PPCProfiles-Pro 3.00a Beta 6 Bug: Ring Tones

Guest ChrisSpera

Guest ChrisSpera

Bretto,

I've been using this app for a while now, and even posted on it on pocketnow. this is a great app. I really like the tray selection options, as I have a lot of Today Plug-Ins, and often can't spare the real estate.

I am having a HUGE problem with ring tone changes out of PPCProfiles-Pro. The app doesn't change them. No matter what I change in the main profile setup screen for a ring tone, incoming calls ring with what ever is in the Phone applet's setup or the Sound and Notifications Control Panel applet (which are identical entries, BTW).

PPCProfile Pro's Setup Notification dialog works correctly without a problem. the only "notification" that doesn't get set properly is the Incoming Call notification on the main PPCProfile Pro setup screen. I am able to reproduce this problem on both an i-mate PDA2k and an ETEN M500.

I looked for a newer version than 3.00a Beta 6 but didn't see one. do you have another version that addresses this issue yet?

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. The application is awesome and I won't run a Phone Edition device without it.

Edited by ChrisSpera

Hi Chris

Ive dont some testing and havent been able to reproduce this problem. As far as changing the ringtone at least. My devices change the sound file as soon as you select a profile.

Have you changed the ringtone location? Some users were having problems with the way the "change ringtone location" option works. You have to select a ringtone from the list after changing the location and all profile ringtones must reside in the new location.

Is there any other apps installed that might also modify the ringtone? Once you select a profile it changes the ringtone registry value. If another app changes the same registry entry afterwards the profile manager wont change it again until you select a profile.

Just a couple of thoughts off the top of my head.

Hi Chris

I only had a few short minutes earlier to answer your post please let me know if I need to research your problem further if the other suggestions didnt help.

Thanks for your kind words BTW.

Guest ChrisSpera

no problem, bretto. I'm still seeing this problem on both my M500 and PDA2k, though.

the ETEN M500 comes with a profiles app, but I've disabled it, and am not using it.

The PDA2k doesn't have a profiles app at all, and this is still happening there as well.

Guest ChrisSpera

no problem, bretto. I'm still seeing this problem on both my M500 and PDA2k, though.

the ETEN M500 comes with a profiles app, but I've disabled it, and am not using it.

The PDA2k doesn't have a profiles app at all, and this is still happening there as well.

Guest ChrisSpera

Thanks for your help!

no problem, bretto.  I'm still seeing this problem on both my M500 and PDA2k, though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Chris

Does this happen with a fresh system and nothing else on the device besides PPCProfiles-Pro? I know it seems like a strange question but Im wondering if another app is setting the ringtone back.

Another thought. Sorry for asking but have you selected a ringtone for the profile and saved the profiles settings? I know it does display the 1st sound file on the list but this is not actually set until the profile is saved on that page. Well I think after initial installation the ringtone needs to be set. Ill check though.

• 2 months later...
Guest shahineo
Hi Chris

Does this happen with a fresh system and nothing else on the device besides PPCProfiles-Pro? I know it seems like a strange question but Im wondering if another app is setting the ringtone back.

Another thought. Sorry for asking but have you selected a ringtone for the profile and saved the profiles settings? I know it does display the 1st sound file on the list but this is not actually set until the profile is saved on that page. Well I think after initial installation the ringtone needs to be set. Ill check though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm seeing the same problem with the release version on my k-jam (WM5).

Basically the following are the only ringer settings that work:

1) Ringer

2) Vibrate then ring

3) None

nothing else gets set (defaults to Ringer)

this only happens with the Phone: Incomming Call notifcation.

Guest ChrisSpera
I'm seeing the same problem with the release version on my k-jam (WM5).

Basically the following are the only ringer settings that work:

1) Ringer

2) Vibrate then ring

3) None

nothing else gets set (defaults to Ringer)

this only happens with the Phone: Incomming Call notifcation.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I spent most of the day hard resetting, configuring (rinse, repeat...) my K-JAM. I even called Beyond The Tech on the phone and talked to him about some of the things that I was seeing with my K-JAM.

This application works on WM5. Set it up and configure it the way you want it to work, then get back to the today screen and change profiles to something, and then back to the one that you want to use for now.

I think what we are both seeing here is that un less you make a complete profile change, changes to the current profile don't take effect. The registry values have to be completely changed and then changed back before they will work. Try that and then let me know if that didn't solve your problem... It did with everything that was going wrong with PPCProfiles Pro on my K-JAM.