best text message tones

Guest gregbarton

• 4 months later...
Guest frijoles

Does anyone know where I can find the alert tone that plays when Fox NFL shows the scores ticker..... the one that plays their theme with bells. Been searching all over and can't find it. Would make an AWESOME txt msg alert. any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nastassja

i have been using the THX sound (next generation surround sound, george lucas company) as a sms tone for so many years now, first with my nokias and now with my smartphone.. the good thing is that it's kinda progresive, so you can stop it fast or let it play for the audience

my friends all wanted to have it, so i thought you may be interested as well!

does anyone have the darth vader breathing tone and some stewie griffin (family guy) sounds?

thx.mp3

Edited by nastassja

Guest w411y

Was sitting in a sports hall yesterday and I heard the buzzer noise from the old TV show Catchphrase as someones message tone. Found it funny.. going to go hunting now :)

Guest SeventySix
Got the bug now!!!!! If you want to turn heads and get everyone talking about your text tones, try any of these guys, i change these every week and i get the same responses,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,have smartphone look smart!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy

These and the Yoda are very good - thanks.

:-)

I haven't found much better than the Wistle tone posted in this post somewhere.

People always wonder where is it is coming from as it sounds so life like.

I fancy an air horn one, like the one used on Zane Lowe's (and other) radio one show when they announce a 'big tune :D'. Difficult to record it from there as it is normally over some music.

Any ideas on how I could get one rather than recording it myself? Have had a search around but they all sound like horns on boats/trucks not a rave style air horn.

Cheers

Chiz

Edited by Chiz

Guest G1LIW

Nuts. I've a nice MIDI file of Morse for "SMS Received", and the server upload won't take MIDIs - anyone know a good freeware converter for MIDI to MP3/WAV, etc?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest glinja

hey guys, im new to this smartphone lark (being a recent nokia convertee),and just installed tomtom on my (old but free) c500!.

This thread is excellent, keep it up..........so much choice .....so little time

Guest stern
The message can use the mp3 formal. Why don't u ues this.

Because it was sent to me from a nokia which use the AMR format and my c550 has no problem playing it either.

Guest glinja

ok guys need help now, ive got loads of sms tones thanks to this, but im unsure of where to put them in my c500, so that i can choose the file as an option to play when i recieve a message, can anyone help me?

regards

Glenn :)

Guest eediot

Ok please do not shoot me but I am a complete novice when it comes to anything phones.....

I have just become the proud (?) owner of a nokia 6280 and I would like to change my text message alert to one of the many fab files or similar on this thread.

The trouble is i don't have a clue how to do it....

Could someone please give me an idiot proof bit of guidance....

Thanks!

Guest pd.ryder
ok guys need help now, ive got loads of sms tones thanks to this, but im unsure of where to put them in my c500, so that i can choose the file as an option to play when i recieve a message, can anyone help me?

regards

Glenn ;)

You'll need to put them into Storage>ApplicationData>Sounds for you to be able to select them from the pick-list. :)