How to application UNLOCK your C500

Guest d3viou5

Guest d3viou5

HOW TO UNLOCK your C500 so you can install any software.......this is so easy i cant believe i haven't seen it in this forum before.......screw typhoon rom dumps, decrypting, encrypting flashing crap.....

Here's how to do it!

Visit this website:

Cheeky

Follow the instructions and fill in the details......and click send.

You need to connect to the internet at least once on your phone before clicking send. It doesnt mention the C500 on the Orange page but.........

Couple of seconds later........Badda Boom.......one unlocked phone.

It does say 'temporarily install unsigned software' on the site so i'm probably about to find that when i restart my phone its gonna lock itsself but hey.......we'll see......

Duke Nukem 3d runs absolutely sweet by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to that Horny MofO at PocketGamer.org for helping me out with this one........

Edited by d3viou5

Guest Disco Stu
HOW TO UNLOCK your C500 so you can install any software.......this is so easy i cant believe i haven't seen it in this forum before......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I had a £ for every time that address appeared in this forum (and an extra $ for all the alternative addresses) I'd buy your country.

And have enough left over for a bag of chips :roll: :D

Guest d3viou5

well it worked for me on my spv c500 and id didnt involve me flashing it and ballsing it up so i'm pretty chuffed. Especially as i can now play duke nukem 3d. The only reason i got a c500.........

well it worked for me on my spv c500 and id didnt involve me flashing it and ballsing it up so i'm pretty chuffed. Especially as i can now play duke nukem 3d. The only reason i got a c500.........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you mean the website link worked, or the application posted by Beyondthetech?

I imagine the app works on a C500 but I'd rather someone else tested it first :D

Question too - if I app unlock the phone using the orange website method, then sim unlock it and use it on 02, is there anyway that the phone can reset itself so that it becomes app locked again? Would a hard reset restore the app locked setting or is it permanently app unlocked once you've done it?

Guest shodanjr_gr

I believe that sim unlocking wont re-applock ur phone. But iirc a hard reset will...

BTW, that site worked fine for me when i was using orange (actually i think ive used it with Greek vodafone to app unlock an Original SPV). Just make sure u select SPV E200 as ur phone.

HOW TO UNLOCK your C500 so you can install any software.......this is so easy i cant believe i haven't seen it in this forum before......

What I can't believe is how you could possibly not have found this on the forum before! :shock: Never wondered what OTA means?

Edited by drblow

I am shocked! I thought this Developer site OTA has been the main discussion thing here on Modaco for years?

Bugger... I was hoping for some clever registry hack being explained in this thread... :D

Guest d3viou5

i accept the site has been mentioned loads, but i hadnt seen anywhere that suggested it would work with a C500. It doesnt say it will on the ornage site. As far as i knew the only way was to unlock it by flashing etc......Without the orange site, how easy is it?

thanks for the tip! tried it thru the phone and appeared to work fine.

before the orange unlock i couldnt update my spv c500 with the sp3i software from www.clubimate.com (with the games and stuff on). Now i have been able to.

However, using the little utility mentioned by another user here, I ran the program on my phone after using the orange unlock and it still comes up as saying locked?? :?:

Well, iknow i can install more than i could before now :-D best not do too much to funk it up though.

Guest awarner [MVP]
i accept the site has been mentioned loads, but i hadnt seen anywhere that suggested it would work with a C500.

It's only been mentioned on this site and worked since day one of the C500 release :D

Guest davidhorn
i accept the site has been mentioned loads, but i hadnt seen anywhere that suggested it would work with a C500. It doesnt say it will on the ornage site. As far as i knew the only way was to unlock it by flashing etc......Without the orange site, how easy is it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That you, Dave?

perhaps it would help if either it was specifically pinned in the C500/Typhoon forum or more obvious that it is included in the pinned 'HTC Typhoon (C500 / SMT5600)' thread?

Guest Disco Stu
perhaps it would help if either it was specifically pinned in the C500/Typhoon forum or more obvious that it is included in the pinned 'HTC Typhoon (C500 / SMT5600)' thread?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's pinned at the top of Help & Advice as it is the same method for all the Orange Smartphones.

Guest d3viou5
I can run Doom.... but I've haven't unlocked it yet.

is it possible that I don't have to unlock it?

Pigo

How did you get doom to work? On mine it keeps saying it can't find the Doom1.Wad file, even though its there.

In past experience i've had to have the doom3.wad file as well. Is this the case?

Guest awarner [MVP]

It is listed all over the site, all you have to do is look a little bit in this section the

Help and Advice, Articles sections etc :D

Guest awarner [MVP]
How did you get doom to work? On mine it keeps saying it can't find the Doom1.Wad file, even though its there.

In past experience i've had to have the doom3.wad file as well. Is this the case?

Going a bit off topic but the the doom.wad file needs to be inside a folder named doom which is inside the main doom folder.

(this is how it used to be, with the original released for the phone so I presume it's the same with the newer updates as well.

I can play doom... I can install all apps I've tried... but getting a skin to install HELL NO!!! only then it comes with a alaert that it's un-signed!

any help please?

Pigo