FULL ROM BACKUP (OS IMAGE)

Guest DShundeev

Guest DShundeev

How I can make FULL ROM BACKUP (create OS image) on my MPx220 ? It's realy so impossible ??? I read many and many forums - and find nothing ;) Exist many firmware-writers for MPx220 and no one firmware-readers :D:(;) I wish upgrade firmware (currently I have v1.28), but I need backup DLL for russian ITap (currently it stay in ROM).

ANYBODY can help me ? :cry:

P.S. Sorry for my bad English :oops:

Guest Tokamak

@DShundeev

Can You tell me, what files are responsible for Itap. My Problem is, that I have an English Firmware and need a German Itap dictionary, but I don't know what dlls are important. Perhaps the dlls are similar?

Bye,

Dirk

Guest Seth Cold
@DShundeev

Can You tell me, what files are responsible for Itap. My Problem is, that I have an English Firmware and need a German Itap dictionary, but I don't know what dlls are important. Perhaps the dlls are similar?

Bye,

Dirk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the language is ROM embedded, the only way to get that is to flash with a rom that supports your language

Guest Tokamak

Hi,

the problem is, that you cannot download the German firmware. So I have to improvise. In my opinion: in windows is everything a file, or a reg key. So why shouldn't exist a dll or any other file for Itao, which contains the dictionary?

bye

Dirk

Guest Tokamak

Hi,

I found out, that the language is implemented in a simple reg key and a lot of *.mui files.

We have two different reg entries:

0409 US English

0809 ??? (probably Chinese)

In our first windows register are several files called *.dll.0409.mui, *.dll.0809.mui and lang0409.dll.

So I think, that these files are responsible for the main language of the handy. A simple test was the evidence.

I made a new entry in my registry:

0007 German

After a reboot the language German appeared in the regional settings. I chose it and rebooted the handy again. The result was, that I couldn't write any text in messages, that the nice voice of speech recognation missed.

Perhaps we can now try to implement new languages in our Handy. My problem was and still is, that there is no German firmware to download. Changing some files and editing the registry is the only way to succeed! Perhaps you can give it a try!

Bye,

Dirk

Guest Tokamak

Hi,

have a look on this site:

https://serviceone2.motorola.com/

User: guest

PW: guest

and then on the third link for download.

You can see several downloads for MPX220!

Go to "A668_MPx220 unlock" and you can download the MST software.

In this software there is a possibility to backup your phone. I believe, that a full backup is meant. The only problem you have, is that you need a ROCKEY USB dongle for correct communication. Without this you are not allowed to establish a connection. Perhaps somebody knows how to emulate this dongle?

Bye

Dirk

Guest DShundeev
Hi,

have a look on this site:

https://serviceone2.motorola.com/

User: guest

PW:  guest

and then on the third link for download.

You can see several downloads for MPX220!

Go to "A668_MPx220 unlock" and you can download the MST software.

In this software there is a possibility to backup your phone. I believe, that a full backup is meant. The only problem you have, is that you need a ROCKEY USB dongle for correct communication. Without this you are not allowed to establish a connection. Perhaps somebody knows how to emulate this dongle?

Bye

Dirk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't downlad it - "guest:guest" don't work ;) Can You attach this tools in this forum ?

Guest drizze99
I can't downlad it - "guest:guest" don't work ;) Can You attach this tools in this forum ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right now, the tool is useless because you need a USB dongle (Rocky4) that will allow the software to run properly.

There is nothing out there that will extract a ROM image from a MPx220 phone. Your best bet is to figure out how the language files and registry is structured in the OS and then pull that off the phone and experiment....

Guest DShundeev

But this is main problem - I CAN'T GET MY LANGUAGE FILES FROM ROM ! When I try copy it - I got message "Access denine" ;)

(please don't tell me about files atributes)

Guest Tokamak
But this is main problem - I CAN'T GET MY LANGUAGE FILES FROM ROM ! When I try copy it - I got message "Access denine" ;)

(please don't tell me about files atributes)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are the language files? Especially which file is responsible for the Itap language?

Bye

Dirk

Guest ozziede

Have you tried playing around with the registry so it doesn't load the language file into memory on bootup so you can copy it .

Guest airvaly
Have you tried playing around with the registry so it doesn't load the language file into memory on bootup so you can copy it .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How can I setup the registry? I have found the file registry... but I don't able to open it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest costinel

i am new to this and my english is very bad,sorry for mistakes

i found with registry this line:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Input\LDBs\

and there are 2 strings,something like this

0407     string    t9german.dll

0409     string    t9english.dll

maybe it helpes,maybe there are some t9*.dll for more languages to download or replace