PPCProfiles Pro

Guest bretto

Understandably, it can be hard to find time to work on something for others for free.  You created a great application for our use and I, and I'm sure many others, appreciate it.  Hopefully someone can pick it up and take it further.  Thanks again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks scottb ;)

I'll still keep picking away at it. I think this type of app needs to be freely available and will make sure that it is.

But my time is getting eaten up at the moment and Im sure many enhancements will come from releasing the source code. :D

thanks for this excellent software, just one thing that's bugging me, when I'm on silent mode and set the new text msg to vibrate and untick play sound it does not vibrate, I'm using jasjar wm5, ppcprofiles ver3.00a build 1.02...pls help thanks

thanks for this excellent software, just one thing that's bugging me, when I'm on silent mode and set the new text msg to vibrate and untick play sound it does not vibrate, I'm using jasjar wm5, ppcprofiles ver3.00a build 1.02...pls help thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've figured it out! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
They should buy yours. Better than anything they can come up with, straight from a user! Go on, propose it to them  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stop it bennish you'll make me blush :D

You know I did offer it to a couple of telcos at one stage but they either didnt get back to me or were not interested. The only reason I offered it to them was so they could have the source code to make it 100% compatable with the device they were releasing it one. Didnt even get to discuss money or deals.

After offering the source code rights to them one telco (and I wont mention optus) didnt understand what I was offering. They told me that they only buy from large companies and I should consider using handango to sell the app.

Anyway now everyone has access to the app and the source code ;) which is the way it should be really.

PS: I hope one of the guys who have grabbed the source code tidy it up and add something really cool for us to play with...

just developed a front end to be used with Wisebar Advance Desktop.

For those that have checked out WAD you will know that you can use your PPC like a normal PC with respect to having programs run from and icon on your desktop intead of just having today plugins or wading thru menus.

Basically you can have as many icons on your desktop to switch to whatever profile you like or simply popup the selection dialog.

Will release it when I have fully tested it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FrankyG

Soooo.....I've just tried to install the latest version on my Orange M5000 (WM5) but nothing seems to happen. I get a confirmation that it has installed ok, but nothing appears on the today screen, neither is there anything to configure in the Today screen setup.?!

Should it install on a WM5 device (main memory or storage card?), or do I need to hard reset or change the registry? I'm familiar with WM2003, but this is my first PPC so don't assume anything about my knowledge of this device!

Thanks for any pointers.

Guest ChrisSpera
Soooo.....I've just tried to install the latest version on my Orange M5000 (WM5) but nothing seems to happen. I get a confirmation that it has installed ok, but nothing appears on the today screen, neither is there anything to configure in the Today screen setup.?!

Should it install on a WM5 device (main memory or storage card?), or do I need to hard reset or change the registry? I'm familiar with WM2003, but this is my first PPC so don't assume anything about my knowledge of this device!

Thanks for any pointers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've got it installed on my K-JAM, and I didn't do anything special to get it to install. Just ran the install, and POOF! There it was. You might want to soft reset and see if that brings it up.

Guest FrankyG
I've got it installed on my K-JAM, and I didn't do anything special to get it to install.  Just ran the install, and POOF!  There it was.  You might want to soft reset and see if that brings it up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Na, soft reset didn't work. ALso tried installing to SD card and to main memory...no joy either way.

Na, soft reset didn't work. ALso tried installing to SD card and to main memory...no joy either way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi FrankyG

A couple of things to check out.

1. is the plugin selected (checked) in the today setup program.

2. make sure you dont have too many plugins installed. Even though they are not selected to be on the todayscreen if you have too many installed you get unexpected results. An MS limitation apparently.

3. maybe try unchecking everything except PPCProfiles-Pro and see if it appears. Then add your others one at a time and see if you can find a conflict.

EDIT: MS recommend installing today plugins on the device and not the SD card.

Edited by bretto

Guest FrankyG
Hi FrankyG

A couple of things to check out.

1. is the plugin selected (checked) in the today setup program.

2. make sure you dont have too many plugins installed. Even though they are not selected to be on the todayscreen if you have too many installed you get unexpected results. An MS limitation apparently.

3. maybe try unchecking everything except PPCProfiles-Pro and see if it appears. Then add your others one at a time and see if you can find a conflict.

EDIT: MS recommend installing today plugins on the device and not the SD card.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, I can't select it because it isn't listed.

The device is virtually brand new, so I don't have any plugins installed yet. The Theme in use is the windows default, the items which I can select from are Date, Owner Info, Messaging, Tasksplus, Tasks, Calendar, PocketMSN, Orange. (I guess the Tasksplus is the only plugin I have installed :roll:

I'll try reinstalling to main memory again and see how it goes....

Should I soft reset after installing?

Cheers,

FrankyG

EDIT: Tried to install, got the message "Brett Darnell PPCprofilesPro" Cannot be installed. Suggests I try to install to another location.

Edited by FrankyG

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ChrisSpera

Sounds like something else is interfearing with the installation of the software. I hard reset my device 5 times yesterday and was able to get it to install successfully each time. There must be something on your device that is preventing it from installing.

Do you have any other software installed besides PPCProfiles Pro?

• 1 month later...
Guest cthulhu

I know it's a while back now, but I had the same problem as FrankyG, but on my MDA Vario...

I installed PPCProfiles Pro to the storage card and all seemed to go ok, but on soft reset nothing would appear on the today screen unless I manually started PPCProfilesTray.exe

On further investigation, the PPCProfilesTray.lnk shortcut in the Startup folder was pointing to a path that had four backslashes in, '\\\\' instead of one '\'. One quick change later and the problem was solved.

Great App BTW.

C

8)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of questions (I've not used PPCProfiles for a while, so excuse me). I've just installed this on my new Vario (upgraded from the M500) and I thought I'd be able to configure it so that my ringtones would loop correctly (ie with no gap between repeates). I can't...

The other question is: can I use PPCProfiles to reduce the length of time the phone vibrates for when set to vibrate?

Cheers ;)

@dan13l,

I don't believe you can do either of those things with PPCProfiles Pro.  I do know that Tweaks2k2.net can eliminate the time between rings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

correct. I never got around to adding the option to create your own ringer settings script. you can do it in the registry. do a search on ringer script settings and you will find everything you need to know to do it using a registry editor.

Guest Fittske
Hi Tony

There is something funny happening on that platform. The registry seems as though its locked.

Im going to write you a little program that cleans up the ppcprofiles settings so you can reinstall.

Let me know if thats suitable

Cheers

Bretto

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Bretto,

I have installed this app on my PPC-6700 (WM5) device and it has appered to have locked my registry. I cannot change any ringtone settings unless PPCProfiles is installed on the device. If I delete the app the regtone settings on the device are unchangeable. The only way to correct this is to hard reset.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Fittske

The Sync button will turn on a feature that uses your calendar to change to a specific profile when your calendar is "busy".

I can send you the latest version if you like.

Edited by scottb

Is there any way of setting the reminder / new message notification volumes separately to the system volume? I'd like to have quiet notifications but still keep the system volume high. It's so easy to do on my C500!

Guest cthulhu

Using PPCProfiles Pro on a Wizard.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but within the Advanced setup, none of the selection modes will work except Tray Select, and then the resulting tray icon will occasionally disappear without trace, and I'll be unable to bring up the pop-up again :cry:

I don't know if this is a WM5 conflict, but I'd love a fix cos this is a killer app IMHO.

8)

C

Guest JeremyT

I have a PPC 6700 running WM 5.0, and have installed the latest version of PPCProfilesPro which is a very nice app. However the auto sync mode works on meetings which have been scheduled very recently, but not on one which has been on my outlook calendar for a while. If I create a new meeting then it switches fine, which makes it hard to test. Any suggestions?

Jeremy