C500 SimLock Toggling (Cost: £0.00)

Guest Zone-MR

Guest adchaffey
A big thanks to the SPV-Developers! Keep up the good work guys!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I echo that! Just unlocked my old C500 to sell to a friend on Vodafone.

Thanks guys, brilliant work!

Guest mcfarfs

Hi there.

I can't application unlock my C500.

I got it off a mate, whos contract had run out so he had a new phone.

I have tried http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdefq.aspx , and I fill out the info, inc. correct phone number and IMEI number, and press ok. It comes up with a page saying I should receive a text message in a few minutes.

However this text message never arrives!

I have also tried this method of unlocking it.

This doesn't work either, I wasnt sure if I was supposed to delete all the zeros in front of the numbers when editing the registry things, but I tried both ways and either way when I test it using the program they link too, in simply says "Internal Error". I think it is a bit dodgy messing about with that anyway, I could no longer browse the phone with activsync so I reverted the names back to what they were.

So what am I doing wrong? I also phoned Orange to register my sim card and phone, but it still won't work.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest razzler

Worked a treat on my XP 64bit system, did it while sync'd over bluetooth, no probs whatsoever.

Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!! ;) ;)

Guest Gnuig

A BIG THANKS to spv-developers.com for bringing us this tool!!!

WOW!

After having app. unlocked my qtek 8310 properly, I too used this tool succesfully to remove the Telia sim lock, although I do believe that Telia will do it for free.

VERY NICE ;)

Guest adzisfat

Hi, i just opened the spv services tool in order to unlock my spv and it said the following:

Warning:

RAPI Init failed: RAPI init timeout

ROM editing tools will be unavailable

i was wondering when i would be able to use the unlocking program, as it is obviously not working at the moment?

please reply!

thanx, adam.

Guest daz_75

OK, ive run everything said in the this and the app unlock thread and everything went through fine. I got a "RAPI Init was successful :)" message but when i put a T-mobile SIM in it it doesn't work.

I get a

"Denied, Searching" message at the top of the phones screen, any ideas?

Thanks

Daz

Guest v4victory
simlock.jpg

Thanks to some invaluable efforts from itsme, and anonymous, our SPV C500 unlocking tool is now in alpha ;)

There are, however, some limitations, which we are working to resolve:

• Your phone must be an Orange C500. Do NOT run this on an AudioVox phone or ROM. Ignoring this may result in your phone becomming unusable till we add AudioVox compatibility.

• Your phone must be application unlocked, and have our cert.cab file installed. This file should be included with the SPV-Services package. We realise this is a big limitation, again it's something we are working around.

Additionally, SPV-Developers or it's admins will not be held responsible for any problems caused by this tool. However, all changes made are 100% reversible, and we will do are best to help should anything unexpected happen.

To try this service, you will need to download the SPV-Services Client. The file cert.cab needs to be copied to your phone and executed. After this, run the SPV-Services.exe, and have fun ;)

If you try it, please post your feedback.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good one my man

you made it clear and simple

Guest Toyota-F1.com

For the RAPI message I think you need to restart the computer after installing ActiveSync, and also restart your phone, then install the cert.cab, even if already done so, then try again. That's what I did anyway (two days ago). Thanks for the unlock, now the only thing is I don't actually want to move network, but at least I know I can if I ever need to! (I think Orange PAYG is a rip-off for calls, but I've got Orange Out Here which gives 5 free texts everyday, and that suits me fine for the time being...!) Thankyou!

Guest daz_75
OK, ive run everything said in the this and the app unlock thread and everything went through fine.  I got a "RAPI Init was successful :)" message but when i put a T-mobile SIM in it it doesn't work.

I get a

"Denied, Searching" message at the top of the phones screen, any ideas?

Thanks

Daz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone? ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest tonymorcom
simlock.jpg

Thanks to some invaluable efforts from itsme, and anonymous, our SPV C500 unlocking tool is now in alpha :D

There are, however, some limitations, which we are working to resolve:

• Your phone must be an Orange C500. Do NOT run this on an AudioVox phone or ROM. Ignoring this may result in your phone becomming unusable till we add AudioVox compatibility.
  • Your phone must be application unlocked, and have our cert.cab file installed. This file should be included with the SPV-Services package. We realise this is a big limitation, again it's something we are working around.

Additionally, SPV-Developers or it's admins will not be held responsible for any problems caused by this tool. However, all changes made are 100% reversible, and we will do are best to help should anything unexpected happen.

To try this service, you will need to download the SPV-Services Client. The file cert.cab needs to be copied to your phone and executed. After this, run the SPV-Services.exe, and have fun :D

If you try it, please post your feedback.

Guest tonymorcom

This info is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I have just unlocked both my SPV550 and my wife's SPV500 in less than 30 mins and saved a lot of money as well. Both phones are now Vodafone enabled. Thanks guys. :D

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest zahid123

i hav used dat software an i had used it 2 unlock my spv c500. now it says that it is been unlocked, but wwhen i put my 02 sim card in it will give me no reception. can sum1 help me. iv tried that sim in a different phone an it works. plz help me immediatly

Guest nigidivitch

OK... I've seen this posted a few times, but as yet, haven't seen any answer for it...

App Unlock - done

SPVServices files downloaded and .cab file installed on phone

I start up the SPVServices

I click on "SMILock Tool"

I type AGREE where I have to.

Then I get the wonderful message "IE has encountered a problem and has to shut down, do I want to send an error report?" (etc...)

I was using IE7, but went back to IE6 just in case - still didn't work...

Any ideas?

Edited by nigidivitch

• 1 month later...
Guest aristweed

HELP!!!! I don’t have and can not get a sim card. How can I unlock my SMT5600?? I dont even know who the old provider is.. got phone of ebay! I can hook up thru Activesync but can’t execute a file from my PC on the phone!! PLEASE HELP!!! [email protected]

• 2 months later...
Guest jet5354

sorry, this thread is waaay too long to go through.

if i unlock my orange c500 and then put qtek rom on there, will it stay unlocked?

• 1 month later...
Guest jimbo1979

Hi All,

I followed the instructions and unlocked my c550, now I can get an O2 sim to work as well as the original Orange one, but my 3 sim card just return an 'Invalid or missing sim card' error. Has anyone managed to get theirs to work with a 3 sim. If so how?

Thanks,

J

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kursta
Can you use the "encrypted block analysis" button in the "Debugging tools" area of the software, and paste me the results you get in a PM (use CTRL+A and CTRL+C to copy the output)? What phone model are you using? Did you install the cert.cab file on it?

how do you install the cert.cab?