Speculation on the future of WM smartphones

Guest XePeR

I'm curious as to what you guys realistically expect to see in the next line of Windows Mobile-powered smartphones. We've all seen the evidence of QVGA screens and more RAM, faster/better CPUs, wireless support etc. But what's that ONE thing that's got you hyped about the devices that are around the bend, the one's we haven't even seen yet.

Personally I'm super excited for QVGA smartphones, the idea that a screen the size of my MPX200s can display 240X320 is really interesting to me. Small text be damned, i want a 2.2" QVGA screen!!!

what are you looking forward to?

Guest barrybryce

Nothing in particular - but the way these things go - once they tell is what it is I'll probably want it badly :) !

Each phone I've had has had all you could ever want at the time I've got it, but they always think of something else.!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

As with the high res PPC screens, high res smartphones won't have "small" text, as you appear to get with your PC, the text will be the same size but have more pixels to it, kinda antialiased, like cleartype, but better! Your pictures and other images will also be more defined.

QVGA is going to rock :)

• 1 month later...

i feel qvga is a must, my previous phone se k700 had a screen half the size of my orange c500 but still had the same resolution 176*220. it was very sharp and i strongly feel the next vm phone must have a qvga screen :?: