e200 lcd same as e100?

Guest majorjam

Guest majorjam

Hi, does anybody know if the e200 lcd is the same as the e100 as i have a e200 with broken lcd ( or know where i can get lcd)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pondrew

You could send the device off to HTC. They'll repair it for a fee...

I expect the screens in the E100 and E200 are interchangable but I usually leave such thing to the professionals...

• 2 months later...
Guest fluffcat1
the screens are not interchangable, similar but different enough

Actually they are interchangable, I've done it with a Voyager screen in Tanager and Canary, and a Canary screen in Tanager.

Although the physical dimensions of the screens and their surrounds are different between Canary and Tanager / Voyager, a Tanager ( E100 ) screen is a perfect fit and works perfectly in Voyager ( E200) and a Voyager screen works perfectly and fits in a Tanager board - I currently have one running this way on my desk in front of me if anyone wants photos ;)

Richard

• 3 months later...
Guest monacoslo

I do not believe you.

I just tried to use a screen from Canary on Tanger, but all I got was a white screen. Surprisingly, screen from Tanger works on Canary without any problem. Why is that?

Guest fluffcat1
I do not believe you.

Thanks! Regardless of whether or not English is your first language, I'd suggest you not be as rude if you require help with problems. I certainly won't be offering any assistance :evil:

I just tried to use a screen from Canary on Tanger, but all I got was a white screen. Surprisingly, screen from Tanger works on Canary without any problem. Why is that?

Figure it out yourself then - it worked for me :)

Guest monacoslo

It was just a reply on your "... if anyone wants photos". I did not want to be rude. I wanted to say that I'd like a proof because on my phones that does not work!

no offence

Guest fluffcat1
It was just a reply on your "... if anyone wants photos". I did not want to be rude. I wanted to say that I'd like a proof because on my phones that does not work!

no offence

Perhaps if you'd asked ***4 months ago*** when I originally did this I could have sent the photos...

But then, you're just not doing it properly, so how will a photo help you?

Richard