?) :P

Go to Start - Settings - Data Connections then press Menu - Edit Connections and add in each of the following:

Proxy Connections

Name: Orange WAP Proxy

Connects From: The Internet

Connects to: WAP Network

Proxy: 192.168.71.35

Type: WAP

Username: blank

Password: blank

GPRS Connections

Name: Orange GPRS

Connects to: The internet

Access point: orangeinternet

This is the important one for MMS

Name: Orange MMS

Connects to: Work

Access Point: orangemms

Name: Orange WAP

Access Point: orangewap

Now Open up MMS Composer and choose Settings

Change Max Sending Size to 100K

Change No of Attempts to 3

Change Connect Via to Work

Then Choose Menu and then MMSC Settings

Edit the default Profile and change the following:

Change Name to Orange MMSC

Change MMSC URL to http://mms.orange.co.uk/

Change WAP Gateway to 192.168.224.10

Now please bear in mind these are for Orange UK only - if you have any problems reply and I'll see what I can do.

Hope this helps

Guest JimFowler

Thanks for all the info on this thread. I have performed the update and everything seems okay in general, however I cannot connect using gprs.

I have changed the gprs settings as instructed in this thread but nothing is happening, it just says connecting...

Any advice please,

Jim

Guest beerguzzler8518

The only way I could get my E200 UK to upgrade was to use the Greek one. Managed to get all my GPRS MMS setting sorted.

Can't comment on battery life as it's getting a bit of a hammering today with all the testing/config I'm doing.

So far my only grumble is not been able to use T9 properly. I can no longer scroll through words i.e if I type 'If' it always defaults to 'He' and I can't find how to scroll. On the Orange Rom I used to press 0 and that gave you all the available words.

Anybody else had this prob and managed to fix it?

Guest prmedloc

Does anyone know if you can switch t9 on the imate rim to choose alternate word suggestions the orange way instead of using the joystick? It is much slower for me having to use the joystick.

Guest onyx69

Hello people,

I bought Smart Amazing Phone 2 Voyager (SPV E200 QTEK8080, I-mate 2), this is name given by Smart Communication here in philippines. I always read in MoDaco forum, this where I found out that I can upgrade my phone for better performance. I used the greek version of upgrade (like spacemonkey procedure). When I started to upgrade it is working up to 10% only and it stopped. I tried and tried with the same results. The problem when I started my phone it wont work now. Can somebody HELP ME PLEASE with this problem.

Thanks in advance

Guest yorkie2k3

I was the same just set the phone to bootloader and run the update 5 mins later running spot been same ever since (2 days since update) a lot better than than the orange rom and no more annoying sd bug

Guest prophet

Can this ROM upgrade be reversed, by re-running the Orange 2.6.1.3 or Swiss 2.6.5.3 ROM's ?

Dont wanna turn my SPV into the most expensive paper-weight since my failed PPC2002 upgrade on my IPAQ !

Guest mthomas50

Hi all,

It is possible but it may take some persevering. I don't exactly remember all the steps but I only used the same things i downloaded to flash the phone to the Imate ROM.

These were:

The Greek ROM

Florins Fixed EXE

The Orange ROM

The Imate ROM

If i remember right I copied the Orange NK.NBF to the folder I extracted the Greek files to. I also copied Florins fixed EXE. I then ran the fixed EXE to flash the phone with the Orange ROM.

It took a few attempts to work and I ran it with the phone on the Canary screen (turn it on while holding record).

Let me know if you get any problems and if I get time I'll try and flash it again and make notes :P

Mark

Guest chanceu

If anyone followed my instructions on how to keep your Orange homescreen theme, I made one mistake and didn't realize it until I turned my phone off for the first time today.

What you would see is if you turn your phone off then back on, the homescreen settings you downloaded would be gone.

The scheme.xml and the image file should be stored in StorageApplication DataHome as opposed to Windows.

Sorry for any trouble.

Guest onyx69

Ronny,

Finally i made it to upgrade to my SAP 2. I just used the fixed exe of florin and used i-mate upgrade not the greek one. I hope it will work also with you. Only when you started the phone the I-mate will be shown instead of Simply Amazing.

Can any one know how to change the start-up logo in Smart Phone 2???Ronny,

Finally i made it to upgrade to my SAP 2. I just used the fixed exe of florin and used i-mate upgrade not the greek one. I hope it will work also with you. Only when you started the phone the I-mate will be shown instead of Simply Amazing.

Can any one know how to change the start-up logo in Smart Phone 2???

Guest ronny

onyx69,

glad to hear that you have made it, by the way whats the difference between the orig sap2 rom and the imate rom? i dont think that you can change the imate logo on startup.

Guest ex_zero

just wanted to say, success!!! finally gave up and upgraded to the imate ROM, with the imate ROM and florins fixed exe, and it worked flawlessly! just in a days use, I can see battery improvements, hopefully my bluetooth woes go away, as well as the phone turning off every now and then... but mms does not work :P hopefully I can get it to fully work on this phone, never worked fully before. Very intermittent, it would work once, then straight after, it would not work

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest HurricaneDave
I've posted this elsewhere but I know a few people were asking about getting MMS on the E200UK once the Imate ROM has been installed in this thread so I'll copy my response below:

First things first - below are the details I took from my Orange E200 UK before I flashed with the Imate ROM (you don't need all of these settings but they were on the Orange ROM so why not?)  :)  

Go to Start - Settings - Data Connections then press Menu - Edit Connections and add in each of the following:

Proxy Connections

Name: Orange WAP Proxy

Connects From: The Internet

Connects to: WAP Network

Proxy: 192.168.71.35

Type: WAP

Username: blank

Password: blank

GPRS Connections

Name: Orange GPRS

Access point: orangeinternet

This is the important one for MMS

Name: Orange MMS  

Connects to: Work

Access Point: orangemms

Name: Orange WAP

Access Point: orangewap

Now Open up MMS Composer and choose Settings

Change Max Sending Size to 100K

Change No of Attempts to 3

Change Connect Via to Work

Then Choose Menu and then MMSC Settings

Edit the default Profile and change the following:

Change Name to Orange MMSC

Change MMSC URL to http://mms.orange.co.uk/

Change WAP Gateway to 192.168.224.10

Now please bear in mind these are for Orange UK only - if you have any problems reply and I'll see what I can do.

Hope this helps

well im glad somebody had the good sense to do this.. :P

Guest tdaxgav

Does anybody have the florin fix or a link for it

I've been trying to put the imate on my spv with a bootloader 07 and it is failing horribly....

Gav

Guest gertst

I have a Mobistar spv e200 running operator version 2.6.6.4 (manufactor 1.11.6.7 and radio 1.12.01). This is the latest update from the Mobistar (=Belgian Orange) website (12/5/2004)

Do I have to upgrade? What will be different?

tnx,

Gert

• 4 weeks later...

guys......is there no way of having the orange Homescreen or at least something similar on the imate rom?!?!?

i really like the rom as a whole, but hadnt realised how much i used that homescreen, for everything really......if i cant get something similar working then i will have to go back to orange :) !!! thats not good!

• 1 month later...
Guest nikjensie

I must say that one of my absolute favourites with this rom is how it doesn't disconnect GPRS with holding down "Hangup". GREAT!!! Finally I can lock my phone and keep Agile connected without all the hassle...

Nik