Orange prep SPV C700 and SPV M3100 for release

Guest Scoopz

Guest Pagemakers

I FAR prefer the smartphone OS to PPC.

My SP5 has been at the doctors last week to be fixed and I had to use my JasJar and I HATED it with a passion. SP5's home tomorrow :)

Guest shadamehr

Dare I go even more off topic with this, but as the debate has moved over to Nokias, let me have everyone cursing me by saying that for the last week, I have been playing around with a Nokia 6280 as my primary phone ("just to see").

And dare I even mutter it, but the only thing i have found lacking is the same old nokia series 40 issue of calendar items not sync'ing. It still can't, and probably never will, be possible to do logical repeats on a Series 40 Nokia (that is items that repeat a certain DAY of the month, like every third thursday, as opposed to by DATE of the month, i.e. every 23rd).

Were it not for this, I could get by with it as my main phone, so easy is everything else on it.

Now move on to, the N80... that's a GENUINE proposition...

'Cos that CAN do full logical repeats (though maybe still not creatable on the phone, but they can be sync'ed over from PC).

It has a truly beautiful screen - I was playing with one for real last night at the Bryan Adams concert (where I was backstage doing emergency radio comms to Stadium Control Room), with a resolution of 415x372 or similar. The three Megapixel camera, whilst not S.E. standard, is still a billion billion miles beyond ANY Windows based device camera- when will they EVER get that right, and stop playing catch up - the NEW Windows devices coming out, will have a 2MP camera, just when the key players are now jumping to 3.2 - this truly disappoints me with windows).

And it plays .wma files too now.

As well as 802.11g flavour wi-fi...

3G...

Quad Band GSM too...

EDGE...

uPnp with Media streaming inbuilt - how cool...

Document viewers etc...

Email attachment viewing...

And full any file format sending, even if not viewable on the phone...

Now... yes we KNOW its not a WINDOWS device...

But when can we finally start talking about other devices as being truly Smart smartphones...

Surely thats got to be it...?

Me wants one!

Guest Paul (MVP)

I had a N80 for about a week... still went back to my JAMin!

If you're a power PIM/mail user (as I am), then only Windows Mobile cuts it.

P

Guest Pagemakers

Against Paul's better advice I had an N60 (i think that's what its called).

Horrid thing. Cumbersome, slow, infuriating OS.

Guest Paul (MVP)

That was an N70 you had actually :)

It was horrible (I had one too to have a play with Orange TV), the N80 is miles better, but still not enough to make me switch camps...

P

Guest Pondrew
...the N80 is miles better, but still not enough to make me switch camps...

P

The day you switch camps Paul is the day we send a retrieval team to bring you back and undo the brain washing you've obviously come under... :)

Guest dearsina

Released in July, eh? Anybody care for a little gentleman's wager that we won't be seeing C700s until we see Xmas decorations in the shop windows?

Guest Paul (MVP)
Released in July, eh? Anybody care for a little gentleman's wager that we won't be seeing C700s until we see Xmas decorations in the shop windows?

LOL! :)

P

Guest sporkguy
That's a 'smartphone' not a 'Smartphone' actually... :)

P

I honestly can't see the big deal about a capital letter or not - they both perform smart tasks, they both have installable apps (usually by the same companies) - they both rock.

Guest Dr Who
Haha!

Having just this second played with a Hermes... I WANT! :)

P

How big did it feel in the hand.

(Hang on a minute, that sounds a bit ooo-er, sorry 'bout that).

Guest FragMeister
Interestingly, the specifications of the HTC Hermes are slightly tweaked for full release, with the addition of Start / OK hardware buttons, a MiniSD instead of a Transflash slot, and a Samsung processor boosted from 300MHz to 400MHz.

Paul,

From your recent contact with the Hermes can you confirm the memory card slot.

99% of articles say that the Hermes has a microSD (transflash) but then it was said at the start of this topic that it is a MINI-SD.

Well, I was about to leave Orange this week as I wanted a Vario.

If they are getting it, I may be tempted to stay?

in the same dilema as you.

Been looking at the FlexT & Web'n'Walk plans and find it more attractive than my current Select 750 on Orange.

But T still haven't got the best handsets and I know I would be gutted if I got the vario only for a better handset to turn up in a couple of weeks...

though don't want to miss out on the

So early August then <_<

Guest Monolithix (MVP)
I honestly can't see the big deal about a capital letter or not - they both perform smart tasks, they both have installable apps (usually by the same companies) - they both rock.

Pre-Windows Mobile, Microsoft's software on PDA's was called PocketPC, and on smartphones called Smartphone :)

Post-WM it became Windows Mobile for PPC and Windows Mobile for Smartphone...

Just FYI :)

Guest pd.ryder
Haha!

Having just this second played with a Hermes... I WANT! :)

P

Is a review on it's way? Did you get a 'release model' that's already been messed with by Orange or was it a propper HTC device? It'd be nice if it had miniSD - saves me having to buy a new card :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.