• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

SPV newbie - couple of Qs

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Mornin all :D

Firstly, I ve read a few posts on here and in the MS newsgroup. I have to say that they are all thoroughly helpful. Got my SPV on the 18th, and apart from it being slow occassionally, I have had no probs with it whatsoever (naive? probably) although I am having difficulty with the following, which I am putting down to my ineptitude, rather than the phone:

MMS messaging - will not send these at all. Why?

Will not send email. Recieves, but no sending (POP3 account on Freeserve - do I have to change my smtp server to orange.net instead of freeserve?????)

I read someone somewhere talking about fitting 4 90 minute movies onto a 256mb SD/MMC card - is this possible??? If so, what format????

Orange updates was knackered - now working fine.

Having probs with ActiveSync especially with regard to email - I want to get email on my PC normally - no prbs, and want to get email on my SPV. I dont want to delete messages from the SPV AND my server - just the phone, although now when I am syncing, and havent deleted email from the phoen, I am getting duplicated mail from the phone and my Outlook inbox. Whats this all about????

When you switch 'radio off' you get no signal at all - I take it that 'radio' means the actual phone signal - I thought it was just GPRS?????

Any suggestions thanks.

CP

Posted

Morning...

I had the "not being able to send" problems when I first got my phone and I had to call up Orange on 156 to get them to activate it, along with GPRS. I ended up getting 4 update SMS messages off them :D

For the email, you do have to have the outgoing SMTP server set smtp.orange.net

I don't use Orange for my email account but the guy (who was very helpful) on 156 said it needs to be set to that anyway. You can have your incoming server set as you would normally.

Dunno about your other questions but there's been a few threads on these boards about what the best (ie, non-jerky) bitrate to convert movies to.

Regards,

Chris