How to create/modify data connections?

Guest dragonaut

Guest dragonaut

I just bought the Q from a US user, and have everything working with my local provider, except for the data connections . When I try to access web or email, I get a "Login error: Ensure you have the correct login information and try again" error because I suppose the phone is still configured for verizon, but unlike my old mpx200, I can't change the connections parameters, like user, pwd, etc.

The manual specifies I should be able to create/modify connections, so I guess it is some limitation from Verizon. Another option should be to flash my Q with a 'generic' Windows Mobile version, but I have no clue on where to get one..

Thanks in advance! :)

Guest awarner (MVP)

It may be unlikely to get a generic version unless you can send it to Motorola, until other networks start selling it there only be the verizon version available.

Guest scottb

Telus (Canadian) also carries the Q, but I understand it's locked down even more than the Verizon version. I'm sure the data connections are buried in the registry somewhere, but there are no menu options to configure them (as you found out).

• 1 year later...
Guest 403jungle

I've got a telus(canadian) Moto Q. As far as i knew the data connection was in the following place.

settings>connections>proxy

I might mis understand what your looking for but from what i've read about this. You can connect to different networks based on these settings.