New Plugin: SmartMonitor 0.9.6.0 [Updated 15/11/2004]

Guest drfonz

Guest nickcornaglia

Sure...I'll post the xml and bmp's tonight when I get home. (no sync cable here at work...and I normally bring it...I need to get another!)

Guest lsainsbury

What a FANTASTIC homescreen plugin!!

However - could the authors of the homescreens as displayed on http://www.smartphinger.co.uk/SmartMonitor/

* © Dr Fonz

* © encece

* © Skunkchild

...PLEASE make your designs available for all to use!!

Or if they already are - can somebody point me in the direction where I can download them....I'm partically intrested in the homescreen by encece...

PLEAZEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! ^_^

Lee

I seond that. I just want the code enece used for the plugin. My homescreen is done. Just want to add that exactly like he has it.

Thanks for the awesome plugin by the way!

-Mc

Thank you guys for your compliments!

I have already included the code to my version of the OrangeHomescreen in the previous page of this thread. As for the other guys, I believe encece is finishing up some touches and then he'll hopefully post his results here or in the appropriate forum. As for Skunkchild, I'm awaiting for him to post any time now, but I think he might be polishing his designs before posting ^_^

Cheers!

Dr Fonz

Perhaps! ^_^

Could you post here the piece of XML you're using to display Fahrenheit?

From what I remember, encece's original Homescreen design displayed temperature in Fahrenheit and his screenshot showed 69 degrees...

Cheers!

Dr Fonz

here's my whole use of the plugin (stolen by the way and slightly modified)

font-face="Arial" font-size="12" font-weight="normal"/>

font-face="Arial" font-size="12" font-weight="normal"/>

B: {life-percentage}%

T: {temp}ºF

S: {free}/{total}Mb

MC: {free}/{total}Mb

Mem: {memory-load}%

S: {free}/{total}Mb

Mem: {memory-load}%

Guest mfioble

Ok, got a question. I took the bit of code from the modified orange theme and put it at the bottom of another theme. It looks fine except that when the text is selected it disappears or goes blank. I can still click on it but I can't figure out why it goes blank. Only thing I can think of is that somewhere in the theme it has to use a background image when stuff is selected? The theme does use individual gifs for the selected stuff in the rest of the theme, , but I would think the plugins setting should allow for it to be in bold text when selected. Thanks for any help!

Also having the same issue with the tempature when set to F

Here is the plugin code I'm using:

font-face="Arial" font-size="12" font-weight="normal" font-quality="cleartype"/>

font-face="Arial" font-size="12" font-weight="bold" font-quality="cleartype"/>

I: {free}/{total}Mb

I: {free}/{total}Mb

all I can see that you really changed is the font weight and the color. Let me try to make mine do what you're trying to do. You want it bold when selected only?

Mine is copied from the same source but I modified the second line so it looks cleaner and some other little stuff. Once enece posts his, I'm going to rip out his code anyway. I really like the pics and he did an awesome job.

-Mc

p.s. I think the Fahrenheit worked OK in the last version but not the latest. See enecee's homescreen and see that it works. See what mine says:

home.jpg

Guest nickcornaglia

Here ya go. Here is the code. The BMP's are in the zip file along with the entire XML file and a photoshop file if you want to modify the rest yourself. Have fun. (PS. This is still a work in progress so it's constantly changing. Here is a screenshot of the latest as well.)

<!-- SmartMonitor -->

<plugin clsid="{05E393E9-1712-41ac-B9D3-533B52F10A36}" name="SmartMonitor" height="22">

<background state="unselected" bgcolor="transparent"/>

<background state="selected" bgcolor="transparent"/>

<format state="unselected" bgtext="transparent" bgcolor="transparent" padding-left="0" padding-right="0" padding-top="0" padding-bottom="0" font-face="Nina" font-size="10" font-weight="normal" font-quality="cleartype"/>

<format state="selected" bgtext="transparent" bgcolor="transparent" padding-left="0" padding-right="0" padding-top="0" padding-bottom="0" font-face="Nina" font-size="10" font-weight="normal" font-quality="cleartype"/>

<monitor state="selected">

<text x="5" y="1" color="#FFFFFF">Memory</text>

<memory x="4" y="11" color="#FFFFFF" units="Mb">{free}MB</memory>

<meterbar x="2" y="11" image-full="StorageApplication DataHomemonitorbar_full1.bmp" image-empty="StorageApplication DataHomemonitorbar_empty.bmp" bar-direction="left-right" type="memory-free" details="physical" transparent-color="#FF00F0"/>

<text x="41" y="1" color="#FFFFFF">Battery</text>

<battery x="39" y="11" color="#FFFFFF">{flag-short}</battery>

<meterbar x="37" y="11" image-full="StorageApplication DataHomemonitorbar_full2.bmp" image-empty="StorageApplication DataHomemonitorbar_empty.bmp" bar-direction="left-right" type="battery" transparent-color="#FF00F0"/>

<text x="74" y="1" color="#FFFFFF">Storage</text>

<storage x="74" y="11" color="#FFFFFF" path="Storage" units="Mb">{free}MB</storage>

<meterbar x="72" y="11" image-full="StorageApplication DataHomemonitorbar_full3.bmp" image-empty="StorageApplication DataHomemonitorbar_empty.bmp" bar-direction="left-right" type="storage-free" details="Storage" transparent-color="#FF00F0"/>

<text x="109" y="1" color="#FFFFFF">SD Card</text>

<storage x="109" y="11" color="#FFFFFF" path="Storage Card" units="Mb">{free}MB</storage>

<meterbar x="107" y="11" image-full="StorageApplication DataHomemonitorbar_full4.bmp" image-empty="StorageApplication DataHomemonitorbar_empty.bmp" bar-direction="left-right" type="storage-free" details="Storage Card" transparent-color="#FF00F0"/>

<text x="148" y="1" color="#FFFFFF">Temp</text>

<temperature x="144" y="11" color="#FFFFFF" units="F">{temp}F</temperature>

<icon file="StorageApplication DataHomemonitortemp.bmp" x="142" y="11" transparent-color="#FF00F0"/>

</monitor>

<monitor state="unselected">

<text x="5" y="1" color="#FFFFFF">Memory</text>

<memory x="4" y="11" color="#FFFFFF">{free-percentage}%</memory>

<meterbar x="2" y="11" image-full="StorageApplication DataHomemonitorbar_full1.bmp" image-empty="StorageApplication DataHomemonitorbar_empty.bmp" bar-direction="left-right" type="memory-free" details="physical" transparent-color="#FF00F0"/>

<text x="41" y="1" color="#FFFFFF">Battery</text>

<battery x="39" y="11" color="#FFFFFF">{life-percentage}%</battery>

<meterbar x="37" y="11" image-full="StorageApplication DataHomemonitorbar_full2.bmp" image-empty="StorageApplication DataHomemonitorbar_empty.bmp" bar-direction="left-right" type="battery" transparent-color="#FF00F0"/>

<text x="74" y="1" color="#FFFFFF">Storage</text>

<storage x="74" y="11" color="#FFFFFF" path="Storage">{free-percentage}%</storage>

<meterbar x="72" y="11" image-full="StorageApplication DataHomemonitorbar_full3.bmp" image-empty="StorageApplication DataHomemonitorbar_empty.bmp" bar-direction="left-right" type="storage-free" details="Storage" transparent-color="#FF00F0"/>

<text x="109" y="1" color="#FFFFFF">SD Card</text>

<storage x="109" y="11" color="#FFFFFF" path="Storage Card">{free-percentage}%</storage>

<meterbar x="107" y="11" image-full="StorageApplication DataHomemonitorbar_full4.bmp" image-empty="StorageApplication DataHomemonitorbar_empty.bmp" bar-direction="left-right" type="storage-free" details="Storage Card" transparent-color="#FF00F0"/>

<text x="148" y="1" color="#FFFFFF">Temp</text>

<temperature x="144" y="11" color="#FFFFFF" units="F">{temp}F</temperature>

<icon file="StorageApplication DataHomemonitortemp.bmp" x="142" y="11" transparent-color="#FF00F0"/>

</monitor>

</plugin>

encece.gif

encece.zip

Guest mfioble

You have it right McHale, I just wanted to make it go bold when selected. But for some reason it goes blank when selected even though everything is the same in the selected/unselected sections, except for the bold flag.

Guest nickcornaglia

you can change the color of the BLANK bitmap to black instead of green to match your background. I have not loaded the latest version and am still running the previous version....where my Farenheit is working fine. Guess I wont be upgrading to the latest yet! ^_^

cool... thanks for the tip.

By the way, the graphs don't show when it's not selected. I have no idea why this is the case. It works fine at first, but once you move your bar to it then off of it once or twice, it stops working. ^_^

Thanks again. This is great work!

-Mc

Guest nickcornaglia

Did you just change your post???

By the way, your code that you cut and pasted into this thread is not the same as the code in your zip file. When I used the code posted here, the graphs didn't show when it wasn't selected. In your zip file, it worked fine.  

I went to look at the code. I cut and paste right from the XML. The only thing I can think of is the text in the CODE block above is reformatted in some way with line breaks that "break" the XML....

ANYONE ELSE...USE THE CODE IN THE ZIP FILE!!!! ^_^

As far as selected and unselected...I can switch on and off 100 times and it always works for me. Try loading my entire homescreen and see if that works. The only differences between what you have and what I have is you are using the newest version of the plugin...I am still one back.

yah, sorry for the confusion. I used the thread code and it gave me that problem. So I copied and pasted it out of the zip file and it didn't. So I posted. Then I selected it a couple times and BOOM... started doing it again. Had to change my post. DOH! Don't be surprised if this issue is my fault. I'm editing the default home screen to include everything I want. Oh yah, I also don't know XML so am learning as I go.

We'll see pretty soon if people creating screens have the problem. It's at least documented here in case someone else sees it. Maybe you're right, it's another thing with the latest version. I'll try your entire screen and see what gives...

Since I'm learning XML by doing this, hopefully, I'll have actually retained some of it and can figure it out. ^_^

Thanks again. Your home screen and those graphs look awesome.

-Mc

p.s. what's the highest number you can use for a refresh rate? 60? 120? 600? Anyone know? I certainly don't need to monitor it that close and an approximate is fine with me (especially if my precious battery is at stake).

Guest nickcornaglia
Oh yah, I also don't know XML so am learning as I go.

Join the club! ^_^

EDIT:

I edited the gif image to reflect the latest XML...ZIP file updated too.

Guest nickcornaglia

DrFonz...

Would it be possible to add a temperature offset to bring the temperature a bit closer to actual ambient room temperature???

Example:

offset = -10

Bringing the temp from 87F to 77F, for example.