Tutorial: Creating XML homescreens

Guest w411y

Ok, try a 240 * 320 image, and wa you mean put the profile plugin iin, it is in!!!!!!!

post-139370-1136543189_thumb.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know it's not in this picture i showed because it was the old one, it was to show you the space at the botom that appear on the top now. as for the profile it appears to much on the left.

I'm trying the resolution you said to see if the space will diseapear

Edited by frem

I know it's not in this picture i showed because it  was the old one, it was to show you the space at the botom that appear on the top now. as for the profile it appears to much on the left.

I'm trying the resolution you said to see if the space will diseapear

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

changing the image resolution didn't help that space still appear like i said it's someting in the .xml to change so it fits the high resolution. maybe a homescreen design for the c600 can help to figure this out :

http://www.nectun.com/details_skin.php?id_...1&id_type_tel=2

why the apps name is that high the original lara home isn't like this when there is one last used aps

Guest nevawlkalone

Well i dont know why it is doin that to you image as it is not doing it with mine, as you can see from the gif of the screen if have uploaded to the download area.

Im looking at it this very miute on my phone and there is no problem with the image! The size diference between mine and LARA is because that homescreen is for a smaller res screen, therefore, it has to stretch to fit on a higher res screen.... That y the text smaller to...any bigger and will mess the screen u and make it jump when you move down! As for the profile plugin thing, i think that is because if have a long profile name...is your short? if it is what have you called it..i will name mine that and adjust accordingly!

Guest nevawlkalone
Did you have a look at the xml designed for C600 ? maybe they can help:

http://www.nectun.com/skinsc600.php?lang=fr&id_type_skin=-1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yip but none of them support the mru plugin, id still have to add it and t be stretched!!!!!!!!

I honestly dont know hwat the deal with you image is untill i can get a proper pic!

Oh btw how did ya drivin test go?

yip but none of them support the mru plugin, id still have to add it and t be stretched!!!!!!!!

I honestly dont know hwat the deal with you image is untill i can get a proper pic!

Oh btw how did ya drivin test go?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm supose to receive the result by mail today or tomorow. My landlord might call me to check my mail at home during the afternoon i can't wait.

For the homescreen let's wait a little to see if this other forum can come up with something

Guest nevawlkalone
I'm supose to receive the result by mail today or tomorow. My landlord might call me to check my mail at home during the afternoon i can't wait.

For the homescreen let's wait a little to see if this other forum can come up with something

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Groovey...

Yeah ok..if my other screen is on the downloads area then try using that one!

Groovey...

Yeah ok..if my other screen is on the downloads area then try using that one!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I GOT MY DRIVING LICENSEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'M SO HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYNow just need my perfect homescren. And i can say that year 2006 will be mine !!!!

Guest nevawlkalone
nevawlkalone

A guy on that other forum got it right this time, here are the files maybe it can help you to see what you were doing wrong.

Thank you very much for all your help. And sorry for taking your time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NO problem....glad you did, lernt a few things, plus io got a new home screen to up load!

Glad you got what you wanted, n thanks for the file....!

All the best, n no crazy driving lol

M

NO problem....glad you did, lernt a few things, plus io got a new home screen to up load!

Glad you got what you wanted, n thanks for the file....!

All the best, n no crazy driving lol

M

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you explain me basicly what was wrong with the xml ?

Guest nevawlkalone

I dont know, thats the thing...it worked fine for me, as you could see from all the screen shots i posted, n once i figured out how to get the..erm...thingy... last used app thing, we where away untill you had the infamous gap, so im not ot sure what went rong!

N only making it to the spec you gave me for you phone, i couldnt see it myself n do something about it! Wish i could have been more helpful to ya! Lets see the final product then!!!!! lol

I dont know, thats the thing...it worked fine for me, as you could see from all the screen shots i posted, n once i figured out how to get the..erm...thingy... last used app thing, we where away untill you had the infamous gap, so im not ot sure what went rong!

N only making it to the spec you gave me for you phone, i couldnt see it myself n do something about it!  Wish i could have been more helpful to ya!  Lets see the final product then!!!!! lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I meqn what is diffrent from your xml and the working one this guy did?

Guest nevawlkalone

Ah right, not sure not had chance to look at the file yet..... bin really busy aat work with new servers and just pure destruction of comms room cabling...

Will have a look at some time and report back to u

;)

M

Guest gu5tav0

Does anybody know the xml code to make the SMS/MMS/EMAIL plugin not visible if there are no new messages? I am not sure if it is even possible because whatever I try, it is still visible. I have tried copying code other plugins that autohide and still no luck.

Any ideas?

Guest gu5tav0
Can you post the auto hide code that you use?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is used to autohide ongoing calls and voice mail. I tried to use it on SMS but was unsuccessful. There has to be some "format-state" that does it.

Guest Jamma14

This is used to autohide ongoing calls and voice mail. I tried to use it on SMS but was unsuccessful. There has to be some "format-state" that does it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fraid there isn't. :cry:

The orange plugin includes a function to do this but there isn't any way to do it on non orange devices at the mo.

Hi guys,

Just started working on my own homescreen, and it is comming along nicely. But I am wondering if you have discovered a way to preview the changes you make along the way without having to switch to another homescreen and back?

The whole process is very slow, and as you know, during the creation of a homescreen, you do hundreds of small changes (sometimes I adjust the position of an object 5-6 times before I get it right).

The best thing would of course be if it was possible to preview the screen on the PC, which I assume is impossible for now, but is there a way to just refresh the homescreen on the phone without having to go into the menus, and loading another screen first?

Guest gu5tav0
Hi guys,

Just started working on my own homescreen, and it is comming along nicely. But I am wondering if you have discovered a way to preview the changes you make along the way without having to switch to another homescreen and back?

The whole process is very slow, and as you know, during the creation of a homescreen, you do hundreds of small changes (sometimes I adjust the position of an object 5-6 times before I get it right).

The best thing would of course be if it was possible to preview the screen on the PC, which I assume is impossible for now, but is there a way to just refresh the homescreen on the phone without having to go into the menus, and loading another screen first?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you can get access to a computer with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 then you could download Windows Mobile 5.0 SDK for Smartphone. The SDK includes an emulator for Windows Mobile 5.0. I am sure you could then preview your homescreen before loading it on your phone. The only obstacle is getting Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. Also, the SDK does not work with the "free for a year" Express edition of Visual Studio.

Yeh your right, it is a right nuisence.

I have overcome this however..... I create the XML and take a screenshot.

Open my background image in photoshop and put the screenshot layer on top with a low opacity and then edit the image to fit around the text ;)

Thanks for the suggestion gu5tav0 ... does the emulater ship with the SDK kit for wm2003?

Guys, do you know is anything can be done about the bell that shows up next to the cloc`k when alarm is enabled? I want it there, although, a bit smaller. It seems to be affected by the font size of the clock iself, and if you have a large clock, the bell is really overdone.

Guest gu5tav0

I just wanted to let you guys know I got Visual Studio 2005 up and running and installed the Windows Mobile 5.0 for Smartphone SDK. It makes designing a little bit faster because I don't have to fumble around with my phone or have it connected to my pc. You can transfer files to the emulator via an Activesync connection. It even allows you to sync your calendar and browse the internet.

Here are some pictures:

captured.jpg

DeviceEmulatorManager.jpg

Also, as you can see in the second picture, there are Windows Mobile 2003 SE emulator images. This could help those of you that are designing for that OS.

I believe you can order a Windows Mobile 5.0 Developer Evaluation Kit for free (I think you have to pay shipping) that has all the necessary tools to use the smartphone emulators.

Let me know if you have any questions about using the emulator.

Edited by gu5tav0