PPCProfiles Pro

Guest bretto

Guest cthulhu
Using PPCProfiles Pro on a Wizard.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but within the Advanced setup, none of the selection modes will work except Tray Select, and then the resulting tray icon will occasionally disappear without trace, and I'll be unable to bring up the pop-up again  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I must have been using an earlier or corrupted version, cos I downloaded again, removed & reinstalled and all my probs have gone away...

Brilliant!!

8)

C

Guest mkent_barbados
Is there any way of setting the reminder / new message notification volumes separately to the system volume?  I'd like to have quiet notifications but still keep the system volume high.  It's so easy to do on my C500!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I want the opposite, a quiet phone but then LOUD alarms (that's what alarms are for after all... :shock: ) Thanks in advance...

Is there any way of setting the reminder / new message notification volumes separately to the system volume?  I'd like to have quiet notifications but still keep the system volume high.  It's so easy to do on my C500!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as I know there are only the three volumes so unless you use something that intercepts the notification then sets the volume your stuck with whatever the system volume is set to.

PPCProfiles only set the registry value for the system volume which inturn the notification application uses.

I must have been using an earlier or corrupted version, cos I downloaded again, removed & reinstalled and all my probs have gone away...

Brilliant!!

8)

C

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

glad to hear it :)

I have a PPC 6700 running WM 5.0, and have installed the latest version of PPCProfilesPro which is a very nice app.  However the auto sync mode works on meetings which have been scheduled very recently, but not on one which has been on my outlook calendar for a while.  If I create a new meeting then it switches fine, which makes it hard to test.  Any suggestions?

Jeremy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure whats going on there.

All that happens when your in auto sync mode is that at certain intervals ppcprofiles checks to see if outlook has an appointment starting on or before the current time. if so then is the end of the appointment after the current time. if so then it switches to the auto profile. if not then it finds the next appoinment and passes the start and end times to the operating system as a notification to run the helper app to switch profile at those times. Pretty simple logic really but it is as the mercy of windows to run at the correct time.

Guest martynstar

I too cannot install the latest version of PPCProfiles pro, i took the option of installing the previous version and this worked, something wrong with the current version and windows mobile 5??

Exactly same error as frankyG says its installed, then asks for another location as it wont install it! tried soft reset, installing to storage and phone, and no luck!

Just funny how the previous version worked!!

Another question, how do you get the wicked skin for it? is that the newest version? where the selection of profiles are radio button and lets you quick switch??

Thanks

Martyn

Hi, I can't select it because it isn't listed.

The device is virtually brand new, so I don't have any plugins installed yet. The Theme in use is the windows default, the items which I can select from are Date, Owner Info, Messaging, Tasksplus, Tasks, Calendar, PocketMSN, Orange. (I guess the Tasksplus is the only plugin I have installed :roll:

I'll try reinstalling to main memory again and see how it goes....

Should I soft reset after installing?

Cheers,

FrankyG

EDIT: Tried to install, got the message "Brett Darnell PPCprofilesPro" Cannot be installed. Suggests I try to install to another location.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest martynstar

Yet another little question!!

I have found the registry setting called mute

This switches off the sounds both phone and system, instead of just putting them at volume=0, this way i know without looking that i am safe and silent!!

Is there any way off implementing this in ppcprofiles pro? I have another piece of software i found that uses profiles and just adding a registry setting in that one called mute with dec value of 7, seems to mute everything, but your program uses scripts to run the values!

This would be a fantastic addition, as at the minute i know they are at 0 volume setting but would prefer the mute as it sets both of them and minimises additional need for keys!

Martyn

• 5 weeks later...
Guest OffBeatMammal
great app,could you add the option of turning on/of wifi that would make it ever better

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree - this is a great app. works fine on my WM5 i-mate K-Jam

Only suggestion/comment/feedback:

- Support WiFi on and off

- Support change of profile based on SSID (for instance if I leave the home SSID for more than 15 mins switch to "work"

- Support cell location for changing profiles (like PocketMax paAlarm does)... picks up the cellid/location name from the GSM network and can take an action based on it (ie detect if I'm at home, work, the mall etc)

- Support a key sequence to change profile... for instance intercept the tap on the power button and offer the normal action of a list of profiles, or work with SmartsKey to let it be the long press on the right-hand soft-button

- Find a way to let it start up from a reboot when running on the miniSD card (and make sure it puts its shortcut into the startup folder

- Allow Chronos alarms to be heard even in Soft mode (seemed to stop it waking the device up to notify me)... Chronos has a mode where it can (apparently) ignore the system settings but PPCPP seems to overpower it on occasion;)

- Text (profile name) rather than the p1/2/3... icon ... I'm sure I've seen reference to it here, but can't work out how to make it appear!

despite my random braindump... I think this is an awesome app!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidgelb

Bretto,

FABULOUS APP!!! I just learned about PPCProfiles and love it!

I have a question and a suggestion...

Question: Is there any way to remove the "PPCProfiles-Pro has been installed and is now available on your today screen" confirmation popup? I have added your app to my ExtRom and this box causes the hard reset to stop at this point as I cannot clear the box. If there was a way to remove this popup, it would be great because then I can have it automatically reinstall upon hard reset.

For my suggestion, is it possible to add, as an option in the profile setup, an option that allows the user to toggle the LEDs (in my case, bluetooth and service/notification LEDs)? This way, for instance, when you go into a movie theatre and set the phone to silent, you can also have it turn off the flashing LEDs as to not bother the other people sitting around you?

Thanks for the help and I look forward to using this product!

-David

Guest bretto

hi davidgelb

Thanks for that. At the moment the popup is hardwired to the setup program. It is possible to change it but unfortunately at the moment I cannot get to a development platform. As soon as I can I will look at it for you.

The leds are able to be controlled but I have found that the code to do so causes problems with some earlier iPaqs. For this reason I have taken out led control for now. Possibly I will be able to make a separate version for new models and older ones.

Over the next month or so Im hoping to free up some time to update PPCProfiles-Pro so everyone can get more features and more compatability with wm2005.

Guest davidgelb

Hey Bretto,

Thanks for the quick response! I would love to be able to install this prog through my ExtRom .... please let me know when you are able to pull that popup out so I can try to have it install through my ROM. That would really complete my setup!! :-)

And yes, I do remember hearing something on another forum regarding the LED disable issue on the iPaqs. After writing my last post, I did actually go to a movie and had to hide my phone as the LEDs were bothering the person I was with....if possible down the road, I would love that capability.

Thanks again for the help and for the wonderful app!! Have a great weekend!!!

-David

Guest jpalmer99

I'm seeing the same issue as Addict posted a few posts above. On my re-occuring meetings (ones that were there before I installed ppcprofiles) it does not go into silent mode automatically. However if I create a new meeting then it seems to work just fine. Running WM5 on a HTC Wizard (T-Mo MDA).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidgelb

Hey Bretto,

I am noticing a major compatibility issue...I just updated the ROM on my PPC6700 and now, when I install PPCProfile Pro, and go into the ringer selection drop down, it now shows 2 of each ringer. Then, if I go into settings and ringer options and try to play any of the ringers, they all pop up a message saying that the ringer is corrupt.

Have you heard any other instances of this? Mine is a Sprint PPC-6700 running the newly released ROM update.

If you have any ideas, please let me know...I would really like to be able to use this app.

Thanks!

-David

Guest Sogarth
I am noticing a major compatibility issue...I just updated the ROM on my PPC6700 and now, when I install PPCProfile Pro, and go into the ringer selection drop down, it now shows 2 of each ringer. Then, if I go into settings and ringer options and try to play any of the ringers, they all pop up a message saying that the ringer is corrupt.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I don't recall whether or not it claimed that the ringtone was corrupt, but I did notice a couple of odd things about PPCProfile Pro:

• The "default" location that PPCProfiles Pro has for WM5 is incorrect. PPCProfiles Pro claims that "\Windows\Rings" is the default location, while WM5 thinks that the registry entry should be "\Windows" (I don't know why they're different). You might want to take a look at this particular entry for your problem - you might need to pick "Custom" from the dropdown, then put in "\Windows" by hand.
  • When PPCProfiles Pro lists ringtones, it doesn't search all of the directories that WM5 does. PPCProfiles Pro only searches a single directory (which you specify), while WM5 looks in: \Windows\Rings, \Storage Card, and \Storage Card\My Documents (I don't know if it looks in more places than that).

The latter point there makes it so that if you want contact-specific ringtones, things get really, really messy (since you need to change the directory that PPCProfiles Pro searches back and forth), and even then it didn't work reliably. Which is why I uninstalled it.

All in all, it works just fine as long as you don't want/need per-contact custom ringtones in WM5. If you do... I wish you luck.

Guest bretto

PPCProfiles-Pro is designed for wm2003se. Any changes MS have made from the default of wm2003se to wm2005 wil not be reflected in the software.

If your looking for a brilliant program for wm2005 you might like to check out phoneAlarm from pocketMax. It is much much more comprehensive than PPCProfiles-Pro...but then it isnt free either.

I just dont know when I will get time to update this app. At the moment I have so many committments and two trashed development systems standing in my way. When I do Ill let you know. There is always the full source code available on this site for anyone who is interested.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest bretto
Thanks Bretto for this great app. Is there already a 2006 upgrade?

Hi there

Just looking into this now. I have a lot of feedback to go thru and still not enough time but I hope to get something out in a while. wm2005 is a different animal to wm2003(se) so everyone needs to be prepared for some product testing before going live with this sort of app.

Guest ChrisSpera
Hi there

Just looking into this now. I have a lot of feedback to go thru and still not enough time but I hope to get something out in a while. wm2005 is a different animal to wm2003(se) so everyone needs to be prepared for some product testing before going live with this sort of app.

If you need testing, just let me know. I've been using this for a while now, even on my K-JAM, and its great!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ninodelsol

Bretto -- great app Thanks for all your work (this is functioning just fine on my WM5 device).

Are repeating notifications on your development list?

All the current features are great and repeating notifications would make this just about perfect for me -- I would gladly donate.

Thanks!

Guest tomste

Hello,

there are 2 Features witch would be great for the next version of PPC Profile Pro!

1. Show the missed calls in a textline and

2. Show the Signalstrengh and provider connected to.

Thanks,

Tom

Guest Homer-S

Hello to all,

I have to apologize for my bad english. I just installed this great tool and maybe I've found a bug?! I havent searched the topics because I am not quite sure how to define the search words to get a proper result.

Now back to my bug:

when adjusting the more -> settings -> notification page

on the bottom tool line are two arrow buttons. One to the left the other to the right. I guess these buttons are for navigating through profiles (silent to normal etc) but it do not work.

it changes the pulldown list topics.

Is it a bug? Or maxbe it is a hint.

Thanks

Guest bretto
when adjusting the more -> settings -> notification page

on the bottom tool line are two arrow buttons. One to the left the other to the right. I guess these buttons are for navigating through profiles (silent to normal etc) but it do not work.

it changes the pulldown list topics.

Hi Homer-S

These buttons save and move to the next/previous notification type and not the next profile. Just a bit easier than going back to the drop down list but of course you still can use the drop down list.

Guest bretto
If you need testing, just let me know. I've been using this for a while now, even on my K-JAM, and its great!!

Hi Chris

Thanks your testing efforts would be appreciated