Update Tool is BACK & ROM 1.43

Guest Paraklas

Guest wildmanviper
i now have the chinese rom (3.46),it works fine and is in englisch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you have to do anything special to put it on your phone? Or just load it and change the language to english

Guest Paraklas

Load it, change language, remove the chinese logos etc, do a couple of tweaks to change fonts (if you don't like them) and you are ready to go.

Guest wielen
System update tool is not jet avaiable...

just a question, on this link there's written that this uprade is only for north american mpx220, it's true? my eurpean one can have some problems?

thanks, bye

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi all, does this update 1.0.0.43, support the Dutch Language??

Greetz

Jord

Guest Paraklas
Hi all, does this update 1.0.0.43, support the Dutch Language??

Greetz

Jord

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nop.. you gotta find the dutch .lng file somewhere

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MadSci
Does anybody know if there are Release Notes or a changelog, where a detailed list of all the fixes and new features for this version is included?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I updated from 1.30 to 1.430 yesterday. First impressions, the phone is definetly faster, faster to draw the screenand faster to pick up the Caller ID settings (I have over 4000 COntacts in my database so I stress this aprt of the system a lot).

There has been a HUGE improvement in the audio quality on my BT headset (Moto HS820) which previously was always crackly and scratchy and short-ranged, now it's as clear as crystal.

It also seems to need fewer resets to keep it happy.

So far, big thumbs up.

FYI, before you do anything, buy the LATEST version of SpriteBackup, it has a tool built in specifically for restoring after upgrading the ROM. I didn't know this and relied upon my 'Old Faithful' v1.6, which isn't supposed to work. It actually did pretty well, hanging up only at the end of the process, which was cured by removing ti from the cradle. The only thing I lost were the individual ringtones and photos caller ID assignments. A pain, but that was pretty good for software that I now learn wasn't supposed to work at all!

MadSci

Guest cvdbl

probabl;y a dumb question, but:

I got my mpx220 on ebay SIM unlocked (I used it on TMobile). Doing the upgrade will not sim lock it again, correct?

C.

Guest Julie U

I was able to download the update application today.

Unfortunately after trying 4 times I couldn't get it installed! I have an email into Motorola support but was curious if anyone else had problems.

I kept getting the following message towards the end of the update 1 install:

Motorola MPx220 Sytem Update Warning!

The time taken to apply the System Update to your MPx220 device has exceeded expected limits. Check the information in the 'Details' box. If it appears to be updating, then it is likely that everything is OK and you can dismiss this warning message. However if the information remains static (typically reading 'start flash loader downloading...'), then it is likely that the update has failed in which case you should dismiss this warning message and cancel the System Update application.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Julie

Guest Paraklas
I was able to download the update application today.

Unfortunately after trying 4 times I couldn't get it installed! I have an email into Motorola support but was curious if anyone else had problems.

I kept getting the following message towards the end of the update 1 install:

Motorola MPx220 Sytem Update Warning!

The time taken to apply the System Update to your MPx220 device has exceeded expected limits. Check the information in the 'Details' box. If it appears to be updating, then it is likely that everything is OK and you can dismiss this warning message. However if the information remains static (typically reading 'start flash loader downloading...'), then it is likely that the update has failed in which case you should dismiss this warning message and cancel the System Update application.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Julie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try these steps below..

1. Try a different USB port on your pc,

2. Try on another PC

3. Reinstall the USB driver (may not function properly)

4. What I did and worked: When the 'start flash loader downloading...' is displayed, after a 10-15 seconds I unplugged the USB cable and plugged it back after 5-6 Seconds and update wizard continued successfuly.

probabl;y a dumb question, but:

I got my mpx220 on ebay SIM unlocked (I used it on TMobile). Doing the upgrade will not sim lock it again, correct?

C.

Upgrading firmware does NOT Sim lock your phone.

Edited by Paraklas

Guest Julie U

Thanks for your help. It sounds like this has worked for a few people. I tried all your suggestions as well as a couple of others I saw on the Derrick site and am still getting the same warning message towards the end of update 1.

Arggh!...so close and yet so far

I guess I will have to wait for Motorola to repond to my request for help but no answer so far.

I did find reference to an offline method. This sounds more complex. Does anyone suggest I try that or if I'm unable to get the easy online one working should I pass? I'm really not an idiot and followed instructions closely but don't know what I should do next.

Anyone? Thanks! Julie

Guest chiyoda

IS it possible to perform the upgrade without USB cable ? Using BT.

MPX220 had problems with "motherboard" according to Motorola, and it would cost US$ 300 to replace it - bummer, so I can only charge the battery with external desktop charger and sync only with BT and IR.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest efishta

I'd just like to add that I upgraded to the latest version of the Cingular ROM yesterday, and I had some trouble with it at first. First the online update utility kept getting stuck in a loop and would write the blocks over and over for over an hour, so after 1 hour I gave up. I turned the phone on and I got an error message stating that the flash was incomplete.

So I went to the local temp folder and I copied the downloaded ROM from Cingular that the online update utility had downloaded previously and I used those files with the offline updater. It completed successfully, but the phone wouldn't save the settings and was experiencing several glitches, etc. so I did another full reset (press power button while holding action key (blue button)) and after that it's been running smoothly.

I have noticed that the memory management is definitely much better. I use xBar 2 and I had internet explorer, a game, mobipocket reader and windows media player running at the same time, semething that I've never been able to do with the previous old ROM. That and the phone does feel faster, and ActiveSync now connects immediately, instead of the hit and miss process that it was before.

I risked screwing up my phone, but now that it's over I'm really happy with it.

Now I just wish Cingular would update it to WM 5.0 but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen...

• 1 month later...
Guest monkeygadge
Yes although I would definately reccommend you finding the newest european firmware - it is far superior to anything else

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Better than cingular 1.430.0.0???

Which country?

• 1 month later...
Guest mvsmith07
Yeah much better;

IMHO, camera is far better, sound quality is better, NO customizations, faster menus.

What do you mean by "What country?"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where can you get this "newest european firmware"? The Motorola website for UK has the "Software Update Tool Coming Soon" page at the moment. Is there somewhere else a european ROM update can be downloaded from? I have a link for the Cingular 1.43 ROM so I think I'll give that a try.

Guest sergiom
Where can you get this "newest european firmware"? The Motorola website for UK has the "Software Update Tool Coming Soon" page at the moment. Is there somewhere else a european ROM update can be downloaded from? I have a link for the Cingular 1.43 ROM so I think I'll give that a try.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I read at the moto page "check your manofactured version if you have 1.430 you have the lastest sofware update"

When i check my phone (i buy it about 10 days ago) it´s say:

Rom Update Versions:

Operator: 4.20.13349.0

Manofacturer: 3.70.23.0

Microsoft: 4.20.13349.0

Language: 4.20.13349.0

File System: 4.20.13349.0

Do i need this update????

• 3 weeks later...
Guest starclassic

When i checked my phone it says

Rom Update Versions:

Operator: 0.550.4001.0

Manofacturer: 1.470.0.0

Microsoft: 4.21.15118.0

Language: 0.290.16.0

File System: 4.21.15118.0

is something missing or wrong?

Guest kmisuzu

I'm trying to update my phone and get almost to the end of applying update 1 of 1 and I get "DL Fail: Firmware Stage,0x4004" ;)

Edited by kmisuzu