Got the I-mate rom on my QTEK!

Guest liquidsg

Guest liquidsg

I have the 8300 but I am sure this process will work on either phones. It is rather painless

1. Head over here and grab that zip file. Spv-Developers Tool

2. Extract those files to a folder.

3. Connect your phone via active sync

4. Copy then run the cert.cab from your phone

5. Launch the .exe from the files

6. Click the link CID Tool and it should tell you that the CID's been changed.

Now you can put the ROM on. I have had no problems with the rom. Wi-Fi and everything else seem to work fine.

Guest liquidsg
now you should think about joining clubimate  :roll:  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol if i could i would...i dont like qteks support at all, unfortunatly i cant join club imate b/c the imei wont work on registration.

Guest liquidsg
that must be the reason why, the imate SP5 costs abit more than the qtek 8310

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

true good thinking i should have done some more studying first. . . ](*,)

Guest boyo69
I have the 8300 but I am sure this process will work on either phones. It is rather painless

1. Head over here and grab that zip file. Spv-Developers Tool

2. Extract those files to a folder.

3. Connect your phone via active sync

4. Copy then run the cert.cab from your phone

5. Launch the .exe from the files

6. Click the link CID Tool and it should tell you that the CID's been changed.

Now you can put the ROM on. I have had no problems with the rom. Wi-Fi and everything else seem to work fine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep, loading now on my Qtek 8310.............uploading fine after following the instructions above !!!

will report back in a minute.............39%

Guest nitramk
yep, loading now on my Qtek 8310.............uploading fine after following the instructions above !!!

will report back in a minute.............39%

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I succeed with this too! Perfect!

Does ayone now if we'll be able to load the original qtek aku 2 update do our devices when it comes?

Guest iJITSU

The SP5 ROM works fine on the Cingular 2125 as well. Been using it for days with no problems. In fact, it has better overall performance than the Cingular ROM.

Guest Marcel A

The cert.cab installed correctly, but whem I run SPVServices.exe he say that SPVServices is not a valid Windows CE application

Suggestions ?

Edited by Marcel A

Guest John Smith
The cert.cab installed correctly, but whem I run SPVServices.exe he say that SPVServices is not a valid Windows CE application

Suggestions ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Run it on computer not in phone :??:

Guest liquidsg
ai ai stupid of me ;)

Just got home with a jetlag ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hahah...i think that there should be no problem installing the qtek update when it comes out.

Guest liquidsg
I have problem with installation of Cert.cab - access is denied. Does anybody know how it can be solved?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is your phone application unlocked?

Guest soiuke
is your phone application unlocked?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just a little question: how can we unlock this? (please try to explain that in less than 100 words, and easy way ;) )

Tx.

Guest liquidsg
Just a little question: how can we unlock this? (please try to explain that in less than 100 words, and easy way  ;)  )

Tx.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check out how to do it here. Short version...Download the SDA Unlocker, plug ur fone in and hit the magic button and it should be done. The progam may say it failed then say it was a success as this happened to me. Don't worry because it probly worked. Give your phone a reset and you should be done!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest terryrocks

I cant get the cert.cab to install successfully, i get an error saying that I have insufficient permissions. I ran the SDA Unlocker but the cert.cab still won't install successfully.

I have a Qtek 8310 and I want to update the firmware so that I can get push email, but the latest Qtek firmware won't update on my device - I'm guessing it's because it's not a "brightpoint" device. Thus, I figured I could just use the SP5 rom on my phone, but the cert.cab won't install ;)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Guest raffael

hey..

i tried to update my qtek 8310, cert was successfully installed, but when i start the rom update, the program shows an error:

error [294] invalid vender id

so i don

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...