Guest w411y

[1703]FamilyGuy_Screenshot.gif

File Name :: w411y - Family Guy

Author :: w411y

Category :: Smartphone Homescreens QVGA

Description ::

NOT WM5 COMPATIBLE YET

Instructions

1. Download *.rar as usual and unpack using WinRar or chosen app.

2. Copy XML and JPG over to \Storage\Application Data\Home or for WM5 its \Application Data\Home as normal

3. To get the extra screens, copy the cab file included in the RAR over to your phone anywhere (I chose Storage\My Documents). Now load up Smart Explorer or File Explorer if you do not have Smart Explorer. Go to Storage\My Documents (or wherever you put the cab) and run the cab. File will install and then reset for phone for all changes to take place.

NOTE…. Phone must be app unlocked to be able to run the cab for extra screens.

Also note this has also only been tested on a C550

Updated Fri, Mar 31 2006 8:32 am

View File

Guest w411y
Nice work  ;)

BBC2 are showing 2 episodes this very night !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh I watched them. Shame they show it so late really. My brother got most the DVDs and the ones he havn't got Im borrowing from a friend in school so I'm sorted ;)

Cheers mini_man :(

Guest pedroms1

As anyone tried this yet? I've tried this twice and it screwed my phone. I've hard reseted the phone both times. In the second try, the phone was only unlocked, there was nothing installed.

Has it happened to anyone else??

Guest w411y
I'm just wondering who amy big tats is, ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LMAO... good spotting! Met a girl at a party and she typed her number into my phone and I said "But I know loads of Amys I'm bound to forget" to which she replied "You won't forget these babe" and stuck her name as that haha Good spotting though fairplay ;)

As anyone tried this yet? I've tried this twice and it screwed my phone. I've hard reseted the phone both times.  In the second try, the phone was only unlocked, there was nothing installed.

Has it happened to anyone else??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Someone else tried my Vista screen on a WM5 device and had no such luck. I am looking into a fix for WM5 so fingers crossed it won't be long. Also I dont believe a hard reset was needed. The guy who tried my Vista screen managed to uninstall the cab over activesync I think. Sorry about that Pedroms but thanks for trying I appreciate that.

Edited by w411y

• 2 months later...
Guest b35ty

Hey W411y, please help, i'm very new at this!

I've got the homescreen working, but what is a cab file? I assume it's something .cab, but a can't find one in the download. All there is is a jpg, the xml, a link to your website (which i will be using once i figure out how to do all this high-tech stuff), and a second rar, which contains a folder with another xml, and a bunch of files that i have no idea about :). Should i be doing with these? My phone asks me what program to open them with when i select it in File Manager, and i'm very confused.

Please help!

Thanks.

Guest w411y

The second .rar is actually the cab file. In WinRar .. make sure you untick .cab file in the association with this programme. That way you won't get confused in the future. Don't unpack the cab (second .rar), just copy and paste it to your phone (in any directory you want) then just open up file explorer (or smart explorer whatever you use) and find the cab file and just click on it. It will run and install the extra screens. To remove them, jsut go to Settings - Remove Programmes and find w411y - FamilyGuy and click remove :)

Please do not install the cab if your using WM5 (eg. C600, SP5/m Qtek 8310)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.