There goes my memory card again....

I have had a rather annoying niggle with my M500. It has happened 3 times so far in the space of two months. Completely at random, the phone can freeze up - sometimes with the hourglass sometimes without. The only way to clear it is to do a soft reset.

After the soft reset I am greeted by the sight of a nice clean SD card with only one folder on it "Inbox.mst29756836.3675645". Nice! :) So each time I have to go about reinstalling my software, ringtones, movies, videos etc. Has anyone else suffered this kind of problem? The card is not faulty - I used it for over a year with my old pocket pc with no problems. It's a 1Gb 66x speed SD (unbranded as it was supplied with CoPilot). Any advice would be most welcome!

• 1 month later...
Guest sleighty

I've just suffered similar if not same problem. Look at the memory settings (Start:Settings:System:Memory) and click Storage Card tab. When I did this it showed my card still had all the files on it as it was nearly full, but they seemed to be hidden. I couldn't find a way to access them, the only file showing was the same as yours. I put my card in my laptop card reader and had same result, but eventually showed them by clicking "show all files" . then it worked fine again. It wasn't quite that simple but I can't remember the exact steps. You would need an SD card reader to do this of course.

If this doesn't help at least take comfort in knowing you're not the only one to suffer at the hands of an M500!

Guest jimbouk

Sleighty's comments suggest that the device thought that all the files were "hidden"

If thats the case, just click and hold the stylus whilst anywhere on a blank bit of screen in file explorer and select "show all files". Then you will see any files the system thinks are hidden.

Thanks for the replies! I ended up fixing it by going through the rather drastic method of reformatting my SD card using File Explorer then reinstalling all my software. Touch wood - it's been fine ever since, not one hint of a problem! ;)