viewing email attachments v1240 (qtek 8310)

Guest munsen

Guest munsen

My device is the Vodafone v1240 which is also known as the Qtek 8310 amoung others.

Is there a way to view e-mail attachments sent in word or pdf format when using pocket internet explorer to check my e-mail through an exchange server? When I click on the attachment link, I get a message saying that the file cannot be viwed on this device, though for jpeg's it works ok. I have clearvue Suite installed on the phone.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Guest jimbouk

Have you tried right clicking the link and saving the target file to your device? That may work better as the file assocation with Clearvue may only work with *.doc or *.xls etc on the device rather than in PIE.

Guest whitestar

Hi Munsen, you should have a full copy of ClearVue on the CD that came with the phone. I had trouble installing my copy but got in touch with Westek support and they sorted it for me.

Guest munsen
Have you tried right clicking the link and saving the target file to your device? That may work better as the file assocation with Clearvue may only work with *.doc or *.xls etc on the device rather than in PIE.

I have tried this but unfortunately on this phone there is no option to save the target file when you highlight the attachment - thanks anyway.

Guest munsen
Hi Munsen, you should have a full copy of ClearVue on the CD that came with the phone. I had trouble installing my copy but got in touch with Westek support and they sorted it for me.

Yes I have clearvue suite installed on the phone but without being able to save the attachment from the web page when viewing my exchange server I am unable to view the file using this application. As mentioned, i can open jpeg attachments when viewed in pocket explorer but not word or pdf files.

Guest munsen
Yes I have clearvue suite installed on the phone but without being able to save the attachment from the web page when viewing my exchange server I am unable to view the file using this application. As mentioned, i can open jpeg attachments when viewed in pocket explorer but not word or pdf files.

To reword my original post, i am trying to find out how to save target files in pocket internet explorer on the v1240 (Qtek 8310) as i cannot find an option to do so. If a link on a web page viewed in PIE is selected your options are limited to sending the link by sms which is of no real use.

Would the Opera browser be a way to get around this?