Mda Pro Crashes With Activsync

Guest mr_tim

Guest mr_tim

I had an M2000 that used Activesync 3.8 with no probs. Just got my MDA Pro, installed AS 4.0 as provided and my Win XP SP2 PC crashes. No BSOD, no hangs just immediately reboots.

I rolled back to AS 3.8 and the same thing happened. Restested the connection with my M2000 and it's fine with that phone so it's an issue with the MDA Pro and my PC :?:

Thankfully I could get my contacts over via IR in the mean time.

Any ideas :??:

Guest Pondrew

Seem to remember the install instructions for Activesync 4 said to uninstall the older version first. Did u do this?

Unfortunately u definately won't be able to get your MDA Pro to work with Activesync versions older then 3.8 as WM5 requires the latest version...

Guest mr_tim

yes I did completely remove it. I tried again today and this time it appears to have killed my pc!

having uninstalled as4 and reinstalled it, when prompted I plugged the mda pro in. *click* reboot... only now it won't go into windows - just hangs on a black screen. my mda pro has killed my pc :evil:

I am now without a pc and have to use my evil mda to type this up!

any pointers?

Guest Pondrew

Is a reinstall of Windows on the desktop an option? :o

Other then that, have you tried to enter safemode on Windows on your desktop? If that still works it might be possible to restore the desktop to a previous save point or something...

Guest mr_tim

nope - not going into safe mode. thankfully a windows recovery with the install cd has got me back up.

Dare I plug the evil machine back in again?!

Guest Pondrew
...Dare I plug the evil machine back in again?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:o Really shouldn't be the MDA Pro hardware (at least, not if u've tried restoring it to factory default by hard resetting it). If this is a bug in the device T-Mobile will have to replace every one as it wouldn't be fit for purpose.

Let us know what happens when you try again. I'm hoping the problem will have been resolved by the repair you did to Windows...

Guest mr_tim

Nope. Factory reset the MDA Pro and it's just the same. Windows reports the problem as "A device driver installed on your computer caused the problem; however, we cannot determine the precise cause."

I'll be on to T-mobile in the morning. I wonder if more people will emerge as having issues as they come out

Early-adopters - the new word for guinea pigs :o

Guest SPVGixer
Seem to remember the install instructions for Activesync 4 said to uninstall the older version first. Did u do this?

Unfortunately u definately won't be able to get your MDA Pro to work with Activesync versions older then 3.8 as WM5 requires the latest version...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It could be your device - I had no problems, didn't uninstall 3.8 but installing AS4 recognised the old version and updated it. It worked ok on my home XP Home SR2 machine and my XP Pro work machine. MDA Pro worked fine on both. Sorry it's not helpful but it does point towards the hardware.

Dave.

No been checked on two other XP machines - looks to be specific to my machine. Tried the usual USB diagnostics - removed all other deveices, tried a powered USB hub... I wish it had been the phone. I don't know what else to try to get it to work!

Thanks for the pointers thus far

Guest Pondrew

Unless it's an incompatibility between the os on your desktop and the hardware (motherboard etc) then a complete reinstall should resolve it. I know it's pretty drastic though :o

It's a pretty fresh install as it is (3 weeks) and I suspect it's a conflict between my device and my PC hardware somewhere.

I was happy earlier having had the brain wave to do a wifi sync only to get home and realise they removed that feature in AS 4 :evil: