PocketSNES 1.53

Guest masterall

Guest zfunk007

I just meant that my phone will crash equally at 252 and 264Mhz (although it only crashes 1 time in every 20 or so). So I figured why not just use the higher one. I don't think it has any detrimental effects on the phone. Just makes the batteries drain faster. I've even been able to get it to run at 276Mhz but it's unstable. So 264Mhz seems to be the perfect setting. For me anyway..

Edited by zfunk007

Guest doudz

hey !!!

concerning the screen size: when i'm in landscape, the scale of the image is not good (too width)...(like the game screen is in 16/9 instead of staying 4/3)

Did you plan to make pocketsnes running sfx games like yoshi island?

plus i change the icon you put for it, I switch with this one http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/20089531/

I can post the *.ico i made (or the modified pocketsnes.exe) if some of you guys want to....

to finish masterall I can't wait anymore to see you're pocketgbadvance !!! cause the first release don't run on my spv c600...

cheers

Edited by doudz

Guest masterall
hey !!!

concerning the screen size: when i'm in landscape, the scale of the image is not good (too width)...(like the game screen is in 16/9 instead of staying 4/3)

Did you plan to make pocketsnes running sfx games like yoshi island?

plus i change the icon you put for it, I switch with this one http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/20089531/

I can post the *.ico i made (or the modified pocketsnes.exe) if some of you guys want to....

to finish masterall I can't wait anymore to see you're pocketgbadvance !!! cause the first release don't run on my spv c600...

cheers

In Landscape mode, the display is not stretched, which is 256x224. The super fx chip is added in the new version, which is debugging currently. Would you upload the icon? It may be add to PocketSnes if others also like it.

The current version of pocketgbadvance is slower than pocketGBA. I will release a version support all size of screens when its optimize is finished.

Guest MorphyPL

You're the best man!

Just can't wait for pocketGBAdvance!! I know that its gonna be great!!

You're only man for this work :)

Guest Disco Stu

Guys, I have no experience of emulators so could someone kindly help out member smilecube :

Hello, I am a Korean.

I who is a remote country person in overlook here chapter of public ownership that is really desirable be

My smartphone kinds of machine is Samsung relationship M600 selling in the Korea.

By the way, there is big problem to turn snes in my kinds of machine.

There is no problem to moves and executes program.

However, open Rom file do and do not come out if it is just any anger if does 'Done' practice and turns off.

This appears equally in all emulator plains that differ and not problem that appear in snes

Really gloomy. Because it is Gippeunil so to turn Emul in phone.

So, is hopeless ....

Help by all means

I tried attempt that is much by various method. However, compared to drummers who come to here I

I think that would try basic thing.

Help certainly I will be waiting ^^*

It is M600's specification that is my kinds of machine.

M600

2005/12

CDMA2000 1x/EVDO

Windows Mobile 2003 SE for SmartPhone

Intel Bulverde (520MHz)

MSM6500

Memory Main :

2.2" 262K Color TFT LCD (240?┐320)

200Mega Camera,

BlueTooth,

MiniSD, irda

I'd be very grateful. Cheers :)

Guest snear

hi

can i first of all say thanks for this version on pocket snes

i didnt think id ever be ab le to play snes on my phone:D

only thing is the sound will not work:(

i am running it on a t-mobile sda2

is there anyway to get the sound working?

Guest stred
well it is true on C600 you cannot use RIGHT landscape. only left works.

i can confirm the same problem in my new qtek8310... sadly when i choose landscape RIGHT the emulator just exits when i load a rom... if you can masterall plzzz fix this glitch cause landscape RIGHT is my prefered mode.thnks for your great work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest profjekyll

Hi guys, I am running PocketSnes on an Orange SPV M600... I am finding that the software loads up, but after starting a rom although the screen does show SOME animation, it is all distored (as if the refresh rate is too much, similar to when you set your PC resolution to 1600 x 1200 on a 15" monitor...).

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance 8)

Guest masterall
Hi guys, I am running PocketSnes on an Orange SPV M600... I am finding that the software loads up, but after starting a rom although the screen does show SOME animation, it is all distored (as if the refresh rate is too much, similar to when you set your PC resolution to 1600 x 1200 on a 15" monitor...).

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance 8)

It may cause by the structure of the framebuffer of M600. Do you have the same problem with some other emulator?

Guest profjekyll
It may cause by the structure of the framebuffer of M600. Do you have the same problem with some other emulator?

GnuBoy works well, but I havn't tried any other emulators of PAL or other TV based systems... can you mention any others I could try?

Guest Pop2k

Hey there!

First off, thanks a lot for the continued work on this! Having the SNES play at full speed on our little phones is truly awesome. ;)

Sadly I seem to have some compatibility issues that the earlier versions (1.39 and some non-qvga-yet-full-speed version of which I don't know the actual version number) didn't have.

Games that still run:

On the ball

Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse (finally at full speed, sweet :D )

Bomberman 2

AS Galaga (NES hack)

Games that don't run anymore:

Zelda 3 (yes I know, others report it runs but it sure doesn't on my phone :) )

Choplifter 3

Super Aleste

The Firemen

Super Parodious

All those roms used to work under the 2 earlier versions I had used and under a PC based emu, so I'd say they're ok. They're all non-zipped.

I've tried a re-dl of the pocketsnes.exe and tgetfile.dll, tried all roms with sound on/off, transparency on/off, deleted all savegames ... but no success. B)

The games load but pocketsnes hangs after 1 - 3 seconds (either black or title screen showing).

What's realy bad though is that when pocketsnes hangs, the only way to regain full control over my phone is to launch the camera, then reboot the phone. I can't even kill the hanging pocketsnes app through the taskmanager as that one then hangs too.

The phone is a C600, no overclock, no other software running in the background (at least not from what taskmanager tells me).

Anyway, all help is appreciated and I'm looking forward to further versions of this great app.

Thanks! :)

Edited by Pop2k

Guest kevinsephiroth
Hey there!

The phone is a C600, no overclock, no other software running in the background (at least not from what taskmanager tells me).

Anyway, all help is appreciated and I'm looking forward to further versions of this great app.

Thanks! :)

well i also have a C600 and it's the same for me, zelda 3 doesn't work (as the right landscape mode)...

Guest Darric

First off, masterall thank you so much for an excellent update. It seems to run well on my i-mate SP5, though admittedly I'veonly tried Chrono Trigger and FF6, my two favourite SNES games. Music was noticeably slow initially, but I've OMAPclocked my phone to 240mhz and it seems fine now.

Only glitch I've noticed is with FF6 on the world map: When I'm running on certain terrain I get vertical tile streaking, like it's loading the map from the wrong portion of the world. There was a good picture of it that someone else was experiencing too, a round about page 3.

My only request is if you could please add an in-emu volume control. It seems I only have the option of no audio or too loud at the moment. :)

Otherwise, a job well done. Thanks again!

Darric

Guest CoDaMo

sorry...i am new to SP, what do you guys mean by over clocking?

what do you guys mention about the 252mhz or 264mhz? where to set it?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lindopski

all I seem to be able to do is load up pocket Snes , choose a rom , do the tget file business etc and it then attempts to load the rom then kicks to the main screen again , every go. remove masteralls version stick paralax back on and it works fine with no sound.

I am using a C550 has anyone got a tip to get around this or shall I try it at xmas when I buy the C700

Guest fguzmant

Hello,

When I try to play Super Mario World the background is gone, I try changing all display options but it doesn't work, do you know something about this error?. I have a Sierra Voq A11.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gmrnguyen

hi i just had just dowloaded pocketsnes n install itonto my samsung i300. it opens up fine but i can't seem to load roms. does any one know what the problem might be?

Guest doudz

yep, I know what the problem can be... do you know how to read? cause their were many answers for this question... a lot of people like don't even read the first post.... it's so sad....

so my advice is .... READ THE TOPIC AND DON'T ASK STUPID QUESTIONS !!!!

Guest obiwan

Ok this is wierd. Anyone notice that there are cheats enabled? When running Breath of Fire 1 on PocketSnes 1.12 it plays just fine.. though no sound. But when I run it on 1.52 all of a sudden all my attacks do 999 damage and I get 9999 experience. While I like to use cheats sometimes I'd like the option to not use them as well.

Also Masterall, are you around. I still am wondering if you're going to release the source for this version?

Edited by obiwan