PocketSNES 1.53

Guest masterall

Guest hyperatrisk
Love using pocketsnes, been playing zelda and chronotrigger all day overclocked and with the wm6 upgrade sound is great in zelda good in chrono so I play with it here and there, no freezes so far.. can't wait to try pocketnester with mario bros :D great job on putting the info for pocketsnes up here and working on it!

Hi guys, im kinda new to all this, ive read multiple different scorses on the pocketSNES but i cant get anything to work. i have an htc 6800 w/ us cellular, ive installed all the files said to be necessary for the program to work, but everything fails. Ive been looking everywhere and usually avoid bothering people, but i really need help. ive downloaded and installed the tgdll file thing, and installed, but still nothing. can anyone guid me with step by step directions? thanks

Guest postalp

Having the strangest prob with this emulator...

Runs great with every display mode except "Landscape Right" (Even Landscape Left works fine) but with the right mode, the emu crashes once I load/resume a game.

Any ideas?

Guest srbbnd

These emulators do no work on BJ2 running WM6. Do not waste your time like I did if you have a BJ2 running wm6. :D Just thought I would try to save some people the trouble.

Guest radvin721
Hi guys, im kinda new to all this, ive read multiple different scorses on the pocketSNES but i cant get anything to work. i have an htc 6800 w/ us cellular, ive installed all the files said to be necessary for the program to work, but everything fails. Ive been looking everywhere and usually avoid bothering people, but i really need help. ive downloaded and installed the tgdll file thing, and installed, but still nothing. can anyone guid me with step by step directions? thanks

Make sure you have enough memory available, it needs a lot to run. You have the same amount of RAM that I have on my Pantech Duo. If I am running media player, and try to run pocketSNES, it crashes. But if I free the RAM it usually can run. Then there's the problem of games it can run...I can't get one of my favorites to run..Super Metroid...but it will run F-Zero and Zelda III, for example.

Guest mikeeey

super metroid you cannot have auto frameskip turned on. then it should work. my girlfriend has a pantech duo and I'm going to install pocketSnes on it tomorrow. I'm just pissed that her Pantech is faster than my tilt!

Guest nothin
super metroid you cannot have auto frameskip turned on. then it should work. my girlfriend has a pantech duo and I'm going to install pocketSnes on it tomorrow. I'm just pissed that her Pantech is faster than my tilt!

my tilt

oh, is it ego or what.

you are funny guy, mikeeey, years are passin by, and you(and whole mass of other forum users) still cannot imagine, that these trendy machines usually suxx..

if it is not working, OR working bad, usually your machine suxx, and/or your knowledge is too low. emus are ok novadays, yet some regions are still OUT of ppc/sm world.

so imagine this, newbs, wealthy guys at last.

cheap, old machine will kill your supernew/trendy s*** in emus, so go for it and stop moan.

there are many GOOD emus for good machines, so just stop this mess.

cant you see regress or what.

and yes, i WANT ps3 emu for my fockin timex watch, yeah, right.

3 yrs ago i had, for <75$, 300 mhz/400 mhz(XSCALE), 64 mb mem, wm03 machine, and i had psnes with full, 44.1 khz, max quality sound in chrono trigger(try this on yer machines)..beat this with your trendy, expensive machine.

greetz for n0p...btw.

Edited by nothin

Guest mikeeey

lol n0p then let me correct myself, the qualcomm processor sucks. htc screwed us over the the 7xxx qualcomm series. If the kaiser had a 624mhz Xscale processor the thing would fly by!

yeah i know i get what your saying, but a qualcomm device is an exception, have you read what's going on an htcclassaction.org?

Guest nothin
have you read what's going on an htcclassaction.org?

nope, i will look there...

upd: yup i did, and all i can say... wait for this, i doubt it will be done, btw, BUT what it has to snes emu rofl...

are there gfxaccelerated emus, but pocketgba and(MAYBE) fpsce?

you don't think, that driver is able to solve shitty qualcomm cpu shameness?? Oo

nothing will beat xscale, nothing for now.

Edited by nothin

Guest johnambler41577

For those wanting to run Super Metroid using PocketSNES 1.53 on a Tmobile Dash...

I wanted to share my experience with others that may have had the same problem. I am using a Tmobile Dash/Excaliber and before when I used PocketSNES 1.53 I was unable to open Super Metroid or Terranigma... I would get to the first screen or two then it would hang up. Well I tried running Avalon5's SmartSNES V2 and the games open up (with split screen of course). Well when I exit and try to open both games in 1.53 they are now running without any problems so far! I will investigate a little closer but now I can finally enjoy some fullscreen Super Metroid and Terranigma on my Dash... Sweet !!!

Guest mikeeey
nope, i will look there...

upd: yup i did, and all i can say... wait for this, i doubt it will be done, btw, BUT what it has to snes emu rofl...

are there gfxaccelerated emus, but pocketgba and(MAYBE) fpsce?

you don't think, that driver is able to solve shitty qualcomm cpu shameness?? Oo

nothing will beat xscale, nothing for now.

no I'm not trying to say a driver will fix snes, im just trying to let you know that my 2007-2008 device is worse than the HTC Wizzard from what.. 2004? 2005?

I just wanted you to read that, so you have an idea of the technology of 2008 lol. HTC is using less powerful devices.

Guest nothin
I just wanted you to read that, so you have an idea of the technology of 2008 lol. HTC is using less powerful devices.

but battery stands longer... this is the point of htc phoneppc's, probably..

ok, end of ot...

Guest mikeeey
but battery stands longer... this is the point of htc phoneppc's, probably..

ok, end of ot...

well, i really cant compare the battery cause I've never owned a wizzard, but my tilt has the worst battery of all phone's I've ever used (of corse this is because it has a big screen and such). How fast did the wizzard loose battery? If i go a whole day (7am - 10pm) without charging it will be at about 20% or less. fortunately I always have it plugged it. If I use the GPS for 20 - 30 minutes at 100% battery it will be down to 60% when I'm done.

again, I really dont know if this is good or bad (sounds bad to me), but I havn't had another device to compare this too (except my t-mobile sda smartphone).

Guest radvin721

Mikeeey, sorry man, it still doesn't work. Any ideas? Yeah the duo is fast. Use it for personal and work. Great tool. Just need my super metroid so I can show my iPhone friends...wuahahaha..

thx

Guest mikeeey
Mikeeey, sorry man, it still doesn't work. Any ideas? Yeah the duo is fast. Use it for personal and work. Great tool. Just need my super metroid so I can show my iPhone friends...wuahahaha..

thx

make sure sound is enabled...also might wanna disable or enable transparency effects. otherwise i dont know, lol, maybe a different rom?

Guest reegor
These emulators do no work on BJ2 running WM6. Do not waste your time like I did if you have a BJ2 running wm6. :D Just thought I would try to save some people the trouble.

If you are referring to the Samsung Blackjack II, then my experience is the opposite of yours. I've been playing Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Final Fantasy 2, Final Fantasy 3, Final Fantasy 5, and Harvest Moon on my Blackjack II at good speeds (with no sound of course) since January.

• 1 month later...
Guest Viralata

Hi there

I ahve a SGH i321n, it start Chrono, but turn in a dark screen when i enter in the Church, the same happens in zelda when i enter in some doors in the castle...

Sorry the poor english =/

Edited by Viralata

Hi there

I ahve a SGH i321n, it start Chrono, but turn in a dark screen when i enter in the Church, the same happens in zelda when i enter in some doors in the castle...

Sorry the poor english =/

Uncheck transparency effects in th display options, this should do the job. You can re-enable it later.

hello i fave a htc touch diamond. my favorit snes games are the mario series & they work perfect & mystic quest.... here i have a problem i load the roam the first screen apers and runs (the animation that shows the title "Mystic Quest") then sometimes some squares apear (as folti img) or the screen comes black and i can't do nothing , i even have to reset my htc so i can enter the emulator again

PLS HELP i woul realy want to play mistic quest

Guest knuckles3

I downloaded this 1.53 version for my phone which has a TI OMAP850 - 200 MHz ARM926EJ-S + GSM/GPRS digital baseband + stacked EDGE co-processor, and it works great the only problem I have is that my phone is pure touch screen and in the version it appears that the touch button user interface has been removed. Will that ever be put back in?

Guest davee50ae

All right. Good post. I got the same phone (moto q9m) and finally got snes to work(version 1.53). Few things, display,just like pocketnester and picodrive on my phone as well,stay in portrait,which forces me to turn my device to the left,it sux but doable. Next is the speed,tweaked options that you suggested but didnt really do anything. I like sound as well and will not do without it. If anyone knows any speed hacks or programs to free up

dynamic memory for while emulator is running would be nice. Speed on snes is just to slow for me to enjoy playing the games, my nes and genesis emulators run fast so i dont get it. Help.

All right. Good post. I got the same phone (moto q9m) and finally got snes to work(version 1.53). Few things, display,just like pocketnester and picodrive on my phone as well,stay in portrait,which forces me to turn my device to the left,it sux but doable. Next is the speed,tweaked options that you suggested but didnt really do anything. I like sound as well and will not do without it. If anyone knows any speed hacks or programs to free up

dynamic memory for while emulator is running would be nice. Speed on snes is just to slow for me to enjoy playing the games, my nes and genesis emulators run fast so i dont get it. Help.

Depends on your rom version. Is it WM 6.0 or 6.1 ? A cooked rom ? Try to update it if possible, maybe this will fix that. Anyway, I don't know what type of processor your device uses but if it's not a qualcomm, just try pocket hack master or battery status, both having an overclocking module.

hello i fave a htc touch diamond. my favorit snes games are the mario series & they work perfect & mystic quest.... here i have a problem i load the roam the first screen apers and runs (the animation that shows the title "Mystic Quest") then sometimes some squares apear (as folti img) or the screen comes black and i can't do nothing , i even have to reset my htc so i can enter the emulator again

PLS HELP i woul realy want to play mistic quest

Try another rom for this game, if possible. Depending on where you got it from, it may be corrupted.

Guest phantomwolf13

Any word on pocketSNES on the Motorola Q9h? Has anyone gotten masterall's pocketSNES version 1.52 to not have the right part of the screen on the left, or gotten version 1.53 not to have a garbled-looking screen? I think it's been almost a year since the Q 9h (Q global) came out, and still no fix to this problem...

As a summary, here's what pocketSNES is like on the moto Q9h:

1. The only version of pocketSNES (or any snes emulator for that matter) that will work is masterall's.

2. version 1.52 displays mostly correctly except that the right-most portion of the screen is on the left... probably as a result of the 20 or so "random" pixels at the left on the topmost line.

3. version 1.53 displays a garbled, mixed-up image, which I beleive is actually 20 small screens packed 5 across and 4 down.

4. no graphics settings or configurations correct either of these problems. (in pocketNesterPlus -- the (original) nintendo emulator, you can check the option "Show all 240 scanlines) in the graphics options to get it to display correctly).

5. some claim that the problem is due to the way the video memory is set up on the processor in the Q9h (see http://www.everythingq.com/forum/moto-q-9h/garbled-screen-in-pocketsnes-q9h-memory-problem-25170.html and http://www.modaco.com/content/q-q-modaco-c...9h/#entry901879)

6. Nobody seems to have any solution to this yet!!

Maybe it's just me, but it seems version 1.52 was pretty close (closer than 1.53)... would it be possible to somehow just get rid of those first 20 or so pixels on that top row in v1.52, so that the rest of the screen lines up correctly? anyone (masterall?) care to comment on the feasibility of this? I have a technical background but no experience in emulation programming or any programming on mobile devices for that matter.