Gameboy emulator for SPV - ALPHA code

Guest spacemonkey

Spacemonkey you are a god!!!!

I have the following games working on my Bad Ass Phone...

8)

Mario 1 & 2

Zelda

Tetris

I have put all the games in different folders on the storage card

all i do is copy cut paste to play new game through ALL- Explorer

well wicked !!!!! 8) 8)

Guest spacemonkey

Good work around on the multiple games... the plan is when you run it, it'll scan the current directory and let you pick a game...

Actually maybe I will do some coding tonight...

flippin amazing mate!!!!!!!!! if you can get the sound sorted out then thatl top it off ;)

also a small suggestion the keys are a bit fiddly to reach.... might it be easier if you made the a & b keys the volume control keys on the side of the phone rather than the soft keys..

Guest spacemonkey

Just in the mean time... I'm not doing sound right now, but I am working on a file list for multiple roms. Additionally I could easily add a thing to flip through a few key layouts... If people wanted to suggest 1 or 2 other full layouts you might like?

I need to know what keys you suggest for 4 directions, buttons A, B, Start and Select.

Cheers... once I've got some layout suggestions the key layout thing will be dead simple

Guest jtsaint

I believe the theme tune is Beethoven Adagio sostenuto. Looking forward to the file listings see that you already started it in the code. I would do it but Java is my speciality (looks complicated!)

Guest spacemonkey

OK, I'm done for the day... just put up a very minorly tweaked version.

No filelist yet, I've got the code to read the list of files but haven't got it displaying or anything yet... tomorrow evening maybe ;)

But, I've put some mobility in your a/b buttons.

So, arrows are still always the joypad, 1 is start, 2 is select.

A/B are either : the 2 softkeys (default) the +,- volume rocker on the side, or * and #

To swap between these three sets press the record button. Sorry no visual indicator. I intend ultimately to have a fully user configurable thing so this is to help you action gamers. If none of those are perfect or you have a smashing idea of where you want all the keys just post and I'll tweak it tomorrow... changing the keysets in code is an absolute doddle. (I think at the current time using record button to swap keys that 3 sets of keys is the max or I'd get too damn confused.)

Guest awarner [MVP]

The one in the origional seems to be the same at the moment.

Like you said crimminsky let him kip for a couple of hours :wink:

This is what the SPV should have been like from day one.

Guest Gorskar

These would be my setup of key selections

1-->Joypad= movement Vol+,Vol- = A,B 1,2 = select +start

2-->Joypad= movement *+#=A,8=B(for left/right handed peeps) 1,2= select + start

3-->4=left,6=right,2=up,5and8=down,(1,3,7,9= diag controls optionally) Vol+,Vol-=A+B Softkeys=select+start.

my preferred keysetup:

left: joypad left

right: joypad right

up: joypad up

down: joypad down

a: 8

b: 9

Select: 0

Start: #

It seems to me this world be the easiest way...?

//imp

Guest spacemonkey

Speed may depend on the specific ROM. In general the performance is fairly good, probably a little slower than a real Gameboy, but not much (I'm not sure, I've never owned a real gameboy).

You could check whether your phone has any of the other issues, like homescreen timeout, loads of messages clogging up memory etc.

Guest spacemonkey

OK, the crashing on load bug.

I just had it again and left my phone. After 5 minutes it came up happily. This is very weird, and reading the DOOM thread sounds like they have something similar... is this a "feature" of the phone rather than a bug in our software?

Anyway, that might saving having to pull the battery and reboot all the time... although 5 minutes is a long time to wait ;)

Guest Gorskar

Ideally could you make a function to map every key to an individual button of the user's choice. (Ie a "map keys" function after which it asks you to press a button for each key choice, which then gets saved)

Guest spacemonkey

Yeah, I was thinking, when I do the menus, a list screen with 8 of those sideways roller things that let you choose the button for each of the 8 gameboy buttons.

Also, save the configuration in the state file so you can keep a different control set for each game.

Spacemonkey this might help for your list (or it might be complete bollox/a bit late)

http://www.smartphonedn.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=63

"There is a standard list view on Smartphone 2002 that is used in several standard applications. For example, you will see it if you press the "Programs" soft key on the Home screen. This list contains 3 columns for each item: an accelerator digit, an icon and item text. The list looks good and has comfortable keyboard navigation.

CSPListViewCtrl is a control that looks like "Programs" list. This article describes this control and shows how to use it.

http://www.smartphonedn.com/articles/splistview.html"

Guest frijj2k

BEST GAME SO FAR!

Get "Tetris DX" for GBC Emulator... it runs at a good speed, looks great and is a x100 better than Tetirs Clone for Smartphone 2002.

;-)

Dave -=[Frijj2k]=-