iMate Jam Camera Patch now available

Guest markdotpeters5

Guest markdotpeters5

[Edit by Paul [MVP]: Originally posted in our HTC Magician area here]

[Edit 2 by Paul [MVP]: Sample pics added further down in topic]

http://www.rapyemen.org/JAM_Camera_Patch_V1.03.1.0.CAB

I found this link on another forum, you can also download from www.ClubiMate.com if you're a member;

http://www.clubimate.com/index.asp?PageAction=DEVICE_JAM_CAM

Try it and see!

The patch improves the responsiveness of the camera when the shutter button is pressed. Settings to improve the sensitivity of the camera under normal light conditions are also modified by this patch

I'll be trying it when I get my Jam tomorrow :D

WOW that made loads of difference im well happy no more 'snow'.

just a note tho you need to restart your phone before the changes will take effect coz i didnt think it did anything at first :D

Guest Chaser81

Hate to be the one to pour cold water on the excitement, but I have not noticed any difference to the camera quality at lower light at all. Doesnt seem to have made a blind bit of difference.... :-(

Guest Paul [MVP]

I've installed the patch, and it gave me some weird white-spot behaviour in the camera app, but the taken pics when viewed on a PC or with SPB Imageer definitely seem better.

I'll post some samples shortly...

P

Guest Chaser81

The daytime (bright light) shots were always good on the Jam anyway though, werent they, its the (even slightly) poor light shots where it falls down. I would be interested in seeing some samples taken in lower light conditions with the patch installed.

Also, where did the patch come from? I installed it last night on blind faith, but is it an official Imate patch?

Guest markdotpeters5

it seems (according to my phone, and the imate support reps) that on some handsets it appears to make bugger all difference.

Paul, what Rom are you using please?

Guest markdotpeters5

mine's version 2.70, build 18387, and the dark pictures are shocking. The light ones are OK, tho.

See examples below...

post-2662-1105644685_thumb.jpg

post-2662-1105645332_thumb.jpg

Edited by markdotpeters5

Guest markdotpeters5

thats the version mine was on out of the box, and after i applied the imate fix. Thing is, it didn't make any difference to the pictures.

WHat are your low light pictures like?

Guest markdotpeters5

its really frustrating because all they need to do is get shot of those stupid blue dots, and it'll be fine, apart from that the camera's great. The video in good lighting is awesome!

Guest Microsoft
mine's version 2.70, build 18387, and the dark pictures are shocking. The light ones are OK, tho.

See examples below...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My c500 can do sharper pics than that?!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.