Vario as bluetooth modem

Guest DerekCohen

Guest DerekCohen

I'm trying to set things up so my notebook can use my vario as a modem for Internet connection.

Bluetooth is on on both devices and I have them paired.

However when I dial up from the notebook it comes back saying PPP authorisation failed.

What is the username/password needed for T-mobile GPRS?

Thanks

Derek

Guest daftveggie
I'm trying to set things up so my notebook can use my vario as a modem for Internet connection.

Bluetooth is on on both devices and I have them paired.

However when I dial up from the notebook it comes back saying PPP authorisation failed.

What is the username/password needed for T-mobile GPRS?

Thanks

Derek

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check out the CD that comes with the Vario, it has all the info you need on how to set up as a modem, I'm at work now so I don't have it to hand but I remember reading it.

Guest DerekCohen
gprs over blutooth is slower than via usb btw

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does this mean I can link the phone to the notebook by USB (using the sync cable) and use the phone as a GPRS modem?

Guest puckster
Does this mean I can link the phone to the notebook by USB (using the sync cable) and use the phone as a GPRS modem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah its possible although it can be tricky to setup.

The most important thing to do is to disable USB sync as per page one of the i-mate document on setting it up on the K-JAM. I have attached this PDF to this post, it should be the same for the Vario.

(I hope its not against forum rules to post manuals but any site mods reading this feel free to delete / edit if required)

Regards,

Chris

Guidelines_for_using_i_mate_K_JAM_as_a_USB_Modem.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CrispyUK

Looking to set my Vario up as bluetooth modem for travelling with the laptop, have looked on the CD but this only seems to provide instructions for doing it with the USB cable, I'd rather have one less cable to travel with!

Any ideas?