Upgrade from E200 to C500

Guest amshowman

Guest amshowman

Hi,

I've got an SPV E200 and the contract has expired. I want to upgrade to the C500 and I've seen a great offer at Talkworld

The only problem is I can't keep my number. Any idea where I can go to get a similar deal, but keep my number?

Cheers - Andrew

Guest Confucious

Buy a PAYG SIM from another operator, port your number to them then port it back to your new contract.

Seems a good deal you've found.

Edited by Confucious

Guest finnil

I'd use OneStop, but get the BT headset seperately.

They've got a good deal on OVP Vodafone 200:

200 minutes/month - £30 for the year after cashback !

www.onestopphoneshop.co.uk/ourdeals.php?PROV=OR&OFF=C500&TAR=V150

Alternatively check out www.needamobile.co.uk for the latest deals

cheers,

finnil

Guest amshowman

Thanks everyone for your advice. I've found this offer which looks unbeatable: £300 cashback at OneStopPhoneShop on Yourplan 400 + 400

When I spoke to Orange about upgrading my phone (and thus keeping my number) they couldn't get anywhere near this offer.

Confucious - please can you let me know how I go about porting my number across? If I buy the C500 from onestopphoneshop, can I transfer my old number to, say a Tmobile PAYG phone, then port it to my new phone which would have a new Orange number?

:roll:

Thanks - Andrew

Guest mcwarre

amshowman,

Call Orange and ask for a PAC code (this allows you to transfer to another network). Then do as Confucious says get a PAYG sim card from another network provider. Then ask for a PAC code from them and goto OSPS. Watchout there may be a minimum term that you have to stay on your PAYG sim for.....

It is a bit of hassle but worth it if you want to keep your number....