Hard Reset on answering the phone

Guest JamesHardiman

Guest JamesHardiman

Four times now my Orange SPV M2000 has hard reset when I answered an incoming call ... and that's two different phones! I moaned to Orange after my original phone did it twice, and they sent me a new phone, and that's now done it twice.

Is there some trick to answering the phone that means it won't hard reset?

My wife also has an SPV M2000 and has never had the problem.

Cheers,

James

Guest Disco Stu

This is a guess based on something I read somewhere....

Check the little plastic tab that clips over the side of the battery. The one that doesn't seem to have any function as it is too small to secure the battery.

If this is not properly in position I think it can cause the device to think that there is no power and hence the hard reset.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Four times now my Orange SPV M2000 has hard reset when I answered an incoming call ... and that's two different phones!  I moaned to Orange after my original phone did it twice, and they sent me a new phone, and that's now done it twice.

Is there some trick to answering the phone that means it won't hard reset?

My wife also has an SPV M2000 and has never had the problem.

Cheers,

James

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

James,

Had it myself on 2 of my m2000's in the past from 0range

Got replacements and not had it for the last 4 or 5 handsets (m2000) that ive had (yes i really have had that many replacements!!), the prob seems 2b a faulty phone, maybe u will get 3rd time lucky on ur next replacement mate

Guest fraser

Are you installing addional software on them? Next time you return, note the IMEI number, make sure they don't just fob you off with the same one! Defo an actual problem, it's unusual to have it twice!

• 1 month later...
Guest pizdyetz77

I'm getting a replacement due to the same problem.

Can someone tell me if my X-backup file will restore my new handset to being the same as the old one?

Cheers,

GH

Guest fraser
Can someone tell me if my X-backup file will restore my new handset to being the same as the old one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, with a 50-50 chance of reinstalling the bugs you had! Depends if the problems were hardware or software related. Do the restore, but at the first sign of trouble, reset back to the factory defaults and start afresh.

Guest pizdyetz77

The restore worked - except that my 'storage' folder wasn't restored. Apart from that it went fine. The problem was obviously hardware related.

Cheers.

Guest JamShady
Are you installing addional software on them? Next time you return, note the IMEI number, make sure they don't just fob you off with the same one! Defo an actual problem, it's unusual to have it twice!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They can't fob you off with the same one because they send you a new one by courier who takes your old phone back with them. It's a case of literally swapping the phones on your doorstep. At least that's whats happened every time I've ordered a replacement phone.