Serous mpx200 problem

Guest matador

Guest matador

I went through all the problem/bugs/broken/you name it messages and could not find the same bug as I have.

This is how the story goes.

I am @ a party and my friend tells me to relax and to leave my phone on his bed while the whole house is going wild. I do that(big mistake by moi) and when I come back there is a horde of people sitting on his bed.

I look for my phone and I find it near on the lamp stand by his bed.

I pick up the phone and don't notice anything.

When I get away from the room for a little while I finally pick up the phone to make call or to check the time it really does not mater.

When I pick it up I decide to flip through the contact but..

as soon as I open it I see that the backgroud is back to defualt, everything is nice and blue.

I go and see that I have no contact at all, everything is erased.

I get very pissed, I got back to the room and of course no body admits anything it seems like nobody actually touched it.

So I call Motorola the next day try to find out what happen maybe someone made a master reset.

I found out that it was not the case and there is something wrong going on.

while I am on the phone w/ Motorola the girl instructs me how to make a hard reset I do it and find out that I can loose even more info such as all of my carefully crafted ringtons and voice messages to self and all of that crap.

Whatever, he is the really messed up and buggy part.

Now, my line that hold the info on how many SMS messages I have is like this

inbox has always 1 email no matter what!

Sms has always the highest number of SMS messages I had since then..

meaning the other day I had 4 messages and it will be 4 until I will have 5 unchecked messages in which case it will switch to 5. and so on

The MMS is black there are only two brackets there is no 0 to be found.

I Cannot fix it help!

it gets better...

I triend to install some of hte software I had before master reset, I have AvantGo for some reason and it was not working back then when I tried to install it, so I tried to install it now (you know fresh start). It failed and now no matter what application I try to install I get this message: that AvantGo failed to install and of course I do not get any other application installed.

I must mention that I bought the phone a couple of month ago off ebay it ,I got it unlocked, worked perfectly.

Also I got the new firmware of ebay(I know I was stupid) and it took away the annoying mMode that I had no use for and all the other things that I never bothered to check since my sim card was not provided by AT&T.

This is my first problem.

I would appriciate any advice, I have the feeling that I have to flush my phone with a firmware and all the problems will go away.

I tried hard reset it did not work.

I know it is long but I had to make sure I told the whole story.

Guest awarner [MVP]

For your SMS problem click on the words Phantom SMS

As for MMS you need to install the Jmms application.

Also AvantGo is not available for the phone.

I have the same problem but long time ago.I'm only Shutdown it and boot it. anything erased and i don't know why it happen. I'm sure i don't do hardreset.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Sounds like you may have had a partial reset, this is similar to a hard reset but caused by a corruption in the registry.

The phone has an auto repair function that kicks in if it encounters a problem with certain registry entries.