m2000 silent incoming call issue

Guest Wozbacca

Guest abz2003

I am on my 5th M2000 all with the same fault but Orange are mucking me about, They know there is a fault but wont take responsibility for it. If the handset is faulty 3 times with the same fault you can request the next handset up, but they wont let you as they are trying to give me a p910, m500 or a treo 650 which all dont have wifi so are inferior handsets. It seems ike this handset is going down the same road as the mpx200 and should be recalled! :cry:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

typical attitude of comanies who only care about you when you ask them to close your account. As usual we have to trawl through all this stuff on google cos the massive corporations get to say 'i didn'n do it'.......grrrrrrrr

I also have this problem.......

will post if bt idea works

Guest Pondrew
I also have this problem.......

will post if bt idea works

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fUNKUS, this problem seems all but eliminated on later roms (version 1.4 onwards) so the providers do seem to be making inroads. When I had my MDA III the problem occured much less after updating to the i-mate 1.40 rom and then stopped occuring altogether after I updated to the latest T-Mobile rom version 1.42.

I was more agrieved by the lack of an official update route to WM5. It's what made me decide the time had come to part with the MDA III :)

Well it wasn't bluetooth it turns out it was a hardware issue with the headset socket. When you remove the 3 band plug a little switch should pop in where the plug used to be enabling the speakers. It seems that this switch gets stuck sometimes, all you need to do is use a paperclip to wiggle the switch free and it will click in :) (i used a plastic coated wire to stop the audio connections being scratched)

I know someone will have posted this on the forum already but i expect a few people who think they have this bluetooth issue and cannot fix it probably have this switch issue.

Hope this helps

fUNKUS

Ps: im putting off swapping the rom for now, untill the t-mobile rom sends me over the edge. A couple of tweaks have sped it significantly, and you know the old addage 'if it aint broke...' hehe.

pps:having said that my rom details are the same as yours eccept for the last figure in ExtROM which is 110.....does that mean im up to date anyway?

Edited by fUNKUS

• 1 month later...
Guest LaurenceSilvester

I have the same problem as however I have had it with phones that have not had the plugin headset so obviously not a switch problem. orange are also denying that it is a known problem with these phones. this forum alone seems to prove otherwise.

Orange have decided to offer me the m500 p910i or the palm trio I have refused as not got similar features. they also offered to upgrade to the m5000 for £200

I am just keep getting them to replace with new m2000. I think its been about 10 now. ho hum just have to keep sending them back till I get something that works.

I am thinking about trying the sale of goods act in that the device is not up to advertised standad ie you can use it as a PDA but not a phone. anybody else tried this?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest travisb

I have the silent call issue as well. However since getting ActiveSync 4.1, if I get a call when the phone's in the cradle, I consistently get it when I take the phone out to answer it.

Not happy