Transcend 4GB SD Card

Guest Loconinja

Guest Loconinja

Has anyone tried a Transcend 4GB SD card in an SPV M500 or other Magician? Does the Magician support FAT32?

I see that some posters have had problems with 2GB cards, but a colleague has had no problem with a 2GB card in his QTEK S100, so I was wondering whether the 4GB card would work.

Thanks, Alex.

Guest chucky.egg

I cant see that card on the sellers page

Is it a 150x card, because the 2Gb 150x cards appear not to work in M500s (and variants)

Can you post some details?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Nope, not a clue, but I can vouch for it working

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has anyone tried the A-data My Flash 4GB, either the (200x MMC) or the (150x SD) Cards in a Qtek S100 (or any Magician)?

These cards are being sold quite cheaply on ebay, would like to know if anyone as had luck with these.

Guest mbartlett
Has anyone tried the A-data My Flash 4GB, either the (200x MMC) or the (150x SD) Cards in a Qtek S100 (or any Magician)?

These cards are being sold quite cheaply on ebay, would like to know if anyone as had luck with these.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have tried the a-data 4gig turbo x150 and it did NOT work in my M500.

The 2 gig Kingston x120 is working fine though.

Guest johninnit

Hmm, I tried to get some info out of Qtek, but not much joy - here's what they said...

"Until now, we tested two 2 GB SD-Cards with the VPA compact (S100). One SD-Card was from TwinMOS (Ultra-X 66X) and the other one from SanDisk (I can’t remember the exactly type name). Principle 4GB SD-Cards should function with the VPA, but unfortunately we have no 4 GB SD-Card samples."

Will hold I think & see if any more info arises on 2gb cards to make sure - can't afford a 4gb, sob!

cheers, John

Okay - I went a got the A-data 4GB My Flash 200x Turbo MMC plus for my Qtek S100

It Works Great (sighs of relief!!) and it was only £79.00 on ebay.... :) :D :)

Edited by rkdp

Guest johninnit
Okay - I went a got the A-data 4GB My Flash 200x Turbo MMC plus for my Qtek S100

Oh no! now even more confused. An SD is better than a turbo MMC, no? Doesn't it have a faster transfer rate, so make for a better working machine, or am I wrong? (would be nice if I'm wrong, as this seems cheaper than the SD option)

cheers

John

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mbartlett

I had a refund on my incompatible 4gig sd adata card as this did not work on an Orange M500 phone.

However I then paid for a 4gig Transcend card and it worked straight away.

Hope that helps anyone with a m500 orange phone.

• 1 month later...
Guest adamliddy
Oh no! now even more confused. An SD is better than a turbo MMC, no? Doesn't it have a faster transfer rate, so make for a better working machine, or am I wrong? (would be nice if I'm wrong, as this seems cheaper than the SD option)

cheers

John

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got the same MMC card in my IMate Jam and it works fine. There is no difference in speed between my old SD (133x) and the MMC in the device.

I can tell the difference when its in a USB 2 reader though - the SD is about 25% faster.

Guest johninnit

Thanks rkdp & adamliddy. Being a cheapskate I just bought the 2GB version of the ADATA 200x Turbo MMC Plus card, and it works nicely - bargain for

Guest Zen777

Just to let you all know, I just bought an A-Data 'MyFlash' 4GB 150x SD card from eBay and it DOESN'T work on my SPV M500.

I dont get it... is it the 150x speed or the physical size of the card that makes it incompatible??

Why can't the damn things just work!

Edited by Zen777

Guest leinadafc
Can someone confirm that a TOPRAM card (same spec) will work on my M500?

Err I think that's what I said 5 posts ago, isn't it?

Edited by leinadafc

Guest johninnit
Just to let you all know, I just bought an A-Data 'MyFlash' 4GB 150x SD card from eBay and it DOESN'T work on my SPV M500.

I dont get it... is it the 150x speed or the physical size of the card that makes it incompatible??

Why can't the damn things just work!

;) Oh no! Sorry to hear that. My ADATA 2GB (MMC+ not SD) works, but I should probably also add that my version of the Q100 is a vodafone VPA Compact, not an Orange SPVM500. Don't know if that makes any difference - maybe there's some difference in the custom software the network puts in.

Edited by johninnit

Guest hanhha2000
;) Oh no! Sorry to hear that. My ADATA 2GB works, but I should probably add that my version of the Q100 is a vodafone VPA Compact, not an Orange SPVM500. Don't know if that makes any difference - maybe there's some difference in the custom software the network puts in.

I have used the Transcend 4gb card in my universal (MDA Pro) and it works generally. The only problem I had originally was the camera would not recognise the card. This was solved by putting more than 2gb of stuff on the card.

• 2 months later...