• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sim Card Error 1

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Device is XDA IIs, latest ROM

PPCProfiles-Pro version 3.00a 1.02

I have input my SIM password correctly and selecting a profile with Flight Mode off from the flight mode on state works fine.

Problem occurs when I use the quick switch function to take the phone offline for a period of time. On trying to deactivate flight mode, the error box pops up 'Sim Error 1', and then flight mode is deactivated (the phone connects ok)

Any ideas? I had this happen when I had apps installed, but I have just reproduced it with PPCP-Pro as the only app installed after a hard reset.

BTW, great program Bretto

Update: Tried it with another Sim and got the same error, eventhough I was able to get a signal and use the phone

Edited by JHutt

Posted · Report post

Hi

I think your saying that flightmode is turning off and on ok but there is a messagebox popping up.

Could be a timing issue. I think the messagebox is reporting falsely.

What happens is that the program tries to start the radio (turn flightmode off) and then checks to see if the radio is waiting for a password. If it is then supplies the password and then the radio continues to be turned on.

Sounds like in your case the error trap is kicking in faster than it should.

Stay tuned for a new beta which will address this.

Thanks for the feedback.

Posted · Report post

Yeah thats it, seemed like a timing issue. Also, I see several other issues which may have been mentioned by others;

1/ All functions (except for this error issue) work fine initially, but after a while the Setup screen does not appear when the button pressed

2/ As per 1, I lose the ability to bring up the bluetooth manager screen, although I am able to turn bluetooth on and off. Admittedly I am unsure if this is releated to your app, but I have done a hard reset today and am installing apps one by one to see whether they are the cause....so far it seems to be related to PPCP-Pro