PPCProfiles Pro

Guest bretto

Guest bretto

Hi dinkydong

Thanks for the info. The Broadcom stack is also the Widcomm stack. Broadcom bought out Widcomm. To properly control the bluetooth I need to purchase the expensive development sdk from them. About $1000USD which is more than I can justify for this app. Especially now its free.

BUT...having said that I may be onto something which could be the answer to our little problem.

Could you tell me if you have btpwr.dll on your device. Probably under the Windows directory. (You will have to turn on the view all files option to be able to see dlls)

If I can find out if all devices have this item (your device will do just fine for now though) then I think I will be able to support Widcomm at last.

If you have it I could put together a little test app for you to try out. It will have 3 buttons, On, Off, Discoverable. If all 3 work then we are in business and I can add the functionality to the profile manager.

Guest dinkydong

$1000USD for the SDK is expensive! Even if you are going to charge for this app, how many apps would you have to market to recover the cost??? Don't sweat it, I can live w/o the BT control, thanks!

I've looked through my entire device, didnt find btpwr.dll anywhere (i've turned on show all files option in Resco) :?:

Ok Bretto, now for the update on beta5 as a plug-in on my HP6365. One word sums it all : NIGHTMARE. :exclaim: PPCProfiles Pro is installed in my Storage card,since beta 3. This was what happened:

Got into setup, changed from tray app to today plug-in. Returned back to today screen with no problems. Proceeded to soft reset device. Device could not boot up normally. Even the GSM phone app was not running (GSM light was amber). Tried again, same thing. Since I had Mcube's Safemode installed, upon 3rd soft reset, proceeded to activate safemode. Next shock, could not even get into safemode screen!!! Tried again, same thing.

Believing that I had to hard reset to restore the set, I proceeded to perform a hard reset and restored from a known good working backup. Right after the backup was completed, when i attempted to view the backup report, my device froze. Couldnt do anything. Nevermind, I went ahead and performed a soft reset.

Guess what??! The device couldnt reboot again!!! I'm exactly in the same situation as before the hard reset. Totally dumbfounded :??: I suspected that something in the registry was still trying to bootup PPCProfiles. I removed my storage card and performed another soft reset. Phew! Finally managed to get into safe mode. Got in, uninstalled PPCProfiles Pro and reboot again to complete restoring the device.

If the app was not installed in the storage card, I might have been in a deep fix :oops: Anyhow, its running fine again as a tray app. Think I'll stick with that for the time being :) Any idea what caused this?

Edited by dinkydong

Hi Bretto,

did you get a chance to see a program called "Call Assistant" or similar? Ie. the one which will send an SMS when you do not pick up the phone. I use it for a while and this brings me an idea to add another feature to your app: run a program when you change the profile. So for example when I switch to Silent, PPCProfiles will automatically start Call Assistant to reply to all callers.

What do you think?

Guest scottb
I used to see that from time to time when I tap and hold the tray icon to run the setup. Havent seen it for a while though. Havent pinned down what causes it either.

[snip...]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, then I guess you don't need a screen shot. One thing I have noticed is if I tap the tray icon first thing after a soft reset, the black lines will appear. If I run a few other applications first, they tend to not appear.

Guest scottb
I have noticed that sometimes when I click on the "P" icon, to bring up the settings dialog, it does not appear.  If I go into the task manager and close something - like Contacts, or Calendar - the settings dialog will then appear.  It doesn't seem to be any one application in particular that stops it--it seems arbitrary.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bretto,

Remember this? I have a little more information that might be of help (or maybe not :| ). It seems to be fairly consistent with the Contacts application. If Contacts is open, I can tap the "P" from the today screen, or the tray icon, five times and nothing appears to happen. If I go into Memory and close the Contacts application, I see five occurances of PPCProfiles appear in memory and PPCPRofiles will appear on screen. I hope this helps.

Hi Bretto,

did you get a chance to see a program called "Call Assistant" or similar? Ie. the one which will send an SMS when you do not pick up the phone. I use it for a while and this brings me an idea to add another feature to your app: run a program when you change the profile. So for example when I switch to Silent, PPCProfiles will automatically start Call Assistant to reply to all callers.

What do you think?

Hi Bretto,

What do you think?

Guest bretto
If the app was not installed in the storage card, I might have been in a deep fix  :oops:  Anyhow, its running fine again as a tray app. Think I'll stick with that for the time being  :)  Any idea what caused this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nightmare sums it up alright!

The only thing I can think of is that it may have something to do with the app being installed on the storage card. MS do not recommend installing today plugins on the storage card. There is also a time lag when you boot up before the storage card is enabled which I think contributes a lot.

Guest bretto

What do you think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi aeror.

I did check out Call Assistance but only to read up on it. Sounds like a useful tool.

The run program feature sounds like a good idea. Thanks

Guest bretto
Bretto,

Remember this?  I have a little more information that might be of help (or maybe not :| ).  It seems to be fairly consistent with the Contacts application.  If Contacts is open, I can tap the "P" from the today screen, or the tray icon, five times and nothing appears to happen.  If I go into Memory and close the Contacts application, I see five occurances of PPCProfiles appear in memory and PPCPRofiles will appear on screen.  I hope this helps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ill check this out more and let you know what I find. Thanks for the info.

Guest bretto
I am seeing something strange though.  When I tap the icon in the tray, two horizontal black lines appear across the title bar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Ive fixed this one scottb. Will be available in beta6 unless you need it sooner.

Guest scottb
I think Ive fixed this one scottb. Will be available in beta6 unless you need it sooner.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great! Those lines drove me crazy! :shock: I'll take it as soon as it's ready. Thanks.

Guest o2xphone
Now that's what I call a fast response! Thanks! :)

The device is a T-Mobile branded MDA Compact:

ROM Version:  1.01.00 WWE

ROM Date:      21/10/04

Radio Version: 1.00.10

Protocol Version:  1337.36

ExtROM Version: 1.01.128 WWE

Install on the device at the time were:

Spb Pocket Plus

Spb Weather

Spb GPRS Monitor

Microsoft Reader

Microsoft Voice Command

Bejewelled

Crazy Bubbles

Slurp!

Using the Spb Tech Ext today screen.

GPRS, Bluetooth & Beam were disabled...

Hope this helps!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

It's been a long time that i'm looing for t-mobile 1.01 WWE ROM...

would you back up your rom if you know that procedure or if you have this ROM's exe file post it for me to my email?

Guest scottb

Hi Bretto,

Is it possible to have the speaker icon in the title bar correspond to the current setting? For example, if I choose "vibrate" from the title bar, the icon changes to a vibrate icon. If I choose "silent" from the title bar icon, it changes to a speaker with an X. When I select profiles using ProfilesPro, the icon always stays as a speaker.

Thanks.

Guest scottb
Bretto,

Remember this?  I have a little more information that might be of help (or maybe not :| ).  It seems to be fairly consistent with the Contacts application.  If Contacts is open, I can tap the "P" from the today screen, or the tray icon, five times and nothing appears to happen.  If I go into Memory and close the Contacts application, I see five occurances of PPCProfiles appear in memory and PPCPRofiles will appear on screen.  I hope this helps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Calendar application seems to be involved too. It wasn't too bad when it only affected the "P" icon, because I didn't go into Settings all that much. It does have a more pronounced effect if you use the tray selection method, which I'v been using--free of black lines! :)

Guest bretto
Hi,

It's been a long time that i'm looing for t-mobile 1.01 WWE ROM...

would you back up your rom if you know that procedure or if you have this ROM's exe file post it for me to my email?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although this has nothing to do with the topic Ill point you in the right direction.

Check out xda-developers for the various ROMs.

You will have to sign up, log in to get to their ftpo site but when you do its all there.

Guest bretto
The Calendar application seems to be involved too.  It wasn't too bad when it only affected the "P" icon, because I didn't go into Settings all that much.  It does have a more pronounced effect if you use the tray selection method, which I'v been using--free of black lines! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im not really sure how to rectify this as all I do from both the plugin and tray modes is to run another program. The design has been done this way to keep the tray and today plugin as small as possible.

Its all up to windows to run the apps when you click on screen.

I could run the busy icon and make the today and tray wait until you have finished with the spawned program. At least that way you wouldnt be able to load up multiple instances of them.

If anyone knows of a better way sing out.

Guest bretto

Hi all

Ive decided that I will only make a few more minor changes to the system for the next beta which I hope will become our next release.

New languages will be added if supplied before the release date otherwise they will be added as an update to the release.

Currently we have the following languages.

English - default

German - With many thanks to justme611

Swedish - With many thanks to bamsemodaco.

Italian - With many thanks to Carrozza.

Whats in...

- Bold text for active profile in all selection modes for today plugin.

- Add duration to notification items that can use the option.

- Change the icons for the application and autosync to bitmaps

- Add an option to allow a click or beep when a new profile is selected.

- Added option to use single click selection or not in popup.

- Add ability to use hardware keys in today plugin.

- A couple of minor "known issue" fixes.

Whats not in...

Everything else.

The other stuff that people want will be incorporated into the addon plugin. This is to enable the application to stay small and pretty much be a phone profile manager which is what its designed to be. The addon plugin will just enhance the system for those who want more.

Please let me know if you have noticed any faults so I can also get the fixes in before the next beta.

Thanks

Edited by bretto

Guest bretto
Is it possible to have the speaker icon in the title bar correspond to the current setting?  For example, if I choose "vibrate" from the title bar, the icon changes to a vibrate icon.  If I choose "silent" from the title bar icon, it changes to a speaker with an X.  When I select profiles using ProfilesPro, the icon always stays as a speaker.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still havent found out if this can be done. I would love to be able to.

Someone might correct me if Im wrong but I get the feeling that this might be done by the application which resides in the title bar when it is used rahter than it reflecting the system.

Guest Gonzo T Durden
I still havent found out if this can be done. I would love to be able to.

Someone might correct me if Im wrong but I get the feeling that this might be done by the application which resides in the title bar when it is used rahter than it reflecting the system.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And maybe this is the application which "blocks" the registry when trying to access the ppcpc-setup. but why this only happens after some time....

After enabling/disabling Flightmode it works again (for one time).

(As posted here)

As posted above there may be some more apps causing this symptom (calender). Maybe a Windows Mobile bug.... But why aren't other programs affected (like Pocket Plus, ... - maybe they use different registry hives...)

Any ideas?

Regarding the new Beta Version:

"- Change the icons for the application and autosync to bitmaps"

Does this mean that the profiles can be selectes using the navigation keys? Because the popup is no longer of use when assigned to key and navigation is done using keys.

Regards

Gonzo

Guest bretto
And maybe this is the application which "blocks" the registry when trying to access the ppcpc-setup. but why this only happens after some time....

After enabling/disabling Flightmode it works again (for one time).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think these apps might be a coincidence but I plan to get to the bottom of it this weekend.

Regarding the new Beta Version:

"- Change the icons for the application and autosync to bitmaps"

Does this mean that the profiles can be selected using the navigation keys? Because the popup is no longer of use when assigned to key and navigation is done using keys.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The pictures on either side of the today plugin are icons and are static. What I am going to do is change them to be bitmaps so in the future the entire plugin can be skinned rather than just the profile buttons.

Ive edited the list of things included to incorporate the single click selection as an option and to add the nav key functionality to the plugin.

Guest bretto

Hi Guys

I just fnished incorporating the nav keys into the today plugin. I have to say that Im already finding them very useful especially since I now have a krussell classic case for the jam.

post-40928-1125178838_thumb.jpg

Heres how they work.

Use the up/down keys to get into the plugin.

Use the left/right keys to select the profiles or the setup and autosync items.

Use the action key to select the item.

A rectangle is displayed around the current item to let you know where you are. Works on all selection modes.

Also the popup selection has the option to single click select or to select and OK. Beeps too when a profile is selected.

Anyone found any nasty bugs in beta5 that havent been mentioned? I would like to get everything tidied up asap.

Edited by bretto

Guest bretto
Seems to be having some issues with this new beta 4 on my HP6365 which was not apparent using the previous beta. With the pda in standby mode, when a new sms comes in, the screen lights up showing the password entry screen (i've activated the system 4-digit password protection) and freezes thereafter. Can't enter my password, can't get to my today screen, had to soft-reset. Now, if the system is not in standby mode, when a sms comes in, its highlighted on my today screen running pocket breeze 4.16. However, when i try to tap on the new sms alert shown by pocket breeze, the inbox application refuses to open. If I tap on the new sms notification icon on the top bar, inbox opens up fine. One more thing i noticed (which I'm not certain if this is due to the latest beta), if I set an Alarm Note in Pocket Informant with the alarm set to come on at a certain time, the screen only lights up at the pre-designated time, without the alarm ringing nor the note popping up. I'm reverting back to the previous beta to see if the above issues still crops up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi dinkydong

I think I may have found a fix for your lockups. Well at least after a soft reset.

I found that there is an incompatability issue with wm2003 and wm2003se when spawning other programs in a certain way from the today plugin. Only when the plugin starts up from a soft reset on my wm2003 device.

It showed up on my wm2003 device and not on my wm2003se device. I believe I have fixed it for V3.00a (beta6) (fingers crossed for your HP)