Ryu69

Mitac 8380 won't start

4 posts in this topic

I've just got a brilliant Mitac 8380 from a friend, who attempted to upgrade its ROM, and according to him it didn't work, so he just unplugged the phone from the PC.

The phone won't boot now, it shows a black screen, and it won't switch off unless the battery is removed.

When i hold down the recording button and power it on, nothing happens. (Is this buttons combination the correct to enter the bootloader?).

But even if the phone is powered off, when i plug it on the USB cable Windows detect a new device, and ask for a driver. But i don't know what kind of driver it's looking for. I downloaded the 8380's driver from Mitac, and it's not that the one it's looking for.

To enter the Bootloader hold down the asterisk and both softkeys when you turn on the phone.

To enter the Bootloader hold down the asterisk and both softkeys when you turn on the phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for ur help. Although it doesn't seem to work :D

When the left softkey is held down, the phone won't power on.

I tried different combinations to press the 3 buttons right after the phone is turned on, but still nothing :D

Any ideas suggestions? I e-mailed Mitac Europe, hoping they can help me by sending them the phone for service or something, but still no reply yet.

Don't know what else to do

Also I've jut noticed that when i start the phone using combination of buttons, some times it gives on the external display a number which increaments every time i statt the phone

0:1 0:2 0:3 0:4 etc

Any ideas what these are?

Phone's nonsense? some error codes?

Arg, this situation is killing me. I can find nowhere any helpful info on Mitacs

:shock: