vibrate on sms

Guest fincan

Guest fincan
...yep...look in the profiles menu...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I set everything to vibrate and ring, and it vibrates when I receive a voice mail, but it does not when I receive an SMS. Am I missing something?

The problem is you can only choose between either vibrate or a tone, it does not vibrate and ring. This really bugs me because when i'm driving i can never hear when i get a message, however with the old nokia i always could feel it when a message came through.

Guest beersoft

hmm

start > settings > profiles > edit > notification type > "play sound" "vibrate" "vibrate then sound" "vibrate and sound"

later

Owen

Guest TigerNet
hmm

start > settings > profiles > edit > notification type > "play sound" "vibrate" "vibrate thenĀ  sound" "vibrate and sound"

later

Owen

...isn't that what I said??? :D

:D

Guest fincan
...under alarm type (or sound) in the editing the profile there is an option that says vibrate and sound...

Cheers

Nick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As I said, everything is set to vibrate (and ring)

but still, it does not vibrate, just plays the sound (for the SMS).

for e-mails and voice mails, it's working

Guest fincan
How many people need it? We can developping sth. for it.

Cheers,

Jim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I definitely need it :D

(i miss my old reliable nokia 6310i)

Guest daedos59
I definitely need it :D

(i miss my old reliable nokia 6310i)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If nothing is obvious in the menus, then you should be able to hack the registry to do it. Unfortunately I don't have the exact details at the mo

Guest fincan
If nothing is obvious in the menus, then you should be able to hack the registry to do it.Ā  Unfortunately I don't have the exact details at the mo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

found the solution! (thanks to you, I looked in registry)

I will post it as a separate thread but for those who are following this thread:

(Use a registry editor for the followings):

1- Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/Sounds/SMS

2- for PHM Registry editor, press Values

3- You should see three keys (Category, Script, Sound)

4- Select "Script" and open it.

5- Edit the value (originally, it is "p", but we need to change it to "av0p" -note that it no letter O but digit zero-)

6- Send yourself an SMS, see that it vibrates, smile.

Guest birlest

I will post it as a separate thread but for those who are following this thread:

1- OpenĀ  HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/Sounds/SMS

5- Edit the value (originally, it is "p", but we need to change it to "av0p" -note that it no letter O but digit zero-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you pls tell me where I can find a registry editor (I knew "regedit" in Windows, but I don't know if it works with the registry of Windows CE). What is PHM (what's PHM for?) Registry editor? If I make some changes in the registry, can I always save a back up copy of the previous version of my registry?

Many thanks

Guest dchester
Can you pls tell me where I can find a registry editor (I knew "regedit" in Windows, but I don't know if it works with the registry of Windows CE). What is PHM (what's PHM for?) Registry editor? If I make some changes in the registry, can I always save a back up copy of the previous version of my registry?

Many thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See this web page I made on the Smartphone Registry. It has the answers to your questions about it.

http://webpages.charter.net/dchester/MPx220/Registry.htm

BTW, my ISP isn't the greatest, so occasionally you have to try a couple times to get the page to come up.

Brilliant! And of course this lets you change all sorts of other things in there, like making your reminders vibrate and repeat - or your E-mail or voicemail messages.

This was one of my pet hate's about this phone - and its now been solved!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mmbecks7

1- OpenĀ  HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/Sounds/SMS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Step 3...I only see two keys (Category,sound) no script...Is there a reason for this??

Guest fincan
Step 3...I only see two keys (Category,sound) no script...Is there a reason for this??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

after changing my firmware to 1.25 generic, i saw that i didn't have that script field too. just add yourself (type: string, name: script)