Smart Mille Bornes Game

Guest solomonk

Guest u116040

T'as traduit le plus gros .. ?

Je propose une nouvelle version de ma traduction avec/I propose a new version of my translation with :

Vide => (Vide)

Continuer => Suivant

Max Points => Points max.

It'll be the last, i hope ?

Ca sera la derniere, j'espere ?

@++, good game/bon jeux ?

(vous devez renommer local_fr.zip en local_fr.smbskin;

ou prendre ce local_FR_EN.zip qui contient mon FR et l'EN original)

(J'ai aussi remis une ancienne version de SmartMilleBornes qui fonctionne sur PC, mais en anglais :s )

locales_en_fr.zip

locale_fr.zip

SmartMilleBornes_1.0.exe

Edited by u116040

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PoussahPensif

Salut!!

Il y a un bug par rapport à la règle du jeu: quand on fait un coup fourré, ça annule l'attaque, on ne devrait donc pas avoir à reposer un feu vert avant d'avancer.

Suggestion : ce serait bien de pouvoir jeter une carte même lorsqu'on pourrait s'en servir. Par exemple, pour gagner 300 points de plus pour conduite sûre, on ne doit pas utiliser de cartes 200. Je suis donc obligé d'attendre que le téléphone m'attaque et m'empêche d'avancer pour les jeter.

J'ai un bug récurrent et systématique: à chaque fois que la carte qui permettra de finir la partie est déplacée, par moi ou le téléphone, le jeu plante:

Erreur

SmartMilleBornes.exe

IndexOutOfRangeException

Application::Run+0xf

MainForm::Main+0xa

J'utilise un SPV c500 en français, MilleBornes en français.

-------

Hello

There is a error related to the rules: after a "coup fourré", you shouldn't have to use a new green light card, since the coup-fourré cancels the previous attack.

Suggestion : could be good to be able to discard a card even if we are able to use it. For example, to win 300 extra points for safe driving, i must not use any 200 cards. But i can't discard them unless I am unable to add miles.

Bug report : when the last card which will end a game is moved (by the phone or myself) the program crashes (see above)

I use a SPV c500 in french with Mille Bornes localized in french.

Edited by PoussahPensif

• 4 months later...
Guest xswl0931
how do you get the game to run in english?

thanks, chris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to unzip the language pack and copy the en smbskin file to your game folder. After the game is started, you need to choose Menu->Lanuage->English.

One suggestion is that I would like to be able to just push the numbered buttons above the cards to make a move rather than use the (sometimes overly sensitive) joystick. Great game!

Guest lafester
You need to unzip the language pack and copy the en smbskin file to your game folder.  After the game is started, you need to choose Menu->Lanuage->English.

One suggestion is that I would like to be able to just push the numbered buttons above the cards to make a move rather than use the (sometimes overly sensitive) joystick.  Great game!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i tried that, i thought. i installed the game by simply copying the .exe file to the smartphone. there was no folder so i created one and added the language file to it along with the .exe file. didn't help. maybe the game created a file somewhere else?

thanks, chris

Guest lafester
well i tried that, i thought. i installed the game by simply copying the .exe file to the smartphone. there was no folder so i created one and added the language file to it along with the .exe file. didn't help. maybe the game created a file somewhere else?

thanks, chris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

guess you need to reset the phone for it to work...

got it now, thanks! great game btw.

getting the index out of range crash now! is there a fix for that?

thanks, chris

Guest xswl0931
guess you need to reset the phone for it to work...

got it now, thanks! great game btw.

getting the index out of range crash now! is there a fix for that?

thanks, chris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The index out of range exception seems to only occur in the non 4-player game, so just play the 4-player (normal) game until it is fixed.

• 5 months later...
Guest solomonk
Hello

hi! saluton!

There is a error related to the rules: after a "coup fourré", you shouldn't have to use a new green light card, since the coup-fourré cancels the previous attack.

hope, i have fixed it in 1.21.. please, try it!

Suggestion : could be good to be able to discard a card even if we are able to use it. For example, to win 300 extra points for safe driving, i must not use any 200 cards. But i can't discard them unless I am unable to add miles.

added in 1.21.. use up/down buttons

Bug report : when the last card which will end a game is moved (by the phone or myself) the program crashes (see above)

i'll try to locate this annoying bug and fix it in nearest release.. thanks!

Guest solomonk

so, after some time :) i'm back..

now i going to fix bugz and port the game into pocket pc..

if you have any suggestions or bug reports -please, let me know..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xswl0931
so, after some time :) i'm back..

now i going to fix bugz and port the game into pocket pc..

if you have any suggestions or bug reports -please, let me know..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First, SMB is one of the best games on Smartphone. However, now that you've fixed the Coup Fourre bug, you introduced two more:

1. when a Coup Fourre occurs, if the player wasn't rolling already, they are now rolling for free without needing to play a roll (Go) card

2. when a Coup Fourre occurs, and the player is still rolling, then the opponent cannot play a stop card on them (assuming the safety card wasn't a Right of Way)

Guest solomonk
First, SMB is one of the best games on Smartphone. 

:roll: :) 8)

However, now that you've fixed the Coup Fourre bug, you introduced two more:

1. when a Coup Fourre occurs, if the player wasn't rolling already, they are now rolling for free without needing to play a roll (Go) card

2. when a Coup Fourre occurs, and the player is still rolling, then the opponent cannot play a stop card on them (assuming the safety card wasn't a Right of Way)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so, please, try 1.3 version.. if it is still playing coup fourre wrong - let me know..

Guest xswl0931
:roll:  ;)  8)

so, please, try 1.3 version.. if it is still playing coup fourre wrong - let me know..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only problem is that the computer opponent or now plays hazards on top of hazards. Strategically, this doesn't make sense. For example, I play a flat tire on the other team. They pass several turns waiting for a replacement tire. My teammate decides to play an empty gas tank hazard on them even though the opposing team is immobolized. The other team has an extra tank they can play. Now they get rolling again. Completely the wrong strategy.

Guest solomonk
The only problem is that the computer opponent or now plays hazards on top of hazards.  Strategically, this doesn't make sense.  For example, I play a flat tire on the other team.  They pass several turns waiting for a replacement tire.  My teammate decides to play an empty gas tank hazard on them even though the opposing team is immobolized.  The other team has an extra tank they can play.  Now they get rolling again.  Completely the wrong strategy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, you are right.. first implementation was not a good one.. but i have improved computer's AI and for now they are plays hazard on hazard only on Advance level and not so often (more clever, i hope)

try 1.4 version..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest xswl0931

Any possibility of QVGA support? Don't need to have new graphics, just make the current version scale the spacing between graphics.

• 10 months later...
This is my first game on smartphone - Smart Mille Bornes Game. I hope you'll like it! ;) I like to game MilleBornes on PC, so i decide to do some similar on smartphone.

I used C#, so it works only on WM2003.

If you found any bugs, please post here!

======

New version 1.4

*Add new difficulty level - Advance. Some explanation:

Easy - play with hints.

Normal - play without hints, with no ability to play hazard on hazard.

Advance - play without hints, with ability to play hazard on hazard and with more agressive computer players.

* Some small improvements for computers' AI.

======

Version 1.3

* Computers and you can now play one attack card on another.

* Different bugfixes

======

Version 1.21

* Fixed bug with Coup Fourre and Remedy Roll card.

* Added ability to select action on big-blue-button click (drop or play card) - try to click up/down buttons

======

Version 1.2

* Some bugfixing and improvements, see history.txt for details...

======

So, FINALLY :oops: new version 1.1

View all changes in history.txt

Main change - external localization. In locales_en_fr.zip you`ll find two locale-files *.smbskin for English and Francias. Unzip them into your SmartMilleBornes folder. For now it`s only Russian embedded localization, so to change locale you need to do Ìåíþ->Îïöèè->ßçûê->English for example :D

======

Version 1.01 8)

* Fixed (i hope! :) ) NullReferenceException bug

* Fixed computer strategies

* Fixed small bug with Remedy Roll Card

======

So, finally new release 1.0! :(

added:

* Coup Fourre feature

* Added different players Random Game Strategies - Attacker, Defender, Stranger, Runner.

* Small indicator of move available

fixed:

* fixed bug with empty human hand on his turn

* fixed bug with Remedy Roll card

======

fixed:

* fixed bug with Attack Speed Limit Card

* fixed font size for game-end message

Nice game !Thx

Guest solomonk

Hi!

I'm back again ;)

I've recieved a couple of letters with the question about a QVGA version of SMB.

Good news - it's almost finished and I'm planning to release it in early March. Both 240x320 and 320x240 versions will be available (should work on 240x240 as well).

Stay tuned!

Cheers!

P.S. Let me know please about all outstanding bugs, and I'll fix them..

Edited by solomonk

Guest xswl0931

First, thanks for continued development of this. The QVGA version looks nice in landscape, particularly the cars on the side.

Only issue I've noticed so far is in the menu: Menu->Options->Difficulty-> (I think this was Hard before)

This is with the English language selected.

With the previous version, one of the problems with the AI is playing hazards on top of hazards. What is really frustrating is you play a flat tire on the opponent, now they are stuck, and they go several turns without repairing, suddenly your partner decides to play an empty gas hazard on them which of course they easily remedy. The computer should never play a hazard on the opponent unless they are either going or stopped. If they are stopped (red light), it may make sense to play an additional hazard on top. It doesn't make sense to play a hazard if the opponent already has a flat tire, run out of gas, or had a accident.

Edited by xswl0931

Guest solomonk
First, thanks for continued development of this. The QVGA version looks nice in landscape, particularly the cars on the side.

;) thanks

Only issue I've noticed so far is in the menu: Menu->Options->Difficulty-> (I think this was Hard before)

This is with the English language selected.

will fix it

With the previous version, one of the problems with the AI is playing hazards on top of hazards. What is really frustrating is you play a flat tire on the opponent, now they are stuck, and they go several turns without repairing, suddenly your partner decides to play an empty gas hazard on them which of course they easily remedy. The computer should never play a hazard on the opponent unless they are either going or stopped. If they are stopped (red light), it may make sense to play an additional hazard on top. It doesn't make sense to play a hazard if the opponent already has a flat tire, run out of gas, or had a accident.

true.. after some thinking i've decided that that was a mistake to support hazard-on-hazard play in the first place.. i'm going to eliminate this functionality, because it's not only confusing but also doesn't makes a lot of sense..

for now you might want to play Normal game because only Average supports hazard-on-hazard strategy..

Edited by solomonk

Guest solomonk

Final release 1.01, please look at the first post..

How do Parkers Brothers' cards look? ;)

Edited by solomonk

Guest Hank Clyatt

Solomonk,

I really appreciate all the hard work you have put into creating Smart Mille Bornes. This is a really great game and it is awsome that you are just giving it away to the community. I did however want to let you know about a bug in the QVGA 1.01 version. If you play the 2 player game it will fault at the end of the game. Also good work on the new cards they look great.

Hank

Guest solomonk
I really appreciate all the hard work you have put into creating Smart Mille Bornes. This is a really great game and it is awsome that you are just giving it away to the community. I did however want to let you know about a bug in the QVGA 1.01 version. If you play the 2 player game it will fault at the end of the game. Also good work on the new cards they look great.

cheers, Hank! and i'll try to find and fix the bug..