Music PLayback Over A Bluetooth Headset?

Guest The Doctor

Guest jm012a9749

I was wondering earlier today after viewing some bluetooth headsets in the orange shop whether it is possible to play music through a bluetooth headset? Any1 got any information/links or similar to help answer my question?

Cheers

I would think you can.

With the supplied headphones when you put them in, it comes up in something like Headset for the setting - and you can then hear the music using that mode through the ear phones.

I would presume its the same for the headset. Pair the headset to the phone and make sure that the phone is actually in Headset mode (if its paired and not already set in headset mode, press the power button and then goto more... then press headset) And then try listening to your music.

I've not tested this method because I dont have a bluetooth headset - but try it if you haven't - Im asuming this, based on the theory of the plug in headphones.

Phil

Guest davejerome

Afriad not guys.

I have a Parrot CK3300 kit. When you play music it just comes out the speaker on the phone, same as the guidence voice in TomTom..........

....However on random times, like really random software faults with either the phone of the bluetooth headset, it will send the music/tomtom voice to the car kit.

Also on this forum i remember reading the same question but for the C500. There was some kind of Reg hack for the PPC hardware to allow it but not for WM.

There you go, oh and if you could it would drain the battery so quickly.

Running media player > bluetooth all transmitting all the time

and as far as i know Bluetooth has a SLOW transfer rate. So therefor the quality would be well... ...pish!

Guest jm012a9749

well i encode all my music at 48kbps mono so thats about a third of the actual bandwidth of my bluetooth. and i found a program on th modaco site which apparently lets you play music through a bluetooth headset ;) i'll give it a bash n if it dont work thn i stil got a bluetooth headset :D

Guest davejerome

Oh sorry, didn't realise you were going to use third party software as well. If that is the case then I am almost sure some cleaver bod has found out how to do it!

Guest davejerome

As far as I can remember when i sent Files across from my PC to a Sonyericsson T610 it was reporting 10KBs transfer! So either my bluetooth equipment (phone and dongle) are rubbish, (likely given their age) or if that is the standard for BT transfer then.... ....10kbs is all you will get. OUCH!

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock: 

that must sound like absolute crap....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest jm012a9749
:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock: 

that must sound like absolute crap....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually you'd be suprised. quality through th loudspeaker is no different from 192kbps and through headphones th difference is there but not really noticable. ;) however if you wanted to play it through large speakers then yes it would sound like absolute crap lol :shock:

Guest jm012a9749
well i encode all my music at 48kbps mono so thats about a third of the actual bandwidth of my bluetooth. and i found a program on th modaco site which apparently lets you play music through a bluetooth headset  ;)  i'll give it a bash n if it dont work thn i stil got a bluetooth headset  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can play music through a bluetooth headset :D the quality however is possible. however if you already have a bluetooth headset then give it a try :D well done to th author of the bluetunes software on this site :(

• 2 years later...
Guest leezammit

can you tell me were to get this software to play music through the bluetooth headset as i have a samsung i320 and every time i play music it still comes of of the speakers and the calls go to the head set. :D