-The Simpsons Theme Tune Ringtone*New*

-Random Homer quotes for Message Tone or System Sounds *New*

-Homescreen for Non Orange Phones*New*

>>Requirements

-RJTime (available here) FREE

-SBSH Facade (available here) FREE

Installation

1)Download the file (w411y-HomerSimpson.rar) and unpack it using WinRAR

2)In the extracted files you will find 2 cabs. One for WM5 and one for WM2003. Copy the specific cab over to your phone and run it from there(more thorough instructions are included in the download)

3)Go to Start - Settings - Home Screen and change it to "w411y-Homer Simpson" or "w411y-HomerSimpson(Non Orange)

4)To change Sounds/Ringtone go to

Start - Settings - Sounds

5) If you have a device running WM2003 you can also open up WMP and apply a skin to that under Options

6) Kick back and enjoy the Homer-ness

>>Removing System Screens

Nice n easy...

Go to Start - Settings - Remove Programmes and remove "w411y w411y-HomerSimpson"

>>Last Comments

-If you recieve the message that your device cannot run the cab as of "adequate permissions blah blah" then app unlock your device.

>>See Here

>>Possible Future Updates

-More system screens

-Startup/Shutdown sounds

-Less complex optional homescreen

Any problems/requests, Gizza shout :)

Updated Sat, Jan 21 2006 10:30 am

View File

Edited by w411y

Thank you ;)

Windows Media Player skin has just been made and Ive also customised the Orange banners (Contacts page and Call page) and the Start Menu Background. Ill update asap

Guest dsmithok

This is a cool screen, but my phone (Audiovox 5600) won't display the home screen correctly (see attached screenshot). It looks the same using both the normal & non-orange versions. Can you help me with this? Thanks.

images0002.BMP

Hi welcome to the forum ;)

Unfortunately for you this screen is for QVGA devices (i.e the screen size is 240x320) and your 5600 has a smaller screen. And to add to that I do not have a similar device to yours to make a homescreen.

I could attempt in making a homescreen for your phone but it would be a lot simpler (i.e only include time/date/profile/messages)

Do the volume/error etc screens look ok?

Guest pauleden

My phone got a little confused (I think) as I had a previous Homer homescreen of yours installed and it used the old background. I've changed the background manually to the right one and it looks better now, but I don't see the time/date now.

I battled with the application permissions so I'm feeling chuffed with myself but this last little thing is bugging me.

Paul

(SPV C550)

hi great home screen, on my c550 there is'nt any markings on the analogue style clock just the hands in a white circle, have i done something wrong or is this how its s-posed to be.

x-cellant home screen many thanx

@paul.... you need to download RJtime (see my first post of this thread for a download link) Thanks for pointing out the clash, ill do an update when my pc is fixed

@sno... it should look how it does in the screenshot.

cheers guys ;)

Guest pauleden
@paul.... you need to download RJtime (see my first post of this thread for a download link) Thanks for pointing out the clash, ill do an update when my pc is fixed

@sno... it should look how it does in the screenshot.

cheers guys ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah yes. RJtime and Facade now installed and it looks really great. Top work.

Just one thing. The writing where it says the appointments and tasks, on top of the image of Springfield is quite hard to read as it's brown. Have I done something wrong still?

you can change the color of the text by editing the xml or using a picture editor you can lighten the area of springfield so you can see it better. I would do it but my pc is bust!! ;)

Guest pauleden
you can change the color of the text by editing the xml or using a picture editor you can lighten the area of springfield so you can see it better. I would do it but my pc is bust!!  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It'll be a first for me, playing with xml, but I'll take a stiff drink to embolden me and dive in!

Related question, are you up for any suggestions for further Homer related screens? For one, when you dial 999 with the phone locked, a confirmation screen pops up, maybe Homer's vigilante polie force could make an appearance?

Actually, now that I think about it, encouraging people to test that might get us both in trouble, but you see what I'm getting at? Are you up for further ideas for inclusion?

ive posted a tutorial on xml homescreen making.... it is pinned in the smartphone customization general discussion.

i do plan taking it further, i have replaced the orange banners for homer ones, ive skinned WMP and added a background to the start menu... however my pc will not boot up and i need a new hard disc fitted. thanks for the idea, ive never seen that screen customized so ill give it a shot. anything else? i think i can add a background to the contacts screen.

thanks, Wal

easy mate i hate to be a pain but i cant seem to get the border around the clock or the hour markings, please could ya point me in the right direction.

all the best for the new year & many thanx.

sno

Guest pauleden
easy mate i hate to be a pain but i cant seem to get the border around the clock or the hour markings, please could ya point me in the right direction.

all the best for the new year & many thanx.

sno

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is what I'm getting, if it's any help...

post-161804-1136049020_thumb.jpg

Hmm... The only thing I can think of is to open the xml and under the rjtime stuff look for "drawring=" and change it to yes or true(the opposite of whats there )

Sorry guys just hoping I can get my pc fixed soon. Happy new year lads

hi

i`ve got an i-mate sp5, i`ve downloaded this but i get the following message "installation was unsuccessful. the program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permission"

any ideas? or is this not for a sp5

cheers

hi

i`ve got an i-mate sp5, i`ve downloaded this but i get the following message "installation was unsuccessful. the program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permission"

any ideas? or is this not for a sp5

cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try to search "unlock SP5" in this forum. 8)

PS Sorry for offtopic. =)

And my question is - why I can`t see theme in list of avalible themes?

I`ve did all points that declarated in additional .txt, but it does`t work. :-(

PS Device - Qtek 8310

Edited by RaKoT

yup...as rakot said you need to app unlock your sp5.

Rakot... using active sync explore, go to Storage\Application Data\Home and see if all the Homer Simpson images and homer simpson xml is there

Guest Bokkiej
most welcome! ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice theme! I've changed the brightness of the Springfield part a bit and the font colors to make it more clear (in the original my Calendar was hardly readable) and I've added the border around the clock (which involved changing a 'no' in a 'yes'). Thanks!!

yup...as rakot said you need to app unlock your sp5.

Rakot... using active sync explore, go to Storage\Application Data\Home and see if all the Homer Simpson images and homer simpson xml is there

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope.. :?:

There is no App.Data\Home folder on Storage...

But same path exist in the root of device.. And files not present there too.

Maybe I must just copy needed files to that folder, or create this path (\storage\application data\home) on storage card and it will be work? :??:

Ok? I`ll just try it! :-)

Upd. Hm... I`ve mistake... I look at \storage card, not just \storage folder - in \storage folder needed folder and files are exist... But it still not visible on the list.

PS Sorry, my english is not so good... :|

Edited by RaKoT

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.