XDAIIi slower than the Jam for movies?

Guest LadFromWales

Guest LadFromWales85

Hey all.

I've had a Jam for a couple of months now. Since I could never be bothered to convert movies before watching them, I just chucked them on my SD card, and played them.

Now, I have got an IIi from o2, and it seems as though I can't do this anymore :D The movie plays, but it stutters around whenever the screen gets busy...its fine in slower parts.

Could this be the SD slot is slow, or even the processor not being as efficient? The same happens when playing movies over the network with Resco file manager.

I was really happy with the IIi until I tried playing movies, since even the slower Jam, with its less RAM, manages fine.

Any ideas?

Guest battletank
Hey all.

I've had a Jam for a couple of months now.  Since I could never be bothered to convert movies before watching them, I just chucked them on my SD card, and played them.

Now, I have got an IIi from o2, and it seems as though I can't do this anymore :D  The movie plays, but it stutters around whenever the screen gets busy...its fine in slower parts.

Could this be the SD slot is slow, or even the processor not being as efficient?  The same happens when playing movies over the network with Resco file manager.

I was really happy with the IIi until I tried playing movies, since even the slower Jam, with its less RAM, manages fine.

Any ideas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you got it in turbo mode? I'm happily playing a 100K/s Xvid full screen with Betaplayer without any stutter.