Probably the most pointless Modaco topic ever

Guest Chaser81

Guest Chaser81

I keep seeing that advert on channel 4 where all the celebrities from channel 4 shows tell us the mottos they live by... Just thought we could do that!

So post your favourite motto or a saying you have found to be very true!!

I'll go first: "Smile and the world smiles with you... Fart and you stand alone!"

:cheesy: Look Ma, I'm in a locked topic!!

Guest chucky.egg

:D

"A lack of planning on your part does not constitue an emergency on my part" Ron Patterson (the original "grumpy old scot", and a great mentor of mine) 1989

Edited by chucky.egg

Guest scm7rap

1. All news is biased.

2. It's not how nasty the bad people are, but how nasty the good people can be.

3. To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems!

Guest confused and hungover

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

(if it is broke, call up technical suport and bitch and moan and whinge until someone else fixes it for you)

Guest Confused Stu

I've got a couple on my desk (in addition to my signature here, of course):

"Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it"

"If your request was that urgent, I would already have done it, wouldn't I?" and my favourite (written small at the bottom of my compulsary nameplate for the company I've been at since I was 21):

"Stuart Martin: Depriving a village of it's idiot since 1996"

Guest beersoft

"you want what by when" - the mission statement for my department at work

"what part of no don't you understand"

and

"We are either doing something, or we are not. 'Talking about' is a subset of 'not'."

later

Owen

Guest philgriffiths

how about

How about some of these:

"The secret to winning a war is not dieing for your country, but making the other poor ba***rd die for his!" - Genral Pattern

"The man who reads nothing is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers" - Thomas Jefferson:

"Treason doth never prosper. For if it prospers no one dare call it treason" - John Harrington

"In Italy under the rule of the Borgias for thrity years there was bloodshed, war, terror and murder, which produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they have had five hundred years of brotherly love, peace and democracy. And what did that produce? The cuckoo-clock!" - Orson Welles, In The Third Man

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutley." - Lord Acton

"Murder solves problems. No man, no problem" - Joseph Stalin

"Why is it when you say your a comedian people ask you to tell them a joke? If you say I'm a polititian do they say tell me a lie? If you say you are a gynocologyst do they say take a look at the wife?" - Bob Monkhouse

and finally the one in my signature. This has just made me realise i know a lot of pointless stuff!

Guest dj_sea

mine is simply

"music is life, live life to the full"

and the one in my sig (in case i change/have changed it) is:

IM a liar, im a cheat, and im a theif, but i did NOT tell that man his shoes were untied and then run away with his "PS2 tips" book

Edited by dj_sea