• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

TomTom Mobile 5

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Is anyone using this on their Mteor?

I have it installed but the voice commands keep cutting out. Tomtom dont support the Mteor so ive told them im using a C600 but they still can't solve it at the moment.

Anyone else got it working?

Posted · Report post

Is anyone using this on their Mteor?

I have it installed but the voice commands keep cutting out. Tomtom dont support the Mteor so ive told them im using a C600 but they still can't solve it at the moment.

Anyone else got it working?

Works OK on my Mteor, but I think I have a lesser manifestation of the same problem- the voice sometimes cuts out half way thru an instruction, but then come back a few minutes later. I've found it irritating but not a major issue. Sorry, don't have any ideas for a fix.

Posted · Report post

Yes, thats the same problem as me.

My voices usually take over 40 minutes to start working again and when they do its only for a short period.

Posted · Report post

how did you guys get tomtom working? I tried to use the same version as on the qtek8310, but getting the message "not allowed to run"

Posted · Report post

I just followed the enclosed instrunctions.

Tomtom 6 is out soon though, lets hope it works better than 5.

Posted · Report post

Anyone figured this out? I'm going to have to get a new phone if this doesn't work as I really rely on the voice instructions...

I'd be gutted though as I really like the mteor... :rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

Tomtom 6 seems to work alright...but its not ideal.

It doesnt have explicit support for the handset, I'm using the Dopod 595 variant. Performance seemed okay so far, however I found the menu's don't work perfectly as its desgned for a touch screen. You can mostly get by without one, but I found no way to remove a letter if you mis-type anything when putting in details like an address. The menu just about works, but you need to press right on joystick twice to get any menu item highlighted, then left and right change the current highlighted icon.

I am yet to try Tomtom 5. Does Tomtom 5 also assume you have a touchscreen? Can you erase characters during text input on TT 5?

Hope this helps guys!

Posted · Report post

There are versions of Tomtom 5, one for touch screens (Tomtom Navigator 5) and one for phones withot a touch screen (Tomtom Mobile 5).

I also have the problem with Tomtom Mobile 5 that the voice disappears. I also tried tomtom 6, but I can only find a version for touch screens. It is unusable for me. Is there any version for phones like the MTeoR?

Posted · Report post

Hi!

I've just tested tomtom 6 on the C700. (not yet with the bluetooth gps, still waiting for it)

It seems to work fine, but...

in most menu, i can only go left and right with the joystick, since going up and down change the volume (the usual stuff of the volume writed in % on the top right corner)

so that make the programm unusable (can't select map, city, ...)

Anyone having this problem too?

thanks à lot

michel

Posted · Report post

so that make the programm unusable (can't select map, city, ...)

That's because there is not a TomTom 6 Windows Smartphone version available.

If you have bought this thinking it would work you need to ask the shop for a refund.

Posted · Report post

ah ok, so hope i could give it back

anyway, thanks a lot for the information

Michel

PS : do you know if tomtom6 will exist for smartphone?