HTC MTeoR - I've got mine!

Guest Pagemakers

Guest Pagemakers

Well there's good and bad news...

I've finally got the HTC MTeoR but it's been delivered to my home and I'm away in the States on a trip until Friday :)

However, if you have any questions about this phone or comparisons with any of the phones I've had please ask away!

Guest Dr Who
Yea I know if does not have wifi but I have a real need for 3G and will use this feature far more than wifi.

Are you using this with TMob, Pagemakers? In which case wifi is a lot less of a need!

Guest Pagemakers

Yes, and one of it's primary purposes is to be a modem for my laptop. I also have a sling player and will use 3G to stream my Sky box to my phone.

To be honest, I never really used wifi on my SP5

Well there's good and bad news...

I've finally got the HTC MTeoR but it's been delivered to my home and I'm away in the States on a trip until Friday :)

However, if you have any questions about this phone or comparisons with any of the phones I've had please ask away!

I reckon a comparison to the SP5 would kewl, size, speed, sound you know the drill ;)

thanks

gR

PS- Bet u can't wait till Friday!!

Guest Pagemakers

No. My business partner has got a Vario. For me it's too big and I don't like the OS. Much prefer Smartphones.

He loves his though and will probably buy one.

Guest Looby

As from today the complete centre of Norwich has Wi-Fi. This is the future. I also use Sony in-ear phones with my SP5 (like listening to hi-fi) and have the option of using

Edited by Looby

Guest Pagemakers

If wifi free in Norwich?

Sadly, Norwich is only a small part of the globe so for me 3G beats wifi every time.

MteoR is EDGE enabled (if you find it faster than 3G that is)

Plus is has a faster processor, bigger rom and is thinner.

Edited by Pagemakers

Guest Looby

That is exactly my point! Most places I have visited in Europe have had Wi-Fi for some time and its good to see it rolling out to towns in England. :)

Guest wbloore

I've received my MTeoR this morning. I have an SP5 but don't use WiFi on it much. For me 3G is much more important. WiFi doesn't extend to motorways, and I'm travelling for 2 hours every day as a passenger in a car, so 3G will be great.

The phone is sleaker, thinner and better looking than the SP5. It runs quicker too. I'm sure Pagemakers will give a more detailed review at some stage.

I'm very happy with so far, except I've been trying for an hour to application unlock. I've used Resco Registry, PHP RegEdit, and neither will let me change the security policy values. Anybody have an idea how to do this?

The phone is sleaker, thinner and better looking than the SP5. It runs quicker too.

Dang theres temptation thrown right in my face :)

must ..... not ...... buy ...... this ...... phone .........

Guest Dr Who
Dang theres temptation thrown right in my face :)

must ..... not ...... buy ...... this ...... phone .........

Hmmm, I thought it looked well fugly in the pictures, but I am coming round to the idea of getting one of these to run along side a Hermes. Anyone know if the Breeze is likely to appear on PAYG?

Guest Pagemakers
I've received my MTeoR this morning. I have an SP5 but don't use WiFi on it much. For me 3G is much more important. WiFi doesn't extend to motorways, and I'm travelling for 2 hours every day as a passenger in a car, so 3G will be great.

The phone is sleaker, thinner and better looking than the SP5. It runs quicker too. I'm sure Pagemakers will give a more detailed review at some stage.

I'm very happy with so far, except I've been trying for an hour to application unlock. I've used Resco Registry, PHP RegEdit, and neither will let me change the security policy values. Anybody have an idea how to do this?

wbloore, I use the attached app to unlock my phones. It's works on every single smartphone I've tried it on and it's a simple 1 or 2 click process.

Can't test it on my MTeoR until tomorrow though.

SDA_ApplicationUnlock.zip

Guest wbloore
Hmmm, I thought it looked well fugly in the pictures, but I am coming round to the idea of getting one of these to run along side a Hermes.

I would hold off ordering one for the time being. I'm having real problems unlocking it. I'm giving up on it until someone else can unlock one. Help! Anyone?

Guest mini_man

I like the look! When orange release it im going to try a my joystick on my c600 is broken! I demand an upgrade because I know it will break again. (I did this with my C550 and orange gave me a C600 :))

It might just work! mini-sd would have been better though.

Guest Pagemakers

wbloore, before you run the app attached above please set your registry to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1 Application locking setting

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40 Application locking setting

Hmmm, I thought it looked well fugly in the pictures, but I am coming round to the idea of getting one of these to run along side a Hermes. Anyone know if the Breeze is likely to appear on PAYG?

Same here, when I saw the 1st pics that cam out I thought it looked like $h!# but the next lote of images definatly looked alot better.

still think I'll stick with my startrk until the next round of smartphones come out. Hopefully we'll see a 3G, wifi, 128 RAM and ROM, 300-400mhz proc and all in a tidy good looking case!

Now thats what I'm talkin' about :)

Guest wbloore
wbloore, before you run the app attached above please set your registry to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1 Application locking setting

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40 Application locking setting

Pagemakers,

Regedit and Resco Registry will not let me change those values. I've tried loads of times. I've tried different versions of Regedit, including the HTC signed version. Still no luck. I've read that the C600 wouldn't allow application unlocking after installing the Push Email update. Is this the same sort of thing?

Guest wbloore
wbloore try using this version to change the registry. You must copy it across to your phone as a zip file and then open nd run it once on your phone.

I had tried that file earlier without any success, but gave it another try by re-downloading. Still no luck. I get an error message "Unable to perform this operation" when trying to save the new registry values.

With Resco Registry, I get a message "Modification of certain values can cause serious damage to your system. Do you wish to modify the value anyway?". I select Yes, but the setting is still the old value (2 and 16 respectively instead of 1 and 40).

Edited by wbloore