PPCProfiles Pro

Guest bretto

Guest RiceBurner
Hi HBHaug

Great idea to be able to backup and restore the options. I'll put that in the next version also.

Im looking into the best way to allow more than 5 profiles. When I nut it out I'll let you know.

Thanks for the feedback Im glad you like the application.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any news on the up to date/Widcomm Bluetooth stack??

Guest bretto
Any news on the up to date/Widcomm Bluetooth stack??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi RiceBurner

Still not incorporated yet sorry. I'll poke Broadcom with a stick again and see if I cant get them to come to the party.

Guest RiceBurner
Hi RiceBurner

Still not incorporated yet sorry. I'll poke Broadcom with a stick again and see if I cant get them to come to the party.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers Brett - it looks like a damned useful tool, pity I use bluetooth really.....

Guest bronksy

also..i've notice that when setting individual notifications ..

it doesn't seem to let you select certain combinations of play sound, flash light, vibrate and display message. It seems that if you select 'play sound' and flash light/vibrate it won't save these settings unless you have 'display message on screen'

also, i assume this is the display message of the contents of the text message, and not the 'mesage sent' icon.

Great app though! really well done!

Guest bretto
also..i've notice that when setting individual notifications ..

it doesn't seem to let you select certain combinations of play sound, flash light, vibrate and display message. It seems that if you select 'play sound' and flash light/vibrate it won't save these settings unless you have 'display message on screen'

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks bronsky great pickup.

also, i assume this is the display message of the contents of the text message, and not the 'mesage sent' icon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The display option is simply a trigger to tell the system to display whatever it normally displays on receipt of the notification.

I will post a new version in the next few days that will contian fixes to the items mentioned over the past couple of weeks plus a couple ive found also.

Guest bretto

Hi All

At this point and with so many people using the software Im very happy with the small amount of bugs found and the excellent feedback about the app including the enhancements requested.

A new version with the enhancements is scheduled for the end of June but if time permits I'll try to get it out earlier.

Thanks everyone.

Guest yves

well, kinda the Auto-mode does not work. neither with d or c release.

I made an appointment staring in about 5 minutes, with status busy. I switched to normal mode, then to auto mode and it sais auto (normal settings)

if i call my phone, it rings as it should. BUT when the appointment is going on, the status does not change at all and when I call, it still behaves like in normal mode.

oh, and another minor bug: when the device is on sound-off but vibrating, the system´s loudspeakericon does not change into the vibration-icon.

otherwise great application, really 8)

Guest bretto
'Cannot find 'PPCProfilesTray'... ' That is what I get when I do a reset. Any ideas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you select to use the tray selection mode the options program creates a shortcut in \windows\StartUp. This shortcut point to PPCProfilesTray.exe in the currently installed directory.

When you choose to use a different selection mode the shortcut is deleted.

Is it possible you reinstalled to a different directory?

I think I need to make sure the shortcut is deleted when removing the application also.

Guest bretto

I made an appointment staring in about 5 minutes, with status busy. I switched to normal mode, then to auto mode and it sais auto (normal settings)

if i call my phone, it rings as it should. BUT when the appointment is going on, the status does not change at all and when I call, it still behaves like in normal mode.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It should be working but Ill have a look and see if I can find any scenarios where this might occur.

Does the icon change to the outlook one? It could take up to 15 seconds to switch modes as it only does a sync every 15 seconds.

oh, and another minor bug: when the device is on sound-off but vibrating, the system´s loudspeakericon does not change into the vibration-icon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This isnt something I have incorporated. I need to look into whether I can control that or if it is something that the sound control program does itself. PPCProfiles-Pro just sets up the registry as per the desired settings.

Thanks for the feedback.

Guest skoka123

Location based Profile switching:

Is it possible to have a location based profile switching? Here's how I see it work.

At any given location list all the cell towers that are visible. The user can select a few of them (say 5) and assign it a location name - say office. Basically the user can create any number of the locations like Office, Home etc. Each of these locations can choose a profile.

When at a particular location the profile should automatically get switched.

The software can identify the current location by polling the list of cell towers. If atleast 60% of the cells are identified then the profile should be switched.

I remember coming across a similar software for the Sony Ericsson P900 phones on the web. The ad for the software went something like this:

"Let your phone wake you up when your train (New York metro) reaches destination!!!"

Any chance of this being implemented in the near future?

Thanks.

Srikanth Koka

Guest bolasz

I just faced this problem today. For me auto mode does work when I'm in text button, icon button or tray select mode (the icon also changes to outlook) but doesn't work when I'm in popup select mode. If the profile before ayto was lets say normal then the today plugin displays 'Auto (normal settings)' (oh, and also the bottom of the letter 'g' in 'settings' is cut off for some reason), the icon doesn't change to outlook and phone behaves according to that.

Another interesting thing is that in both popup select and tray select mode when you are in auto mode and open the application in the title of the window after 'Auto' in bracets I have the name of the profile that I selected two back before auto. Ehmm... does it make sence that I'm typing here? :?:

So lets say was on 'Home' then I switch to 'Normal' then to 'Auto'. The today plugin says 'Auto (Normal settings)' the title of the popup window says 'Auto (Home settings)'. The same happens in tray select mode, obviously without the today-plugin-bit.

PS: Modaco used to have spell checking, doesn't it? Can't find it... :shock:

Guest bolasz
Hi,

PPC Profile appears twice on the today screen. Any idea why and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Srikanth Koka

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Probably you are using an older version, in the newest one this has been fixed.

Guest skoka123
Probably you are using an older version, in the newest one this has been fixed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. The beta version seems to have fixed the problem.

Guest bolasz
Hi,

Are you able to open the site? I am getting a connection refused error in Firefox and page cannot be displayed in IE.

Thanks.

Srikanth Koka

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, same here, happens every now and then with xdadev. Usualy doesn't take long till they are back.

Guest skoka123
Thanks. The beta version seems to have fixed the problem.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oops!!! Seems to have spoken too soon.

After a soft reset the today screen displays the profile twice.

Guest bretto
I just faced this problem today. For me auto mode does work when I'm in text button, icon button or tray select mode (the icon also changes to outlook) but doesn't work when I'm in popup select mode. If the profile before ayto was lets say normal then the today plugin displays 'Auto (normal settings)' (oh, and also the bottom of the letter 'g' in 'settings' is cut off for some reason), the icon doesn't change to outlook and phone behaves according to that.

Another interesting thing is that in both popup select and tray select mode when you are in auto mode and open the application  in the title of the window after 'Auto' in bracets I have the name of the profile that I selected two back before auto. Ehmm... does it make sence that I'm typing here?  :?:

So lets say was on 'Home' then I switch to 'Normal' then to 'Auto'. The today plugin says 'Auto (Normal settings)' the title of the popup window says 'Auto (Home settings)'. The same happens in tray select mode, obviously without the today-plugin-bit.

PS: Modaco used to have spell checking, doesn't it? Can't find it... :shock:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did I speak too soon about the small amount of faults reported ;) Still checking this out so I'll hopefully reproduce the fault and get a fix up there soon.

Just a thought, have you guys got a lot of appointments in your outlook? Are you triggering on busy or on multiple triggers?

Guest bretto
Location based Profile switching:

Is it possible to have a location based profile switching? Here's how I see it work.

At any given location list all the cell towers that are visible. The user can select a few of them (say 5) and assign it a location name - say office. Basically the user can create any number of the locations like Office, Home etc. Each of these locations can choose a profile.

When at a particular location the profile should automatically get switched.

The software can identify the current location by polling the list of cell towers. If atleast 60% of the cells are identified then the profile should be switched.

I remember coming across a similar software for the Sony Ericsson P900 phones on the web. The ad for the software went something like this:

"Let your phone wake you up when your train (New York metro) reaches destination!!!"

Any chance of this being implemented in the near future?

Thanks.

Srikanth Koka

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont think I can get this incorporated in the near future as I have a good sized wish list to get through for the next version. Good idea that needs investigating though.

Is this something that should be in a profile manager or do you think it should be in an alarm type application?

Guest bretto
Oops!!! Seems to have spoken too soon.

After a soft reset the today screen displays the profile twice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When this happens can you go into the about dialog and let me know the version number.

Thanks

Guest skoka123
When this happens can you go into the about dialog and let me know the version number.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is V2.01d beta1 in both the cases.

What acutally happens is like this.

If there are no appointments then sometimes the screen is as follows:

No Appointments

Profile: Soft

After a reset it is like this:

I have created an appointment with no subject and now the screen is like this.

6PM to 7PM

instead of

No Subject

6PM to 7PM

Edited by skoka123