where do you store ringtones on storage card?

Guest Skeese

Guest Skeese

hi, could you tell me how where to store the ringtones in the storage card? because the ringtones take alot of space on the phone itself

let me know

Guest markgamber
hi, could you tell me how where to store the ringtones in the storage card? because the ringtones take alot of space on the phone itself

let me know

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As I recall, you can put them anywhere you'd like but the phone will never find them on it's own. You have to edit the registry to make them work from the SD card. Go to HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds and you'll see the various items to which you can assign sounds. From there, select SystemDefault, for example, and you'll find two values, one of which is "Sound". That points to the sound file. If there's not path, such as "default.wav", then it's assumed to be in the \windows folder or in \storage\Application Data\Sounds. If you want to put it in \Storage Card\Sounds, for example, then you need to change that "Sound" value in the registry from "default.wav" to "\Storage Card\Sounds\default.wav".

Guest Skeese

by doing this can i leave the default ringtones in the phones and put my additional ringtones in the SD? will it identify both ringtones from the phone and SD if i make them changes to the registry? let me know thanks