djrekcv

Moving JAVA MIDlets to Storage Card

djrekcv    0

Hello,

does anybody know if it's possible to make the Java Manager use storage card rather than phone memory, for installed midlets?

Something like the pocketIE cache solution someone offered.

Thanks a lot

scudo    0
Hello,

does anybody know if it's possible to make the Java Manager use storage card rather than phone memory, for installed midlets?

Something like the pocketIE cache solution someone offered.

Thanks a lot

hi

never tested, but I found a registry key :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tao\JMM

DataPath="\Application Data\Tao\intent"

if you want to test...

1. close JMM first
  2. change to DataPath="\storage card\Application Data\Tao\intent"
  3. copy directories and files from \Application Data\Tao\intent to \storage card\Application Data\Tao\intent
  4. reboot mobile
I think it should work....

djrekcv    0
hi

never tested, but I found a registry key :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tao\JMM

DataPath="\Application Data\Tao\intent"

if you want to test...

1. close JMM first
  2. change to DataPath="\storage card\Application Data\Tao\intent"
  3. copy directories and files from \Application Data\Tao\intent to \storage card\Application Data\Tao\intent
  4. reboot mobile
I think it should work....

Thanks. However, it didn't work. Just screwed the jvm up (it didn't recognize any midlet after that, I got an 'invalid jar' message everytime). Going back to previous config, I fixed the problem.

Thanks anyway :D

luchino_san    0
Thanks. However, it didn't work. Just screwed the jvm up (it didn't recognize any midlet after that, I got an 'invalid jar' message everytime). Going back to previous config, I fixed the problem.

Thanks anyway :D

I have a Qtek 8310 and this tweak for java works, there is only a little slow-down while open or close one midlet...last month I posted it in my forum and it seems to work even for other people:

" - Creare nella Storage Card la cartella \Application Data

- Modifica del registro:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Tao\JMM

Soft-key sinistro su "Values" e cambiare l'originale "DataPath" in questo -----> DataPath = \Storage Card\Application Data\Tao\intent "

It's in Italian but I think you should understand...it's important to write everything in the same way...

Bye

scudo    0
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Tao\JMM

Soft-key sinistro su "Values" e cambiare l'originale "DataPath" in questo -----> DataPath = \Storage Card\Application Data\Tao\intent "

It's in Italian but I think you should understand...it's important to write everything in the same way...

Hi Luchino

seems to be exactly what I suggested to djrekcv, and reported as doesn't work.... :D

luchino_san    0

Hi, infact it seems the same tip (made exception for "storage card" instead of "Storage Card")...I just reported "mine" to confirm that it works :D

Ciao

Edited by luchino_san

scudo    0
Hi, infact it seems the same tip (made exception for "storage card" instead of "Storage Card")...I just reported "mine" to confirm that it works :D

Ciao

Hi

Yes, I forgot the capital letters in Storage Card... but windows don't care of upper / lower case normaly :D

maybe didn't work for djrekcv cause he already have java midlets installed....

luchino_san    0
Hi

Yes, I forgot the capital letters in Storage Card... but windows don't care of upper / lower case normaly :D

maybe didn't work for djrekcv cause he already have java midlets installed....

I don't think the problem is this because today after a hard reset I used this tweak again and opera mini + google maps were already installed in main memory...it's really strange that it doesn't work for djrekcv, let's see what he'll say about that :D

djrekcv    0

Well, I've solved the problem. After uninstalling every midlet, I followed the whole process once again and this time it worked perfectly.

Thanks a lot

lspatricio    1
Hi!

I can't find the key DataPath="\Application Data\Tao\intent" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tao\JMM. :( :rolleyes:

Please help me! I own a C600.

Cheers!

DataPath is not a key. It's a string value. So, after clicking on JMM key, press the left softkey which says "Values" and you should be able to see the string value "DataPath".

good luck. :)

DataPath is not a key. It's a string value. So, after clicking on JMM key, press the left softkey which says "Values" and you should be able to see the string value "DataPath".

good luck. :)

Hello, my Smartphone does not have the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tao, sought by the key Tao in all of the registry and not the found

If i put the key, will work?