Update Tool is BACK & ROM 1.43

Guest Paraklas

why does my mpx220 shows a very big difference compared to all the rest? Just look at my "Manufacturer's version" below:

Version: 4.21.1088 (build 15102.3.0.1

Radio: 1.00

Operator: 3.530.7016.0

Manufacturer: 3.490.0.0

Microsoft: 4.21.15102.0

Language: 3.490.20.0

File System: 4.21.15102.0

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Robbyaf

I got my MPX220 from Vodafone last month and it is a 1.40

Is it worth upgrading to to 1.43 and does this work ok in UK, as the Motorola site linked to from this post says "North American handsets only".

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick, but not too familiar with Windows Smartphone.

:shock:

Cheers

Rob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest madchef

Great...motorola's tool fried my mpx220.

Now it just says "Download incompletly" in a DOS'ish looking window ;) :P

Called motorola, and they want me to mail it to some repair shop and pay out of pocket....repair shop says "Oh this happens a lot with that tool.....we've got a 50/50 chance of reloading your ROM"

I tried the "other" tool in an attempt to load any ROM at all (asian, etc) and no dice....

Anyone have a suggestion?

Guest Paraklas

Try re-flashing your phone again. If it fails, you can find the downloaded rom to a temporary folder in your pc (search a bit this topic and you will find the folder - can't remember it now) and use that downloaded rom along with the offline update utility to flash your phone. Hope it works!

Guest dave23976
Try re-flashing your phone again. If it fails, you can find the downloaded rom to a temporary folder in your pc (search a bit this topic and you will find the folder - can't remember it now) and use that downloaded rom along with the offline update utility to flash your phone. Hope it works!

I too have a sim unlocked phone that was originally destined for an overseas market, I am stuck with version 1.28. I have tried the U.S. online tool and everything seems to happen as it should but when I check the version on the phone it remains at 1.28. I have talked to the dealer and Motorola and neither can tell me where the phone was originally destined for (it says "Mobile Operator" when it boots and the original regional language was Spanish or Portuguese) so I can't find the Motorola web site specific to the country of my phone, no luck with google either for the carrier.

I have searched this forum for the location of the temp folder with the rom image file with no luck, does someone know the name of the file or at least the extension? Also, I have not been able to find a source for the offline update tool, can someone please help?

Guest fluffcat1
I have talked to the dealer and Motorola and neither can tell me where the phone was originally destined for (it says "Mobile Operator" when it boots and the original regional language was Spanish or Portuguese) so I can't find the Motorola web site specific to the country of my phone, no luck with google either for the carrier.

I think they just don't want to help, not that they can't. If you PM me ( don't post it here) the IMEI I can find the regulatory body that issued it and the original country of origin :-)

but the only moto site to host a firmware is the US one from my own experience :-(

Richard

Guest daswede420
I think they just don't want to help, not that they can't. If you PM me ( don't post it here) the IMEI I can find the regulatory body that issued it and the original country of origin :-)

but the only moto site to host a firmware is the US one from my own experience :-(

Richard

hey richard, i've got the same problem, my mpx is from overseas and i tried to update the rom and it says it's already updated?? but the info on the phone is really the 1.28

lemme kno if you find the updated overseas rom!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kaamran
hey richard, i've got the same problem, my mpx is from overseas and i tried to update the rom and it says it's already updated?? but the info on the phone is really the 1.28

lemme kno if you find the updated overseas rom!

Hi there

I also have an unlocked phone with ROM 1.28. I want to update the ROM but can not finding any source.

Please help.

• 2 months later...
Guest mustie
Hi there

I also have an unlocked phone with ROM 1.28. I want to update the ROM but can not finding any source.

Please help.

I just bought an unlocked mpx220 less than a week ago in amsterdam. After reading about the potential problems with the phone the next day, I desperately want to update the rom(seems to be the solution) b4 it packs up.

rom update versions are:

operator: 0.300.4030

manuf: 1.150

microsoft: 4.21.14315

language: 0.190.16

file syst: 4.21.14315

(snip) please read forum rules (/snip) Is it true that the latest update for unlocked phones is rom 1.49?

Thanks.

Edited by Disco Stu

Guest rpsgc

Hi,

I bought a MPx220 a couple of days ago and had it unlocked. I'm in Europe so I suppose I have the generic ROM?

My phone's ROM update versions:

Operator: 0.10.6050.0

Manufacturer: 1.360.0.0

Microsoft: 4.21.15051.0

Language: 0.240.16.0

I followed all the instructions to update the ROM but in the end it said there are no new updates for my phone!

Why is that?

I really wanted to know if the 1.43 ROM had portuguese language ;)

Should I try the offline updater? I don't know where to get the ROM though :)

Edited by rpsgc

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah man.....same here!! damn it!! No new updates for my phone!? how can this be possible!?

I had to use the offline updater with the 1.47 Generic ROM :D

Guest geoffrey118

Yo there!! after a lot of help from RPSGC (member) and also from this site:

http://motorola.mpx220.tripod.com/index.html

I've been able to update my ROM to 1.49!! But who the heck said it will be faster?? It's slow as F*&^ and my SMS service is a bit dodgy too.....it's not calculating correctly the amount of characters + the amount of messages (at the top corner)!! What happened??

Yo there!! after a lot of help from RPSGC (member) and also from this site:

http://motorola.mpx220.tripod.com/index.html

I've been able to update my ROM to 1.49!! But who the heck said it will be faster?? It's slow as F*&^ and my SMS service is a bit dodgy too.....it's not calculating correctly the amount of characters + the amount of messages (at the top corner)!! What happened??

Have you tried 1.47 then?

I also noticed 1.49 was slow.. maybe not as slow as yours but slow.

Guest geoffrey118

I'll try the 1.47!! Hope it works fine!!

I was suggested the Asian ROM 3.something!! But I'd have to patch it up for the Chinese fonts.....and I don't think I'll manage that!! hehe

Guest geoffrey118

Okay....running smooth again!! with ROM 1.49!! Apparently it was not installed well or had some problems cause when I installed it the second time - it worked just fine!! not faster than the original version though + still dodgy messages!! but on the whole it's better!!

So I apologize for critizing the 1.49 version!! S O R R Y!!

& once again thanks to RPSGC for his help with the installation!! Cheers man!!

Okay....running smooth again!! with ROM 1.49!! Apparently it was not installed well or had some problems cause when I installed it the second time - it worked just fine!! not faster than the original version though + still dodgy messages!! but on the whole it's better!!

So I apologize for critizing the 1.49 version!! S O R R Y!!

& once again thanks to RPSGC for his help with the installation!! Cheers man!!

Glad to see it worked out quite well :D

Guest geoffrey118

Good Lord........

a friend of mine got WM5 on his MPx200!! But when I tried to see the specs so as to install it on mine - I couldn't cause of the difference in Processors!! What the heck??

I mean....how come you can use WM5 on an MPx200 but not on the MPx220!? Weird!!

Good Lord........

a friend of mine got WM5 on his MPx200!! But when I tried to see the specs so as to install it on mine - I couldn't cause of the difference in Processors!! What the heck??

I mean....how come you can use WM5 on an MPx200 but not on the MPx220!? Weird!!

That's just how things are... you can install WM5 on the 200 but not on the 220. That sucks a lot :D And I really wanted WM5 because it has Portuguese and WM2003 doesn't :D

Guest geoffrey118

It's not only cause of the language - it's fantastic - believe me I saw it!! It's like a PDA - even though on the MPx200 it ran a bit slow!! It requires so much memory that the 30MB system memory is not enough so it takes half of the installation on the system and the rest on the SD card!!