Orange unlimited data?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest Shaunfarris

I've just looked at the O2 data plans, and even they are cheaper than Orange now.

What the hell are O playing at.

Cant we get a petition going to batter O with.

Guest chucky.egg
Cant we get a petition going to batter O with.

Been tried before, and they didn't care anymore then than they do now

They're only offering this now because T-Mobile nicked so many of their customers.

Now they want to keep as many as they can by overcharging for something that is so poorly defined they can withdraw it later if it suits them.

Guest musicvan

Ready to jump ship to T-Mobile, I have been a orange customer for several years and waited for this "secret" 8/mth deal from Orange but its clouded in some mystery conditions! Strange way to run a business. The T-Mobile deal seems clear enough, 7.50/month unlimted! Can anybody tell me if I need to include it from day 1 for the full 12month contract or is it the same as the O World "deal" where it could be removed/added from during the 12months? Now only have to decide to get a wizard for wait for vario2...

Guest djboo

im probably moving over to tmobile now myself. web and walk is too good to turn down. my only worry is the reception - being locked into a 18 month contract when u cant even use a service is a bit of a worry. im wondering if any of you tmobile converts are in or around the portsmouth area - and how good the reception is - especially for 3g.

Guest Confucious

Try it first! You get 7 days to return if you order of the Web. I have no problem with reception on T but if you have no reception it doesn't matter how cheap it is!

Guest musicvan
im probably moving over to tmobile now myself. web and walk is too good to turn down. my only worry is the reception - being locked into a 18 month contract when u cant even use a service is a bit of a worry. im wondering if any of you tmobile converts are in or around the portsmouth area - and how good the reception is - especially for 3g.

Web n Walk is also available on a 12month plan, check out the relax plans on the t-mobile site, also offering 500 free texts per month. You lose out on the monthly allowance but at least you can upgrade 6 months earlier!

Hmmmm...Orange M3100 149 for phone at 25/month but no unlimted data or T-Mobile Vario 2 (if it appears without the strange purple keyboard but unlimited data at 7.50/month) ????

Web n Walk is also available on a 12month plan, check out the relax plans on the t-mobile site, also offering 500 free texts per month. You lose out on the monthly allowance but at least you can upgrade 6 months earlier!

Hmmmm...Orange M3100 149 for phone at 25/month but no unlimted data or T-Mobile Vario 2 (if it appears without the strange purple keyboard but unlimited data at 7.50/month) ????

Just spent an hour on the phone with a very helpful lady at retentions.

I'm currently on Select 750 (750 xnet mins and 120 texts matching 3) for

Edited by Saif

Guest Wozbacca

yeah, i was tempted to swap to PAYG then back again, but then you lose some of your negotiatable "weight" to throw around when it comes to upgrade time.

so far i've managed to avoid paying for an upgrade for the last 4 years, so if you start up a new account they will probably forget about how long you've been with orange and how much of a loyal customer you are.

i just hate the fact that you have to threaten to leave orange before they'll do anything to help.

Guest Dr Who

The lady I just got at retentions was a lot LESS helpful. I am on a similar tariff on two different handsets with a massive overspend on one nearly every month. Said the M3100 wasn't available 'until August'. When I pointed out it was available for new customers she said she couldn't give me a price until it was on the upgrades system.

I then asked about the data. The Panther tariffs come with offpeak data only. She didn't have a Scooby about the

yeah, i was tempted to swap to PAYG then back again, but then you lose some of your negotiatable "weight" to throw around when it comes to upgrade time.

so far i've managed to avoid paying for an upgrade for the last 4 years, so if you start up a new account they will probably forget about how long you've been with orange and how much of a loyal customer you are.

i just hate the fact that you have to threaten to leave orange before they'll do anything to help.

my sentiments exactly....

but have no real leverage at the moment at T are still lagging behind on device release... once T release it then you have a real stick to beat O with.

heres to hoping etc...

The lady I just got at retentions was a lot LESS helpful. I am on a similar tariff on two different handsets with a massive overspend on one nearly every month. Said the M3100 wasn't available 'until August'. When I pointed out it was available for new customers she said she couldn't give me a price until it was on the upgrades system.

I then asked about the data. The Panther tariffs come with offpeak data only. She didn't have a Scooby about the

Did she say it was ok to do this?

no she didn't... but I will be asking her if she comes up with the goods.

The minimum I will try to do is document how she got it or which teams she had to speak to to make it happen...

all speculative at the moment...

just spoke to T and they have a release date of the 16th for the Vario II!!! another week... what a palava!

Guest musicvan

Just off the phone to Orange upgrades, mentioned the M3100 and they were surprised to see it had been released on the web site as they do not have a release date, so it appears that new customers might be able to get one but existing customers will have to wait! All they said was call back in 12-48hours as it usually appears after the direct sales site is updated..Also mentioned that I was thinking about moving to t-mobile for the 7.50/mth unlimited data offer and asked if the mythical 8/mth orange deal exists but was told no the only unlimted package was 75 pounds/month for "off-peak" wap! Said the t-mobile deal sounded very good! Might wait a couple of days to see if the M3100 actually is available....

I think you're right...

give it a couple of days and see if things change or not...

to be honest it all hinges on the data plan... though O clearly do not match the Flext plans properly.

In peoples experience how late do T tend to be on releasing phones? the date I got was the 16th so reckon it would be out the following week...

I just wish these things would happen faster!

oh well

Guest pete.major

I saw the M3100 on the website.

I'm currently on O2, so I called Orange CS (Sales) and asked about the M3100. The operator said it was not available yet. I mentioned it was on the site and she said "Well so it is! Ok, would you like to buy the phone then?" :) I asked about the data plans - she mentioned only the crap bundles...

I asked to be put through to the data department to clarify whether there is an unlimited data plan. They put me through to a nice guy who said there is NO unlimited plan except for the panther deal.

When I asked whether they have a price match policy and how that applies to WnW he said they only match tarrifs "when there is enough requests" and that "not enough people have phoned about data tarif prices" to register on the radar. A bit surprising from listening to the posts on here.

Anyway, I guess it's time to wait for tmobile next week...

Guest NikLP
"when there is enough requests"

This, surely, is a call to arms for every single member of this forum and potentially any Orange customer who knows his stuff?

I smell a mutiny...

Actually, sod that, I'll just say it out loud. Can't we just have some sort of bare-faced uprising and be done with this lot once and for all?

Guest NikLP

Well this is it, isn't it. I'd rather stay on Orange cos they have better handsets, and earlier, usually (or at least with some frequency).

I think it's about time someone kicked them in the nuts, cos I'm pretty bored of being treated like a mug, especially when it's "that time of year" like it is now, and I'm getting the same crap about new customers' preferential treatment and STILL crap bandwidth charges.

Guest pete.major
This, surely, is a call to arms for every single member of this forum and potentially any Orange customer who knows his stuff?

I forgot to say... so when he said about not enough requests a light went on in my head - I was thinking ooh I know where I can THESE people.. I said, "So how many requests are needed to justify a price match? A hundred, a thousand, a million?"

There was a pause and he said, "Uhh I don't know the exact number. That's not for me to say."

Ha ha. Oh well it was worth a try.

Guest hotphil
Well this is it, isn't it. I'd rather stay on Orange cos they have better handsets, and earlier, usually (or at least with some frequency).

I've not really noticed it - do Orange really release handsets that much earlier than other networks? Surely not by more than a couple of weeks? The question is, is it worth the wait? Whenever you take the plunge (and for whichever handset) something better is always around the corner.... Personally. I have no particular brand loyalty, I've stuck with Orange for many years because they offered the best mix of handset, customer service and tariff for me. Now when I look around they seem to have lost it on all 3 counts!

Edited by hotphil

Guest Pondrew

The providers pretty much take turns to be first to release a device. Orange never released the HTC Wizard (SPV M3000) in the UK while O2 and T-Mobile did (T-Mobile's MDA Vario being first in that case).

O2 UK never released the HTC Magician (O2 XDA Mini) while both Orange and T-Mobile did (T-Mobile first again with their MDA Compact with Orange releasing the SPV M500 months later!).

Meanwhile Orange are currently the only provider in the UK to have released the HTC Prophet (SPV M600). T-Mobile to their credit were the only provider to release the lesser featured HTC Charmer (MDA Compact II).

Meanwhile the HTC Tornado Smartphone is currently only available from O2 Business and Vodafone Business so as you can see it pretty much swings in roundabouts... :)

Back on topic, for those coming into the thread at the end, it seems obvious now that there is NO unlimited data what so ever on Orange. Orange Panther offers unlimited OFF PEAK data. The

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.