TomTom Mobile 5

Guest matt_d

Guest matt_d

Is anyone using this on their Mteor?

I have it installed but the voice commands keep cutting out. Tomtom dont support the Mteor so ive told them im using a C600 but they still can't solve it at the moment.

Anyone else got it working?

Guest Thetechnogeek
Is anyone using this on their Mteor?

I have it installed but the voice commands keep cutting out. Tomtom dont support the Mteor so ive told them im using a C600 but they still can't solve it at the moment.

Anyone else got it working?

Works OK on my Mteor, but I think I have a lesser manifestation of the same problem- the voice sometimes cuts out half way thru an instruction, but then come back a few minutes later. I've found it irritating but not a major issue. Sorry, don't have any ideas for a fix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone figured this out? I'm going to have to get a new phone if this doesn't work as I really rely on the voice instructions...

I'd be gutted though as I really like the mteor... :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Guest Hearnia_2K

Hi there,

Tomtom 6 seems to work alright...but its not ideal.

It doesnt have explicit support for the handset, I'm using the Dopod 595 variant. Performance seemed okay so far, however I found the menu's don't work perfectly as its desgned for a touch screen. You can mostly get by without one, but I found no way to remove a letter if you mis-type anything when putting in details like an address. The menu just about works, but you need to press right on joystick twice to get any menu item highlighted, then left and right change the current highlighted icon.

I am yet to try Tomtom 5. Does Tomtom 5 also assume you have a touchscreen? Can you erase characters during text input on TT 5?

Hope this helps guys!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest staffann

There are versions of Tomtom 5, one for touch screens (Tomtom Navigator 5) and one for phones withot a touch screen (Tomtom Mobile 5).

I also have the problem with Tomtom Mobile 5 that the voice disappears. I also tried tomtom 6, but I can only find a version for touch screens. It is unusable for me. Is there any version for phones like the MTeoR?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest michel24

Hi!

I've just tested tomtom 6 on the C700. (not yet with the bluetooth gps, still waiting for it)

It seems to work fine, but...

in most menu, i can only go left and right with the joystick, since going up and down change the volume (the usual stuff of the volume writed in % on the top right corner)

so that make the programm unusable (can't select map, city, ...)

Anyone having this problem too?

thanks à lot

michel

Guest awarner (MVP)
so that make the programm unusable (can't select map, city, ...)

That's because there is not a TomTom 6 Windows Smartphone version available.

If you have bought this thinking it would work you need to ask the shop for a refund.